Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Jets camp 8/6 news thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I'll ask you again..in the history of the NFL, name another HC that gets the kind of blame you throw Rexs way for Sanchez sucking up the joint.

Tell us why a QB who takes a handful of sacks in one game sucks for 2 seasons and you think its an ok excuse.

Tell us again that the Jets used ground and pound to the detriment of Sanchez, not that they ran ground and pound because their QB couldn't master a pro offense.

Then remind us that the offense didn't have enough talent for our poor QB.

To remind all, the HC was to blame, the OCs were to blame, the lack of talent was to blame, the Raven game was to blame.

Sanchez, not so much.
    you've got to kidding right ??. All you need to do is go back and look at all the HC's fired in NFL history , you'll find many examples where the HC mismanaged the QB situation or offenses/defenes in general . If fact I'll cliam Herm was fired here because he was much too conservative with his offense. How about Joe Walton ? This is not a unique situation, Rex is a great DC his mistake was his stubborness at trying to force his will on the offense , its something that happens quite often when a DC becomes a HC. He should have given his OC ccomplete say in year 1 like he says he finally has in year 5.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    you've got to kidding right ??. All you need to do is go back and look at all the HC's fired in NFL history , you'll find many examples where the HC mismanaged the QB situation or offenses/defenes in general . If fact I'll cliam Herm was fired here because he was much too conservative with his offense. How about Joe Walton ? This is not a unique situation, Rex is a great DC his mistake was his stubborness at trying to force his will on the offense , its something that happens quite often when a DC becomes a HC. He should have given his OC ccomplete say in year 1 like he says he finally has in year 5.
    I have a feeling he had no choice in the matter this year.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ill further that by saying I would like to see Mark resurrect himself. But Ray insults other posters in an unprovoked fashion. Plain and simple. The fact that he doesn't see it is BRICK one in the wall of immaturity.
    Wrong again!

I did nothing to you, just more of your whining!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I have a feeling he had no choice in the matter this year.
    Probably right in year 1, but to be honest year's one and two he kind of lucked out as the Jets had the players on O that matched the scheme he wanted to run.

It's in year 3 that he stubbornly resisted change. And before the Rex supporters jump all over me. I realize it was not him alone, the FO became complacent and cocky , letting Faneca and then Woody walk away w/o replacing them and also believing that Greene could be the bellcow RB. And yes Sanchez and the offensive players share the blame as well, but in my opinion they were not put in the best position to win based on a decision directly tied to our HC's mantra G&P and win with defense. As a HC you need to adapt to the players you have and their skillsets. You can't force a system on them unless you have the pieces to execute that system. The folly is Rex had success in years 1 & 2 and thought his system was infallible, he became too cocky that his way was the only way. Look at our biggest rival the Pats, they're constantly changing schemes -run based, 3 wr based, te based, all based on the players they have .
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 08-07-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm well aware of what Sanchez was last year, the problem is, you and too many like you ignore the other contributing facts to his current demise, the injuries he's had, the complete garbage he's had coaching him, 3 systems in 3 years, 2 of which were complete failures, etc etc
    woah, woah, woah.

So... you're finally willing to admit that Schoddy sucked? 'Cause that's not the tune you we're singing when I was shouting "Fire Schoddy!!!" from every rooftop I could muster.

I thought "players played and coaches coach." ...?

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    woah, woah, woah.

So... you're finally willing to admit that Schoddy sucked? 'Cause that's not the tune you we're singing when I was shouting "Fire Schoddy!!!" from every rooftop I could muster.

I thought "players played and coaches coach." ...?
    Oh stop, never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong, admitted the same about Sparano last year.

I thought schotty did a good job in 09 and 10, not sure what happened in 11, but he lost his players. Sparano never had them, and Cavanaugh was an abomination.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh stop, never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong, admitted the same about Sparano last year.

I thought schotty did a good job in 09 and 10, not sure what happened in 11, but he lost his players. Sparano never had them, and Cavanaugh was an abomination.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Probably right in year 1, but to be honest year's one and two he kind of lucked out as the Jets had the players on O that matched the scheme he wanted to run.
    What I meant was, I don't think Rex has a choice this year. I have a feeling it was made clear to him (Idzik) to stay away from the offense and MM's philosophy.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is BIGGER than the QB competition.

It's been my mantra in any of my support for Sanchez

I want to see Sanchez with a legit OC, it seems MM and Lee have had a really positive effect on Sanchez, and they will have the same on Smith.

A Sanchez that bounces back, thumbs his nose to his critics and the fanbase that has turned on him, would be awesome.

But better than that, a Sanchez that bounces back, is GOOD for our Jets team, it's just a damn shame TOO many ignorant fans who are BLATANTLY rooting AGAINST Sanchez don't see this.
    Hear, hear

Rex needs to grow a pair. He needs to get in Marks face and tell him to protect the F ing ball or your going to be benched!!!