Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez's headband

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    The guy's growing his hair, to donate it to cancer patients....... WTF is wrong with people?

52 turnovers in 2 yrs. chicks donate their hair to cancer patients...don't go that route, Laxman. Btw I like what George Carlin had to say about lacrosse. It's not a sport, it's a f*ggot college activity. Let me guess, you were an "all American", like every other kid from LI/NJ

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    52 turnovers in 2 yrs. chicks donate their hair to cancer patients...don't go that route, Laxman. Btw I like what George Carlin had to say about lacrosse. It's not a sport, it's a f*ggot college activity. Let me guess, you were an "all American", like every other kid from LI/NJ
    LOL; hey, Rickles, go easy on the general population. Punch me if you're mad. Nothing wrong with lax; although it's not my choice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that wants to, donates hair to cancer patients.... I know three MEN that have done it----- so maybe YOU shouldn't go that route, as that's exactly what he's doing. As for Carlin's comment, may he RIP...... it was then, and is now, a moronic statement, made by someone that never played the game. I'm neither from Long Island, nor Jersey, I wasn't an all-american..... I've been playing for 30 years, I was pretty good in HS (enough to get college offers, but not many)..... pretty good in college (club team, in the south)...... and I still play in mens' leagues. It's a tough game, both physically and mentally, and a sh*tload of fun. If you have the balls, which I question, you should put on some pads, grab a stick, and try to play, without crying the first time someone hits you with a stick, or fires a ball at an unprotected body part...... at 90-100mph.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that wants to, donates hair to cancer patients.... I know three MEN that have done it----- so maybe YOU shouldn't go that route, as that's exactly what he's doing. As for Carlin's comment, may he RIP...... it was then, and is now, a moronic statement, made by someone that never played the game. I'm neither from Long Island, nor Jersey, I wasn't an all-american..... I've been playing for 30 years, I was pretty good in HS (enough to get college offers, but not many)..... pretty good in college (club team, in the south)...... and I still play in mens' leagues. It's a tough game, both physically and mentally, and a sh*tload of fun. If you have the balls, which I question, you should put on some pads, grab a stick, and try to play, without crying the first time someone hits you with a stick, or fires a ball at an unprotected body part...... at 90-100mph.

Alright, I hear ya....just thought it was a funny quote. I grew up on LI around lax...I played hockey in HS and college (club as well). We live in Manhasset and every sport takes a back seat to Lax..which is a shame IMO.

Sanchez still gets no pass for the hair.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I hear ya....just thought it was a funny quote. I grew up on LI around lax...I played hockey in HS and college (club as well). We live in Manhasset and every sport takes a back seat to Lax..which is a shame IMO.

Sanchez still gets no pass for the hair.
    The skills for hockey and lacrosse are pretty interchangeable, IMO. I loved playing hockey on the frozen pond, when I was a kid..... unfortunately, my high school, in Rockland county, didn't have a hockey team--- or I would've played that, as well. I take back my "if you have the balls" comment..... you played hockey, you have the balls. I always laughed at that Carlin quote.... never agreed with it, but laughed, just the same. He was great, and gone too soon.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the latest reason I don't like him. So ghey...my 5 and 3 yr old daughters have a bunch of them, as they should. Not a good look on a dude.
    Broadway Joe wore pantyhose and he took us to a SB. Who cares what Mark wears if he is able to take us to the same place.

By the way, I think Mark gets a lot of fine young women into bed. Far more then you could ever dream of. Please don't teach your children to be bigots, like you seem to be with your comment.
    Last edited by viguy007; 08-06-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy's growing his hair, to donate it to cancer patients....... WTF is wrong with people?
    In the interest of accuracy. Sanchez said he "was debating growing his hair and potentially donating to the Locks of Love charity program." Debating and potentially. Certainly not long enough at the time to warrant wearing a woman's fashion accessory. But whatever you think about it, he's gone in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The skills for hockey and lacrosse are pretty interchangeable, IMO. I loved playing hockey on the frozen pond, when I was a kid..... unfortunately, my high school, in Rockland county, didn't have a hockey team--- or I would've played that, as well. I take back my "if you have the balls" comment..... you played hockey, you have the balls. I always laughed at that Carlin quote.... never agreed with it, but laughed, just the same. He was great, and gone too soon.
    Hockey and lacrosse skills are not interchangeable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then I really feel bad for whoever gets his pube hair. Double sh*t hand dealt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Hockey and lacrosse skills are not interchangeable.
    We'll have to disagree on that one. The hand/eye coordination, the stamina, the body checking are all similar. If you've ever played box lacrosse, which I have, they're even more similar.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I can see you want to hang around.
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I sense a short shelf life
    I don't. This isn't TGG where "thick skin" is unheard of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's growing his hair out to donate to cancer patients, and people are mad about that? I can't stand the guy being our starter either, but give me a break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for somebody with a clue to finally save this thread... Well done.

I will echo "WTF is wrong with people?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten used to it. I no longer find it ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CurleyJohnson View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. I mean really, who here will be surprised when Mark comes out of the closet?
    You're always talking about who's gay or not.

Seems odd.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viguy007 View Post
    Broadway Joe wore pantyhose and he took us to a SB. Who cares what Mark wears if he is able to take us to the same place.

By the way, I think Mark gets a lot of fine young women into bed. Far more then you could ever dream of. Please don't teach your children to be bigots, like you seem to be with your comment.
    Broadway Joe was paid big bucks in a commercial to wear pantyhose.

The point of the commercial was a big bad athlete with ugly legs wearing hose, kind of different that Sanchez voluntarily wearing something

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're always talking about who's gay or not.

Seems odd.

Maybe because he really does have a "CurleyJohnson"?

(yes, I'm bad. lol. )

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I've gotten used to it. I no longer find it ridiculous.
    +1

It took a little while but now I don't think it's really that ridiculous. It's more like absurd...maybe ludicrous or preposterous.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care one way or the other about the headband, but for people using the "he's growing his hair out for cancer" reasoning, WTF does that have to do w/ the headband. He doesn't NEED a headband. He CHOOSES to wear a headband.

Props to Sanchez for donating hair to support a valid cause.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I don't care one way or the other about the headband, but for people using the "he's growing his hair out for cancer" reasoning, WTF does that have to do w/ the headband. He doesn't NEED a headband. He CHOOSES to wear a headband.

Props to Sanchez for donating hair to support a valid cause.
    I agree.. A lot of players have long hair but don't wear the headband.. To me it's more added evidence of how weak or " metro" mark is.. The gq pics? Come on can any real man wear that stuff? Check out what Aron Rodgers had to say about mark's pics, and that's a fellow Cali guy.. Then there was the " flinch" mark at wideout flinching back scared in Miami game in 12. It's sad he has the physical traits to be good, great work ethic, ect.. Wants to be a good leader, just don't think he is man enough for the NFL.. Not that he was ever very good but he got worse following the beating he took in Baltimore in 2012.. I think that messed him up for good.. Feel bad for him, maybe he should have played baseball..