Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: MM: Sanchez to start because "he's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp."

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm not saying it's more coddling but it reeks of it.

    MM basically saying - Poor Sanchez got booed at the scrimmage so let's show the fans that we support him.
    Or it could just be that Sanchez has been playing better than Geno for the majority of the camp?

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno will be getting time with the 1st string.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is a 4-year veteran, 4-year starter, 2-time AFCCG QB.

    There was no way he wasn't going to get the start in pre-season game #1. None whatsoever, regardless of his play in camp.

    As such, like most "Coachspeak", it's utterly irrelevant what MM says about Sanchez's supposed "outstanding" camp thus far, as even a cursory reading of camp reports would expose this line as what it is, coachspeak rah rah bull****.

    Getting worked up about it would be silly. It was going to be this way no matter what, thats how the NFL operates, the veteran incumbant gets the nod first at this point.

    We'll all get to judge for ourselves how "outstanding" Sanchez looks soon enough, and if Geno looks the part or not.

    So congrats to Sanchez for having to have the O-Co basicly defend his decision to start him in the media and court of public opinion. We all know that if Sanchez REALLY had earned the start, no such comments would have ever been required.

    Coachspeak is coachspeak, as is best ignored.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't care about who starts Friday, more interested in who plays better with the 1st team.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Can't see anyone ever paying more than a seventh for Sanchez, ever.
    You totally underestimate the stupidity of gms in this league. You totally underestimate the arrogance of coaches who think they can 'fix' any player.

    And lest anyone thinks I'm a Sanchez supporter by my comments, look at my posting history. I thought Sanchez sucked long before it became cool to hate him.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    People are *****ing because Mark is starting on Friday? LMFAO!!!!!

    Get a grip people......I want Geno to start as much as anyone, but let this play out first....

    If Geno is the man for the job, he will start. PERIOD.
    I don't think people are upset because MS is starting, I think people are confused because MM said MS was outstanding.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't think people are upset because MS is starting, I think people are confused because MM said MS was outstanding.
    Feed the ego.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't think people are upset because MS is starting, I think people are confused because MM said MS was outstanding.
    Could be a new Jetsfan E-Meme in the making.

    Pictures of Mark Sanchez buttfumbling, tossing pick 6's, getting crushed....all with "OUTSTANDING!" in big bold letters on the graphic.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Mark Sanchez is a 4-year veteran, 4-year starter, 2-time AFCCG QB.

    There was no way he wasn't going to get the start in pre-season game #1. None whatsoever, regardless of his play in camp.

    As such, like most "Coachspeak", it's utterly irrelevant what MM says about Sanchez's supposed "outstanding" camp thus far, as even a cursory reading of camp reports would expose this line as what it is, coachspeak rah rah bull****.

    Getting worked up about it would be silly. It was going to be this way no matter what, thats how the NFL operates, the veteran incumbant gets the nod first at this point.

    We'll all get to judge for ourselves how "outstanding" Sanchez looks soon enough, and if Geno looks the part or not.

    So congrats to Sanchez for having to have the O-Co basicly defend his decision to start him in the media and court of public opinion. We all know that if Sanchez REALLY had earned the start, no such comments would have ever been required.

    Coachspeak is coachspeak, as is best ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Could be a new Jetsfan E-Meme in the making.

    Pictures of Mark Sanchez buttfumbling, tossing pick 6's, getting crushed....all with "OUTSTANDING!" in big bold letters on the graphic.
    lol...

    good thing you're not getting worked up over this. that would be silly

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Mark Sanchez is a 4-year veteran, 4-year starter, 2-time AFCCG QB.

    There was no way he wasn't going to get the start in pre-season game #1. None whatsoever, regardless of his play in camp.

    As such, like most "Coachspeak", it's utterly irrelevant what MM says about Sanchez's supposed "outstanding" camp thus far, as even a cursory reading of camp reports would expose this line as what it is, coachspeak rah rah bull****.

    Getting worked up about it would be silly. It was going to be this way no matter what, thats how the NFL operates, the veteran incumbant gets the nod first at this point.

    We'll all get to judge for ourselves how "outstanding" Sanchez looks soon enough, and if Geno looks the part or not.

    So congrats to Sanchez for having to have the O-Co basicly defend his decision to start him in the media and court of public opinion. We all know that if Sanchez REALLY had earned the start, no such comments would have ever been required.

    Coachspeak is coachspeak, as is best ignored.
    Please don't state the obvious you will confuse people.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm not saying it's more coddling but it reeks of it.

    MM basically saying - Poor Sanchez got booed at the scrimmage so let's show the fans that we support him.
    Hmmm I guess MM is just a liar than when he says Sanchez as been OUTSTANDING!!!

    You are kidding with a post like this...

    Good Grief!1

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't think people are upset because MS is starting, I think people are confused because MM said MS was outstanding.
    People haven't learned to ignore what coaches say to the media by now?

    People really expected MM to say I think Mark is a gutless, brainless, worthless specimen of a QB? (This is the truth BTW )

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    People are *****ing because Mark is starting on Friday? LMFAO!!!!!

    Get a grip people......I want Geno to start as much as anyone, but let this play out first....

    If Geno is the man for the job, he will start. PERIOD.
    THIS.

    Both of these guys are going to play a lot in preseason and there's no greater way to prove/disprove who should start than playing time.

    If you like Sanchez, you're happy he's getting a chance to show he's better than last year. If you hate Sanchez, you're happy that he'll show everyone he's as bad as you've been preaching on this message board!

  14. #34
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez haters gonna be looking stupid when he leads us to the playoffs

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You totally underestimate the stupidity of gms in this league. You totally underestimate the arrogance of coaches who think they can 'fix' any player.

    And lest anyone thinks I'm a Sanchez supporter by my comments, look at my posting history. I thought Sanchez sucked long before it became cool to hate him.
    Nobody has mentioned the ridiculous salary he is owed next yr. no one is touching him. He's bottom of the league qb making top of the league money.. He will be cut no question, next yr if we cut him only have to pay him a few mil. If were to cut him this yr we owe him nearly double.. Thanks MT you are a freakin moron..

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Outstanding???
    What Green and White Scrimmage was MM watching?
    Yea MM sucks what does he know about running an NFL offense????

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Mark Sanchez haters gonna be looking stupid when he leads us to the playoffs
    I don't think he has enough around him on O.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Mark Sanchez haters gonna be looking stupid when he leads us to the playoffs
    If it happens...great.

    I'll gladly eat crow on that one.

    But don't act like we're out of our minds for giving up on Sanchez. Some of you guys act like you're still 12 years old with this blind optimism that Sanchez is going to just magically turn it around.

    "He'll show you! He'll show ya!"

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was sure MM was MANISH METAH. LOL. He's in my head, yo.

  20. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully MM is dumb like a fox, knows Sanchez will sh*t the bed, making it much easier to name Geno the starter on OD.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us