Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: MM: Sanchez to start because "he's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp."

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sanchez started game ONE and played very well. Texans.
    One if his bet games ever. Is funny that so many of his great games were so long ago even in his rookie year.

    At Tennessee as a rookie. Another ballsy game. Somewhere in there he lost his balls.

  2. #82
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Morristown NJ
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peeps who want Gino to start this year should be happy with Sanchez starting on Friday. Gino would look even better having him driving for a score after Sanchez turned the ball over or has two 3 and outs. Could make it be a comeback.

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    One if his bet games ever. Is funny that so many of his great games were so long ago even in his rookie year.

    At Tennessee as a rookie. Another ballsy game. Somewhere in there he lost his balls.
    3/4 was coached out of him, not letting him play to his natural scrambling and forced to be a pocket QB. The Ravens beat the remaining 1/4 plus another 1/4 out of him.

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you will rustle some serious jimmies with that post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Stop with that stupid phrase.

    Thanks.
    Didn't McGinley come up with that?

  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Didn't McGinley come up with that?
    Well, I introduced JI to it's existence.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't have a problem with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    People get so worked up over this issue. This to me is playing out EXACTLY the way I had hoped. Sanchez looking not bad, Geno looking pretty good, for once the offense is not getting owned in camp. I'll be perfectly happy if Sanchez is the starter this year. No need to rush Geno and also it potentially pumps up some value for Sanchez so that Idzik can actually trade him after this year.
    +1

    I'm just happy the Jets drafted a legit franchise QB prospect in 2nd round, that has the skill set and potential, to be a long term solution, as QB NYJ, for this team.

    Geno Smith is correct when he says that he couldn't be in a better place then where he is right now. In the hands of Marty Mornhinweg and David Lee. They are ideal and experienced individuals...with impressive credentials...to coach up and prepare Geno for success. There's a lot of nuances that Smith needs to get more comfortable and knowledgeable with...as he makes the transition from a simple shot gun offense...to an NFL caliber WCO. Especially the way MM likes to run it. I trust this CS to make the right decision. Both for Geno Smith and the NYJ. Believe me...they are going to have a huge say, in deciding whether Smith or Sanchez should start the season.

    And to put this in perspective...Sanchez has almost a zero chance to be a Jets QB in 2014. Sanchez' presence on this team is a product of his contract. Not due to the quality of his play.

    So Geno Smith should not be anointed as some kind of messianic savior. Saving us fans and the team...from Sanchez...lol! But just view Geno as a worthwhile prospect to develop for the QB position. And that's what MM and Lee will do. They have both Geno Smith and the NYJ's best interests at heart. Why should anyone think otherwise?


    So I'm not gonna freak out over this...just going to let this play out.

  7. #87
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly I was hoping Mark would have been off the team by the beginning of TC. That not being the case because of Gerrard injury he should be allow to win the job. If he plays well enough to beat out Geno so be it. The most important thing this year is , Geno will be waiting should Mark begin to slide into his old habits. For the first time in Rex's time with the Jets there will be a viable backup he can turn to. May the best QB win, if that is Mark for the year so be it.

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, I introduced JI to it's existence.
    So I guess Ruby doesn't like you then. lol.

  9. #89
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    +1

    I'm just happy the Jets drafted a legit franchise QB prospect in 2nd round, that has the skill set and potential, to be a long term solution, as QB NYJ, for this team.

    Geno Smith is correct when he says that he couldn't be in a better place then where he is right now. In the hands of Marty Mornhinweg and David Lee. They are ideal and experienced individuals...with impressive credentials...to coach up and prepare Geno for success. There's a lot of nuances that Smith needs to get more comfortable and knowledgeable with...as he makes the transition from a simple shot gun offense...to an NFL caliber WCO. Especially the way MM likes to run it. I trust this CS to make the right decision. Both for Geno Smith and the NYJ. Believe me...they are going to have a huge say, in deciding whether Smith or Sanchez should start the season.

    And to put this in perspective...Sanchez has almost a zero chance to be a Jets QB in 2014. Sanchez' presence on this team is a product of his contract. Not due to the quality of his play.

    So Geno Smith should not be anointed as some kind of messianic savior. Saving us fans and the team...from Sanchez...lol! But just view Geno as a worthwhile prospect to develop for the QB position. And that's what MM and Lee will do. They have both Geno Smith and the NYJ's best interests at heart. Why should anyone think otherwise?


    So I'm not gonna freak out over this...just going to let this play out.
    good post. sanchez is also playing for his career as an NFL QB. if he goes out there and has another heinous season then he not only has zero chance to be jets QB but zero chance to be a QB of any team

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    MM - "Sanchez is getting the start because, unlike the hype machine suggests, Geno is not ready to start and Mark thus far has looked much improved since last year." - go figure

  11. #91
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    People get so worked up over this issue. This to me is playing out EXACTLY the way I had hoped. Sanchez looking not bad, Geno looking pretty good, for once the offense is not getting owned in camp. I'll be perfectly happy if Sanchez is the starter this year. No need to rush Geno and also it potentially pumps up some value for Sanchez so that Idzik can actually trade him after this year.
    smart guy. letthem duke it out in camp, both bring their a game hopefully their A+ game and the Jets are the winner...

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    No straw????? I thought Malt liquor was "drank" through a straw?

  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Sanchez is the incumbent veteran in an even competition. Of course he's going to start the first preseason game.
    I don't think this is an even competition, do you? Sanchez is a TERRIBLE QB.

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    I don't think this is an even competition, do you? Sanchez is a TERRIBLE QB.
    I see a cab ride in your future...............

  15. #95
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    look at it this way, we'll have the #1 pick in the draft next season
    Last edited by ColonelForbin; 08-07-2013 at 09:40 AM.

  16. #96
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like
    This offense is gonna really have a hard time moving the ball, especially the first half of the year. New offense, tough schedule, horrible WR's and RB's. Let Sanchez start and play until end of October when the schedule eases up and the team gets better, and then play Geno when it does not count anymore and get ready for 2014. This year is gonna be tough to watch, he gives us some hope towards the end of a lousy season. I am preparing myself so i wont get so upset. Next year, Rex, Sanchez and holmes will all be gone

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    One if his bet games ever. Is funny that so many of his great games were so long ago even in his rookie year.

    At Tennessee as a rookie. Another ballsy game. Somewhere in there he lost his balls.
    Haloti Ngata took them circa 2011......

    Mark grew another pair week 1 of last year, then The Pittsburgh D took them again the following week....

  18. #98
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Mark Sanchez haters gonna be looking stupid when he leads us to the playoffs
    "He was on the bus, I don't think he was driving it" - Coach Westy

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a little surprised about this, but I still trust the process. MM knows offense.

    To me, if anything this QB competition is a dead heat right now. Neither QB is anything to write home about. But Geno gets a little more understanding due to the fact he's a rookie. There's a learning curve with any rookie.

    Sanchez has no excuse. He's supposed to be running away with this competition, yet it is very much up in the air IMO if he'll be the opening day starter.

    The preseason games are just another step in the process.

  20. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sanchez started game ONE and played very well. Texans.
    The Texans game was the regular season, not the preseason. I believe the preseason game was the Ram's game.

    My point is this: the last time the Jets had a (somewhat) legitimate QB competition was in 2009 between Clemens & Sanchez (then a rookie). Even though the vet (Clemens) started the first preseason game, the rookie was eventually named the starter.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us