Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MM: Sanchez to start because "he's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp."

Jets Insider VIP

MM: Sanchez to start because "he's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp."

@RichCimini Rich Cimini

Marty Mornhinweg on why Sanchez is starting Friday night: "He's earned it. He's had an outstanding training camp." #Jets
    Maybe some ground rules for posting in this thread: Drink at least 5 beers, bring dynamite, and mention every other failed QB the Jets have had in the past 30 years when you state your opinion. lol

And away we go....

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't have a problem with it

People get so worked up over this issue. This to me is playing out EXACTLY the way I had hoped. Sanchez looking not bad, Geno looking pretty good, for once the offense is not getting owned in camp. I'll be perfectly happy if Sanchez is the starter this year. No need to rush Geno and also it potentially pumps up some value for Sanchez so that Idzik can actually trade him after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Maybe some ground rules for posting in this thread: Drink at least 5 beers, bring dynamite, and mention every other failed QB the Jets have had in the past 30 years when you state your opinion. lol

And away we go....
    Outstanding???
    What Green and White Scrimmage was MM watching?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    lol. Exactly!

I'm just waiting for someone to accuse Mornhinweg of being a biased Sanchez lover.

Or, even better, he's setting up Sanchez to get crushed against the first-team D of Detroit because MM secretly wants Geno to win the job.

If you give the reins to Geno now, does he start to relax the rest of training camp? Let Geno continue to work hard and really earn it.
    I have no problem with this.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sanchez is our in house stop gap, if he succeeds, it won't be by winning the SB but may entertain us a lil while as the Rook learns, and grows. If he fails, the Rook will have to grow and learn at a quicker pace at which we will see eventually if we need to find his replacement. This is not the perfect scenario by any means, however, there are teams out there that are in similar or worse scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

I'm just waiting for someone to accuse Mornhinweg of being a biased Sanchez lover.
    Check his tatoos...

he's earned the right to start in the first preseason game. lol, just lol. from two afc championship games to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    People get so worked up over this issue. This to me is playing out EXACTLY the way I had hoped. Sanchez looking not bad, Geno looking pretty good, for once the offense is not getting owned in camp. I'll be perfectly happy if Sanchez is the starter this year. No need to rush Geno and also it potentially pumps up some value for Sanchez so that Idzik can actually trade him after this year.
    you will rustle some serious jimmies with that post

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Can't see anyone ever paying more than a seventh for Sanchez, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Can't see anyone ever paying more than a seventh for Sanchez, ever.
    Wouldn't be sure of that. Matt Leinart got a second chance. And Sanchez has a better career than Leinart.

The lack of great QBs means teams are going to take some risks

I'm not saying it's more coddling but it reeks of it.

MM basically saying - Poor Sanchez got booed at the scrimmage so let's show the fans that we support him.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

MM basically saying - Poor Sanchez got booed at the scrimmage so let's show the fans that we support him.
    And of course if Geno gets the job outright, we're coddling him just like with Mark.

All Pro
    People are *****ing because Mark is starting on Friday? LMFAO!!!!!

Get a grip people......I want Geno to start as much as anyone, but let this play out first....

If Geno is the man for the job, he will start. PERIOD.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Yeah, coddling that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    People are *****ing because Mark is starting on Friday? LMFAO!!!!!

Get a grip people......I want Geno to start as much as anyone, but let this play out first....

If Geno is the man for the job, he will start. PERIOD.
    And its a preseason game as well. People are nuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you will rustle some serious jimmies with that post
    Stop with that stupid phrase.

Thanks.