Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans should boycott Mehta and Cimini...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Fans should boycott Mehta and Cimini...

They are the reason the Jets are seen in such a negative light, they look to start controversy where there's none. Their reporting is just toxic to the team. I live in Miami and nothing but homers covering the Fins down here, the Jets beat writers especially these two clowns spend every waking hour devising ways to bring the team down and it's fanbase.

What can we do as fans to combat these two idiots?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try anything, Slik.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    They are the reason the Jets are seen in such a negative light, they look to start controversy where there's none. Their reporting is just toxic to the team. I live in Miami and nothing but homers covering the Fins down here, the Jets beat writers especially these two clowns spend every waking hour devising ways to bring the team down and it's fanbase.

What can we do as fans to combat these two idiots?
    i think the "fanbase" is doing a good enough job of bringing the team down all on its own...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban you all to hell...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i think the "fanbase" is doing a good enough job of bringing the team down all on its own...
    +1

If you feel they're too hard on the team so be it, but they're spot on about the fans . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    winning solves everything. the jets problem is, its been 44 yrs of losing, not even a apperance in the SB since SB III.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets fans are crap. They love to hate their team. When they do well its never appreciated and when they do poorly its as if they never win at all. There are a lot of teams in this league that are worse off then the Jets year in and year out but you would never know it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    jets fans are crap. They love to hate their team. When they do well its never appreciated and when they do poorly its as if they never win at all. There are a lot of teams in this league that are worse off then the Jets year in and year out but you would never know it.
    this mentality is the same crap people like Cimini and Joe Benigno peddle. The 70s, 80s and early 90s are over. The Jets have actually been a reasonably good franchise since 1998, which 3 AFC championship appearances. And the new generation of Jets fans does not have this twisted "love to hate their team" mentality.

Cimini and Mehta are trash tabloid journalists. Jenny Vrentas was by far the best beat writer and she has gone national now, having great success. Cimini and Mehta will always be local as long as they adhere to tabloid writing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have already started to boycott Mehta over 6 months ago. He isn't fit to cover a pee wee football team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have followed beat writers for other teams and they are all homers. Ours are some of the only ones that tear the team apart trying to create stories.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I have followed beat writers for other teams and they are all homers. Ours are some of the only ones that tear the team apart trying to create stories.
    That is b.c controversy sells. If our beat reporters were always waving pom poms nobody would be talking about them. This thread is proof. No such thing as bad publicity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't visit the Daily News or ESPN NY. Ever. Block them on Twitter. That's what fans can do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we could throw flaming poo bags on their front porch. Or we could stop worrying about what a couple of hack writers do to put a few shekels in their pockets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No team should have to suffer the abuse the Jets get from their own beat writers, do the Giants? Not even close!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tie a wheel barrow to your scrotum and jump off the GWB, that's for starters, WCO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best way to get your Jet information,is through sites like this one. The best Jet beat writer i grew up reading was with Jerry Eskenazi. He was a must read. Steve Serby and Cannizzaro were also Jet beat writers I enjoyed. Guys like Cimini and Mehta should not be read, thats how u hurt these guys who unfairly bash a fan base that hasn't sniffed a SB in over 45 years. Every Jet fan should unfollow Mehta on twitter.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 08-06-2013 at 08:30 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you f'ing serious? How long have you followed the Jets, two weeks? If you are fairly and accurately reporting on the Jets, then BY DEFINITION you are casting them in a negative light more often than not. But maybe I'm the only one who's been paying attention for the past 4 decades. Unreal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny thing is that Mehta was as good as, if not better than Ventras when he was the Jets' beat reporter for the Newark Star-Ledger. He completely changed his style to the vomit he continually gives us the day after he replaced Cimini at the Daily News. See the connection? The problem is the Daily News (and other papers) who order their people to write in "sensationalist" style. They promote unprofessionalism all for the mighty dollar. It was the Daily News that trained Cimini to be a complete ass hole as a "professional" journalist (as opposed to being a potential ass hole). They have done the same to Mehta, who is also now a huge smelly ass hole. Shame on him for buying into that. The Daily News even has another guy, I forget his name, that does the same crap.
    Last edited by Dcat; 08-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Miami it is sickening how bad these reporters are such homers, all the talk radio show hosts will not stop how the Fins are going to the playoffs and Tannefail is going to the pro bowl Etc.. Then you have Cimini and Manish who are bottom feeders and parasites I boycott all of their articles and blocked them from twitter because it only pisses me off when I read there ****