Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WR Vidal Hazelton tears acl

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And he's gone:

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m
    The Jets released Vidal Hazelton. He hurt his knee yesterday. Tough business #NYJ

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    This whole situation concerns me greatly. This is why I worry about guys like Ivory and Holmes and even Goodson not working in camp. I believe it makes them more likely have these types of injuries once they do come back.
    I agree, I have been sitting here silently listening to all these rocket scientists say, oh it does not matter, let Ivory rest, running back is a no brainer position. Yes I agree it does not require the mental conditioning the other skill positions require, but it most certainly does requires as much if not more of the physical conditioning as any other position out there. While hamstrings are tough and need to heal, the body needs a good month and a half to be at full game speed, and that does not always include ligaments, I'm talking joints and muscles. The players union jumped into the fire here too quick being a bit too selfish, they will re-think and will adjust. way too many pulls, hamstring and ACL injuries this year so far and it is a direct result of improper conditioning. As always, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't say I understand your disdain for Edwards. He loves the team, is a willing and effective blocker, is the #4 on this team at best (when Holmes returns) and is making peanuts.

He's not going to prevent any of the young guys from leap-frogging him on the depth chart simply by outplaying him. What's the downside to having him on the roster?
    I have no disdain for him at all. He has just shown nothing in 5 years now to make any logical person think he should still be in the league. How many chances do you give a guy that has just contently not played well? I just dont get who anyone thinks more of him then a guy like Randy Moss or Chaz. Your not talking a very good WR even when healthy it is just plain idiocy at this point to even want him on the roster IMO. He failed here lets move on. PLEASE.

All Pro
    So soon?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have no disdain for him at all. He has just shown nothing in 5 years now to make any logical person think he should still be in the league. How many chances do you give a guy that has just contently not played well? I just dont get who anyone thinks more of him then a guy like Randy Moss or Chaz. Your not talking a very good WR even when healthy it is just plain idiocy at this point to even want him on the roster IMO. He failed here lets move on. PLEASE.
    Showed nothing in the last 5 years? He failed in NY? Really? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He put up 900+ yards in only 15 games in 2010 with Sanchez as QB. That's showing a lot.

Ive been explaining it for 3 years now. He was a huge disappointment here IMO. All he ever did was dog out plays. I dont want a guy like that I dont care how good his highlight real looks. I was a BE fan until he played in Green. After I saw the real BE on the field I just want no part of his lack luster lazy ball. A rook can give you want he brings it was nothing special. He was a bust here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ive been explaining it for 3 years now. He was a huge disappointment here IMO. All he ever did was dog out plays. I dont want a guy like that I dont care how good his highlight real looks. I was a BE fan until he played in Green. After I saw the real BE on the field I just want no part of his lack luster lazy ball. A rook can give you want he brings it was nothing special. He was a bust here.
    I totally disagree with your characterization.

I totally disagree with your characterization.
    I like his character it is his play I question.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like his character it is his play I question.
    Okay but that has nothing to do with my use of the word characterization.

I stood next to his wife and young daughter at practice in NJ....feel bad for the guy....also thought he had some promise this year.

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    And he's gone:

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3m
    The Jets released Vidal Hazelton. He hurt his knee yesterday. Tough business #NYJ
    Things have definitely changed. In the past we have paid lesser WR to go home and sit out a year on the DL to come back to camp next year. Last year it was Royce Pollard before that Turner and Stuckey. I know there where more but I cant think of them off the top of my head. I dont think we have ever just cut a guy who actually showed something in camp. Hope this means that they feel good about the guys still on the roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Things have definitely changed. In the past we have paid lesser WR to go home and sit out a year on the DL to come back to camp next year. Last year it was Royce Pollard before that Turner and Stuckey. I know there where more but I cant think of them off the top of my head. I dont think we have ever just cut a guy who actually showed something in camp. Hope this means that they feel good about the guys still on the roster.
    I haven't read anything about it with Hazelton, but don't teams usually do "injury settlements" now?

Perhaps they did and it hasn't been reported yet. I don't know if they did that type of thing in the past or not.

All Pro
    Hazleton probably goes onto the IR for the year once he clears waivers. Procedural move - you can't just stash young guys on IR this early in pre-season, they have to clear waivers first to stop the old "oh he has a broken fingernail, let's stash him on IR for a year" trick that used to happen in the past (and on the Pats).

Similar thing happened with Marcus Davis. He got hurt, he got waived, and then he went onto the Jets' IR.

Unfortunately this guy will probably never play in the NFL again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Hazleton probably goes onto the IR for the year once he clears waivers. Procedural move - you can't just stash young guys on IR this early in pre-season, they have to clear waivers first to stop the old "oh he has a broken fingernail, let's stash him on IR for a year" trick that used to happen in the past (and on the Pats).

Similar thing happened with Marcus Davis. He got hurt, he got waived, and then he went onto the Jets' IR.
    Yes. Good point.

At this rate, Braylon Edwards will be the only healthy WR on the Jets roster by September...SMH.

I haven't read anything about it with Hazelton, but don't teams usually do "injury settlements" now?

Perhaps they did and it hasn't been reported yet. I don't know if they did that type of thing in the past or not.
    If you’re an undrafted free agent, a late-round draft pick or a street free agent, you more often then not get nothing when cut in camp injury or no. Owner left a training camp buffer in that agreement. Otherwise low levels not making the team would all come down with hammys this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    At this rate, Braylon Edwards will be the only healthy WR on the Jets roster by September...SMH.
    Is he even healthy? Hasnt he been on a bike a few days now?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

That's exactly what happened, he just got put on IR, they must like what they saw