Thread: The Mark Sanchez Era: You come to this party for the crying, not the cake

The Mark Sanchez Era: You come to this party for the crying, not the cake

'"Ever since Kyle Orton's historically awful 2005 campaign, only one quarterback has started 15-plus games and finished with a worse passer rating than 2012 Mark Sanchez (66.9). That man was 2009 Mark Sanchez (63.0). Sanchez is not the worst quarterback in NFL history, but he might be the worst who ever stuck around."

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/8/459...k-sanchez-jets

Good read that basically sums up how I feel about Sanchez. I can't help but think that if we had even an average QB the jets would have at least 1 SB victory under Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whew...most damning article about Mark I've read...

Pretty depressing to see Vinny bottom dwelling as well.

So which one is it? Did we "only" win 6 games because we had one of the worst QBs in the history of the sport, or because we had no WRs, a mediocre line, pedestrian RBs, an incompetent OC,a buffoon HC and a defense that wasn't nearly as good as it looked on paper?

I'm sorry, but it can't be all of the above -- in that case 6 wins would have been a GREAT accomplishment. Say what you want, but there's no way Sanchez is as bad as he looked last year. Does that mean he rebounds to an All-Pro season? I don't see that happening -- I don't even think he finishes the year as our starting QB. But it drives me nuts when posters want to tell me how historically bad Sanchez is, then go on to trash every other aspect of the team put around him . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Wait a minute. Mark Sanchez is horrible???? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    So which one is it? Did we "only" win 6 games because we had one of the worst QBs in the history of the sport, or because we had no WRs, a mediocre line, pedestrian RBs, an incompetent OC,a buffoon HC and a defense that wasn't nearly as good as it looked on paper?

I'm sorry, but it can't be all of the above -- in that case 6 wins would have been a GREAT accomplishment. Say what you want, but there's no way Sanchez is as bad as he looked last year. Does that mean he rebounds to an All-Pro season? I don't see that happening -- I don't even think he finishes the year as our starting QB. But it drives me nuts when posters want to tell me how historically bad Sanchez is, then go on to trash every other aspect of the team put around him . . .
    Sanches is absolutely positively one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history. Yet people still defend him. It's unreal.

All League
    yeap, this is our starting QB

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanches is absolutely positively one of the worst starting QBs in NFL history. Yet people still defend him. It's unreal.
    It's called Battered Wives Syndrome.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetset21 View Post
    '"Ever since Kyle Orton's historically awful 2005 campaign, only one quarterback has started 15-plus games and finished with a worse passer rating than 2012 Mark Sanchez (66.9). That man was 2009 Mark Sanchez (63.0). Sanchez is not the worst quarterback in NFL history, but he might be the worst who ever stuck around."

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/8/459...k-sanchez-jets

Good read that basically sums up how I feel about Sanchez. I can't help but think that if we had even an average QB the jets would have at least 1 SB victory under Rex.
    This guys metric ranks Daunte Culpepper over Johnny Unitas, Neil O'Donnell over John Elway AND Jeff Garcia over Brett Favre... Im no Sanchez homer - but this thread should be ended right here and this "journalist" should never write another article

It's also hilarious to me that he makes no mention of Sanchez's 4 road playoff wins and the fact that he has a higher playoff passer rating than Peyton Manning. I guess cherry picking "facts" only matters when it serves your agenda. Again, I dont love Sanchez but I also dont understand why he gets crapped on for all he does that is bad - but gets ZERO credit for playing well in some of the biggest wins in franchise history. He needs to play better consistantly but he is far from the worst qb of all time..
    Last edited by RichmondVA_Jets; 08-09-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    This guys metric ranks Daunte Culpepper over Johnny Unitas, Neil O'Donnell over John Elway AND Jeff Garcia over Brett Favre... Im no Sanchez homer - but this thread should be ended right here and this "journalist" should never write another article

It's also hilarious to me that he makes no mention of Sanchez's 4 road playoff wins and the fact that he has a higher playoff passer rating than Peyton Manning. I guess cherry picking "facts" only matters when it serves your agenda. Again, I dont love Sanchez but I also dont understand why he gets crapped on for all he does that is bad - but gets ZERO credit for playing well in some of the biggest wins in franchise history. He needs to play better consistantly but he is far from the worst qb of all time..

I think the writer said that Sanchez is the worst QB to stick around. That's a little different from the worst of all time.

Sanchez does some things so poorly that it is kind of surprising to see him still being handed a starting job in his fourth year.

Plenty of QBs have better playoff numbers than Peyton "One & Done" Manning.

Hall Of Fame
    Nothing MM and David Lee can't fix.