Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Vidal Hazelton tears acl

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

WR Vidal Hazelton tears acl

That really sucks

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks, ugh. I thought he had a real shot at the roster.

Is it me, or is there a ton of ACL injuries lately? Danario Alexander tore his ACL today, Maclin, and a whole host of others so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    who said it was a tear? Sad as he was one of the guys that was winning a spot IMO. Good news for BE fans I guess. If it is a tear they will IR him till next year so they dont have to cut someone else. Spadola, Hill, Kerley, Gates, and Obomanu seem like the logical 5 now. Rodgers is locked in on the PS IMO. Holmes on PUP. I am hoping to see a late surge from Campbell but he is fighting from behind at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer, he's supposedly had a strong camp

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a recent article stating that reduced offseason programs/conditioning is great for joints but is actually terrible for ligaments and tendons which is why there are so many ACL tears so quickly, especially in non-contact practices.

Sorry I cant post it, but the article said the players association will look into possibly changing things a bit to prevent these injuries.

Either way, really sucks for this kid, he has had a battle his whole career, hopefully he can come back from this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    That sucks, ugh. I thought he had a real shot at the roster.

Is it me, or is there a ton of ACL injuries lately? Danario Alexander tore his ACL today, Maclin, and a whole host of others so far.
    Arrelious Benn also tore his ACL today. Injuries suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sucks thought he was starting to finally show his potential.. Big time HS recruit..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It happens every year but it is better to happen in TC than during the season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    who said it was a tear? Sad as he was one of the guys that was winning a spot IMO. Good news for BE fans I guess. If it is a tear they will IR him till next year so they dont have to cut someone else. Spadola, Hill, Kerley, Gates, and Obomanu seem like the logical 5 now. Rodgers is locked in on the PS IMO. Holmes on PUP. I am hoping to see a late surge from Campbell but he is fighting from behind at this point.
    I think you'll be disappointed. Barring injury, BE will make the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole situation concerns me greatly. This is why I worry about guys like Ivory and Holmes and even Goodson not working in camp. I believe it makes them more likely have these types of injuries once they do come back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    This whole situation concerns me greatly. This is why I worry about guys like Ivory and Holmes and even Goodson not working in camp. I believe it makes them more likely have these types of injuries once they do come back.
    It seems like it's much more common for WR's as opposed to RB's. AD is the one RB that comes to mind recently.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I think you'll be disappointed. Barring injury, BE will make the team.
    You mean thanks to injury. lol some of you guys really

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the injuries around the league.....the jets are in great shape compared to other teams...I would be more concerned if it was hill kerley Edwards...winslow etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No you read it right the first time. BE is making the team straight up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. I meant exactly what I said.

You listed 5 WR's. None of them are injured. BE will be one of them provided he's healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    No you read it right the first time. BE is making the team straight up.
    Word.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I understand your disdain for Edwards. He loves the team, is a willing and effective blocker, is the #4 on this team at best (when Holmes returns) and is making peanuts.

He's not going to prevent any of the young guys from leap-frogging him on the depth chart simply by outplaying him. What's the downside to having him on the roster?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Arrelious Benn also tore his ACL today. Injuries suck.
    Benn's second ACL tear in three years. Guy can't catch a break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't say I understand your disdain for Edwards. He loves the team, is a willing and effective blocker, is the #4 on this team at best (when Holmes returns) and is making peanuts.

He's not going to prevent any of the young guys from leap-frogging him on the depth chart simply by outplaying him. What's the downside to having him on the roster?
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    +1

And maybe, just maybe, this veteran can teach the youngsters a thing or two.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I always felt that he would also be a good mentor for Hill and a guy Hill could watch to pattern his game after (with more speed of course).

Don't know if BE is part of the reason or not but it sounds like Hill is progressing nicely in camp.