Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaz Schillens on 2012 Jets: "they were looking for scapegoats everywhere but QB"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Chaz Schillens on 2012 Jets: "they were looking for scapegoats everywhere but QB"

http://www.freep.com/article/2013080...TS01/308070036

Schilens said there’s no extra motivation playing the team for which he caught 28 passes and made six starts last year. But asked why things didn’t work out with the Jets, his answer hints at a sour experience. “For me there?” Schilens said. “Really, when it came down to it, I kind of felt like they were looking for scapegoats and besides everyone except for, you know, maybe the quarterback position, and it was what it was"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should really just shut up. He was/is/always will be awful. Everyone in the world knew that Sanchez was awful last year. I don't recall coaches making excuses for Sanchez. In fact, we kept hearing that Mark needs to make better decisions and eventually mark was benched and if we had a solid backup i suspect Mark would have been benched eariler.

Perhaps some people blamed the WRs/RBS/TEs because they were ALSO awful. Just because Mark was pathetic doesn't give guys like Chaz a free pass on their sucktastic season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most amazing part of that article is the realization that Glazz actually caught 28 passes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He should really just shut up. He was/is/always will be awful. Everyone in the world knew that Sanchez was awful last year. I don't recall coaches making excuses for Sanchez. In fact, we kept hearing that Mark needs to make better decisions and eventually mark was benched and if we had a solid backup i suspect Mark would have been benched eariler.

Perhaps some people blamed the WRs/RBS/TEs because they were ALSO awful. Just because Mark was pathetic doesn't give guys like Chaz a free pass on their sucktastic season.
    While i think Schillens is JAG, i dont agree with your view on the coaches making excuses for him.
    I have never, and i mean NEVER heard Rex talk about how Sanchez was beaming with suckage the last 2 seasons. Not saying it hasnt happened, but ive yet to hear any critical remarks on Mark from Rex. Maybe thats the professional approach, but i nearly vomited after hearing week in, week out, how Mark gave the team the best chance to win. Really?

Certainly Chaz doesnt deserve any sort of pass for his performance last year, but it is definitely a symbiotic relationship. Chaz cant pass the ball to himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY Glass Schilens....

Maybe if you produced you would still have a job in Florham Park.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    While i think Schillens is JAG, i dont agree with your view on the coaches making excuses for him.
    I have never, and i mean NEVER heard Rex talk about how Sanchez was beaming with suckage the last 2 seasons. Not saying it hasnt happened, but ive yet to hear any critical remarks on Mark from Rex. Maybe thats the professional approach, but i nearly vomited after hearing week in, week out, how Mark gave the team the best chance to win. Really?

Certainly Chaz doesnt deserve any sort of pass for his performance last year, but it is definitely a symbiotic relationship. Chaz cant pass the ball to himself.
    I also don't remember him saying anything about the WR's either. He's their coach, he's not going to throw his players under the bus individually. Chaz Schilens is gone because he sucks. He sucked with the Raiders, and he sucked with us. I don't know where he is now, but I'm sure he'll continue to suck. Doesn't change the fact that Mark sucked last year too, but Chaz trying to come away from it like he's some gift to the WR position and all his problems had to do with Sanchez is laughable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really news until we know where it was coming from; Tattoo or Trader Mike, both had a lot invested in Sanchez and something has to explain the last two years

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL,
    I was not trying to defend Chazzer, just saying, from what i saw last season from Mark, there couldnt have been many WR's in the league that would prosper from that kind of QB play.
    Not to go too OT, but this is leads into my Kerley Under Utilization Theory, or KUUT if you will. This guy is ready for a breakout season, and i fear another year of Sanchez led offense will leave him shriveled by the road like a dried out opossum pelt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Rex benched Sanchez. You don't bench a guy you think is doing a good job. And it was tough to bench sanchez because Tebow sucks and mcelroy is almost as bad, but he benched him anyway.

Its the same reason Chaz/Gates got PT last year, they were the only ones left on the roster. I didn't hear Rex bashing Chaz after any games either and we all know how bad he is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lions signed WR Chaz Schilens, formerly of the Jets.
    Schilens, 27, caught 28 balls for 289 yards and two touchdowns with the Jets last year, making six starts. Though blessed with a fast forty time and 6-foot-4, 225-pound build, Schilens is a possession receiver who averages 11.9 yards per catch in his career. He'll compete for a roster spot with Detroit. Jul 24 - 1:55 PM

this is the type of garbage we put on the field last yr. this loser was a starter for us. He will be lucky to be in the league this yr

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Granted he did nothing for us but he's not saying anything that I or most of the board doesn't agree with

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Granted he did nothing for us but he's not saying anything that I or most of the board doesn't agree with
    So you and most of the board believe Rex was throwing the WR's under the bus last year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is 95% to blame for the problems we've had between 2011 and 2012. He is right on the money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Cro Show puts a little hot sauce on him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Rex benched Sanchez. You don't bench a guy you think is doing a good job. And it was tough to bench sanchez because Tebow sucks and mcelroy is almost as bad, but he benched him anyway.

Its the same reason Chaz/Gates got PT last year, they were the only ones left on the roster. I didn't hear Rex bashing Chaz after any games either and we all know how bad he is.
    Tebow doesn't suck he wasn't given a chance to prove himself.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro will be long gone when he gets in the game. Remember Cro said he was the 2nd best WR on the roster last yr. I think more like 3 , but you get the point

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Chad Chittlins?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schilens is in no position to talk, but he has a good point. The bottom line is Rex ignored failing quarterback play for far too long.

It was absolutely nauseating to hear the weekly "he gives us the best chance to win" reason for the continued starting of a quarterback spiraling further and further out of control each and every week. It was terrible mismanagement on his part. Even if the alternatives were technically worse, a head coach needs to understand when to try to salvage a situation and change things up for the sake of the team and the individual player himself. Sanchez was in a terrible mental state last year, and it continued to get worse with each passing game. Rex needed to pull him at some point in the middle of the season even if only temporary.

Rex's loyalty got in the way of common sense and effective management. He didn't directly blame everyone but the quarterback, but that's what his actions symbolized.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    GFY Glass Schilens....

Maybe if you produced you would still have a job in Florham Park.....
    did you expect him to pass the ball to himself? Get real!