Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105

Thread: Chaz Schillens on 2012 Jets: "they were looking for scapegoats everywhere but QB"

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,738
    Schilens sucks, he shouldn't be talking but he is right. It took Rex till Week 16 to bench Sanchez.

  2. #22
    Makes me feel like this is the "undisclosed source" (if there is one) that Mehta was quoting all last season, talking about how the lockerroom thought Sanchez was so bad, and all that other crap.

    I know I'm probably starting another fire for no reason with that statement, but he obviously resents Sanchez, and the team, and apparently he felt like a scapegoat last year; all things which would make him more likely to let off some steam by releasing anonymous quotes to the media (if you can call Mehta "the media").

    Either way, he may or may not be right about the Jets looking for someone to blame, but in his case, he wasn't a scapegoat, he was the epitome of what was so awful about our team last year: the inconsistent, crappy, underproducing offense, and especially the lack of talent at wide receiver.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,272
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    While i think Schillens is JAG, i dont agree with your view on the coaches making excuses for him.
    I have never, and i mean NEVER heard Rex talk about how Sanchez was beaming with suckage the last 2 seasons. Not saying it hasnt happened, but ive yet to hear any critical remarks on Mark from Rex. Maybe thats the professional approach, but i nearly vomited after hearing week in, week out, how Mark gave the team the best chance to win. Really?

    Certainly Chaz doesnt deserve any sort of pass for his performance last year, but it is definitely a symbiotic relationship. Chaz cant pass the ball to himself.
    I think you're wrong in this. Rex has said over and over again that Sanchez has to protect the ball, that you can't turn it over etc. That you can't win turning it over the way he has.

    Thats as critical as a HC will ever get. Hes never going to sound like one of us and rip a player.

    Always is funny how players who suck, who fall short etc are the ones who whine. Chazz, Gholston, Jenks etc. Woody, Cro, Mangold, Braylon, Moore etc want to retire Jets.

  4. #24
    Who?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Who?
    Gronk's brother from another mother.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,580
    I have no problem with these comments. WR's suffer playing with Sanchez he has yet to get one over 1,000 yards holmes went from top 10 wr to no longer relevant under sanchez. Do anyone think this would be the case with a legit QB.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,946
    Chaz is 100% correct here. But it is nothing we dont already know.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I have no problem with these comments. WR's suffer playing with Sanchez he has yet to get one over 1,000 yards holmes went from top 10 wr to no longer relevant under sanchez. Do anyone think this would be the case with a legit QB.
    If this WR didn't have his usual injury riddled and non productive season he may have a better case. But he sucked the same way he always has sucked.

  9. #29
    The whole offense sucked last year. Injuries, ****ty OC, ****ty players, etc. Sure, Sanchez was a big part of the team sucking balls last year but it's not like Schillens was a bright spot in that offense. He has no business *****ing about the team looking for a scapegoat and then making Sanchez a scapegoat for his own hypocritical suckage.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I have no problem with these comments. WR's suffer playing with Sanchez he has yet to get one over 1,000 yards holmes went from top 10 wr to no longer relevant under sanchez. Do anyone think this would be the case with a legit QB.
    Holmes was Maybe a top 10 #2 receiver, but no chance he was ever a legit #1 let alone a top 10 #
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Schilens sucks, he shouldn't be talking but he is right. It took Rex till Week 16 to bench Sanchez.
    And likely if he has his way will start Sanchez this year regardless what happens in the competition. It is Rex's weakness he does not see the shortcomings of his guys. If the Jets want to succeed they have to start Geno

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I think you're wrong in this. Rex has said over and over again that Sanchez has to protect the ball, that you can't turn it over etc. That you can't win turning it over the way he has.

    Thats as critical as a HC will ever get. Hes never going to sound like one of us and rip a player.

    Always is funny how players who suck, who fall short etc are the ones who whine. Chazz, Gholston, Jenks etc. Woody, Cro, Mangold, Braylon, Moore etc want to retire Jets.
    I understand your point.

    I know no HC would talk negatively of a player. This has nothing to do with Tebow or Gmac, I just thought Rex showed a bit of stubbornness sticking with Sanchez for so long. On a different note, im still confused on why he sat Sanchez the final game......in my book, too little too late. What did sitting Mark in the last game accomplish? Did it formally send a message to Mark that his leash is officially tightened? Not to defend Gmac, but it seems like Mark had to struggle for a year and a half before Rex realized he may not be the QB, but gmac, you get 1 game, and weve seen enough?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,272
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I understand your point.

    I know no HC would talk negatively of a player. This has nothing to do with Tebow or Gmac, I just thought Rex showed a bit of stubbornness sticking with Sanchez for so long. On a different note, im still confused on why he sat Sanchez the final game......in my book, too little too late. What did sitting Mark in the last game accomplish? Did it formally send a message to Mark that his leash is officially tightened? Not to defend Gmac, but it seems like Mark had to struggle for a year and a half before Rex realized he may not be the QB, but gmac, you get 1 game, and weve seen enough?
    Because he thought Sanchez gave him the best chance to win games, especially since they weren't closed out until the TEnn nightmare. . Hes not a fan who imagines Gmac is the next Montana. Watches him practicing and knows hes just a backup. He put him in and proved that Rex was right. Gmac made Sanchez look like Unitas.

    And even if he wanted to play Gmac more than one game, his concussion ended that. No one seems to remember his concussion ended his season
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  14. #34
    Why is Chaz talking?

    And why should any of us give a sh*t?

    He's not a part of the New York Jets anymore. He's Detroit's problem now.

    DUMP this thread.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,272
    His best season was 29 catches in 16 games.
    He caught 28 in 15 games.

    Better than his seasons of 5, 15 or 23 catches.

    No one should blame the QB for his suckage.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    His best season was 29 catches in 16 games.
    He caught 28 in 15 games.

    Better than his seasons of 5, 15 or 23 catches.

    No one should blame the QB for his suckage.
    I'm not even talking bout Chaz cause I know he sucks.. But to write it off like it isn't the truth is kinda weak..

    No Real Wideout would want to play with Sanchez unless this is there only opportunity At Making a team this year IE:Braylon,Winslow.. Do u really think Steve smith is the only WR in the league that feels Sanchez is Garbage?

  17. #37
    Anyone with a brain has known the Qb has been protected and coddled for years. Nothing new. Schillens was and is garbage though and his thoughts are no more luminous than any average fan.

  18. #38
    Would you expect anything less from a Raider. Chaz was given a raw deal so I get his frustration. He pretty much missed camp then was throw out there with a QB he had really never worked with and in a system that he not only never had time to learn but didnt work to his strong points. Chaz was a victim but in many ways he brought in on himself by yet anther injury filled year. He was brought in to be the ready vet and was just never that.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because he thought Sanchez gave him the best chance to win games, especially since they weren't closed out until the TEnn nightmare. . Hes not a fan who imagines Gmac is the next Montana. Watches him practicing and knows hes just a backup. He put him in and proved that Rex was right. Gmac made Sanchez look like Unitas.

    And even if he wanted to play Gmac more than one game, his concussion ended that. No one seems to remember his concussion ended his season
    +1

    Rex wasn't being stubborn. He was legitimately going with the guy who gave them the best chance to live. Tebow couldn't throw and you'd have to change the offense (and retard the progress of the young WRs), and GMac can't make the throws.

    The QB situation was downright pathetic.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    His best season was 29 catches in 16 games.
    He caught 28 in 15 games.

    Better than his seasons of 5, 15 or 23 catches.

    No one should blame the QB for his suckage.
    Ummmm this!!!!

    Unitas couldnt have made him a quality WR last year!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us