Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaz Schillens on 2012 Jets: "they were looking for scapegoats everywhere but QB"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    schillens is not a good/productive player but,..what he said is true.
    vegas has us winning 4 games this year
    i think we may win 5....6 max.
    we easily...EASILY have the worst/least productive O in the nfl
    Seriously.

cheers ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I'm not even talking bout Chaz cause I know he sucks.. But to write it off like it isn't the truth is kinda weak..

No Real Wideout would want to play with Sanchez unless this is there only opportunity At Making a team this year IE:Braylon,Winslow.. Do u really think Steve smith is the only WR in the league that feels Sanchez is Garbage?
    WRs are like any other player, they go whoever pays the most 99% of the time. The rest is bs that fans make up.

Its weak to see that Chaz had his best season ever so to say that his numbers suck because of his QB is nonsense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    schillens is not a good/productive player but,..what he said is true.
    vegas has us winning 4 games this year
    i think we may win 5....6 max.
    we easily...EASILY have the worst/least productive O in the nfl
    Seriously.

cheers ~ ~
    From a guy who makes believe hes a girl.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    well, with a name like Chaz...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    well, with a name like Chaz...

19123d1363451050-excited-selection-sunday-point_over_your_head.jpg

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    And likely if he has his way will start Sanchez this year regardless what happens in the competition. It is Rex's weakness he does not see the shortcomings of his guys. If the Jets want to succeed they have to start Geno
    The built in spin and agenda if Sanchez starts the season.

I love blind Sanchez haters.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Who is Chad Chittlins?
    I believe Blind Melon's son

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're wrong in this. Rex has said over and over again that Sanchez has to protect the ball, that you can't turn it over etc. That you can't win turning it over the way he has.

Thats as critical as a HC will ever get. Hes never going to sound like one of us and rip a player.

Always is funny how players who suck, who fall short etc are the ones who whine. Chazz, Gholston, Jenks etc. Woody, Cro, Mangold, Braylon, Moore etc want to retire Jets.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-the-shots/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    LOL,
    I was not trying to defend Chazzer, just saying, from what i saw last season from Mark, there couldnt have been many WR's in the league that would prosper from that kind of QB play.
    Not to go too OT, but this is leads into my Kerley Under Utilization Theory, or KUUT if you will. This guy is ready for a breakout season, and i fear another year of Sanchez led offense will leave him shriveled by the road like a dried out opossum pelt.
    I think you could easily flip that first statement w/o much of a stretch - There couldn't have been many QB's who would prosper with the wr's the Jets had.

As for Sanchez not being able to utilize Kerley's talents. Its a brand new offense with a proven OC who knows how to 1) use his players to the best of their abiities 2) Actually gameplan to take advantage of the opponents weaknesses. Its no longer Rex beating his chest saying we're a G&P team I dare you to stop us. I expect Kerley to catch a ton passes in the slot this year , almost like a Wes Welker light.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Schilens is in no position to talk, but he has a good point. The bottom line is Rex ignored failing quarterback play for far too long.

It was absolutely nauseating to hear the weekly "he gives us the best chance to win" reason for the continued starting of a quarterback spiraling further and further out of control each and every week. It was terrible mismanagement on his part. Even if the alternatives were technically worse, a head coach needs to understand when to try to salvage a situation and change things up for the sake of the team and the individual player himself. Sanchez was in a terrible mental state last year, and it continued to get worse with each passing game. Rex needed to pull him at some point in the middle of the season even if only temporary.

Rex's loyalty got in the way of common sense and effective management. He didn't directly blame everyone but the quarterback, but that's what his actions symbolized.
    There's blame to be shared,certainly the FO did the Jets no favors with offensive talent and especially a backup QB. I don't think it was a Rex loyalty issue at all, he was stuck because his G&P was not working, he was too stubborn to change the offense to adapt to that , there was no way they were going to totally revamp the O to fit Tebow. Rex was correct , given the situattion they were in Sanchez was the best option. Hopefully, this year there's some light at the end of the tunnel, there appears to be a viable alternative at QB and there certainly is much more hope for offensive gameplans that fit our current skill position players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    A reference for us oldtimers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you're Rex Ryan, a female who thinks Sanchez is cute, or a guy who is a clueless, you know Mark Sanchez is not a franchise QB, hell is not a starting QB, in the NFL. He is not. He is a proven failure unless of course he has a Top 3 D and running game to fall back on, and even then is average at his best.

This is no breaking story, but it's great to hear.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, first Westoff and now Schillens taking shots at Sanchez after leaving the team. Guessing they see what some fans have been saying as well, which is that Sanchez was coddled and holding the team back these last two years if not more. And I think what Chaz is referring to is the team, and there is plausible cause for it, because that contracted really left the Jets with no other choice. It wasn't like they could just dump him, so they pretty much HAD to hold out hope.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Unless you're Rex Ryan, a female who thinks Sanchez is cute, or a guy who is a clueless, you know Mark Sanchez is not a franchise QB, hell is not a starting QB, in the NFL. He is not. He is a proven failure unless of course he has a Top 3 D and running game to fall back on, and even then is average at his best.

This is no breaking story, but it's great to hear.
    Unless you lived in a cave for the past 4 years, you'd be blind not to realize the FO's neglect of offensive talent and Rex's insistence on running his vaunted G&P offense are just as much to blame as the QB.

Sanchez may not be a franchise QB , but he's been the scapegoat for some pretty ****ty mismanagement form the Jets FO and CS.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    when receivers are running the wrong routes dropping balls they have no room to talk period. And while the Sanchez haters will never agree name a better qb on the roster last yr? name one because they all sucked ass last yr.
    From the offensive coordinator to the oline they all sucked. Mark gets a majority of blame fairly or unfairly is the nature of being a qb what I hate is the stupid posters on this and other boards who proclaim to know more then a coach. If you hate the coach/player that much go root for someone else/ somewhere else.
    I just want this team to win

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    when receivers are running the wrong routes dropping balls they have no room to talk period. And while the Sanchez haters will never agree name a better qb on the roster last yr? name one because they all sucked ass last yr.
    From the offensive coordinator to the oline they all sucked. Mark gets a majority of blame fairly or unfairly is the nature of being a qb what I hate is the stupid posters on this and other boards who proclaim to know more then a coach. If you hate the coach/player that much go root for someone else/ somewhere else.
    I just want this team to win
    Good post.

STFU Schillens. You're a JAG who didn't earn your money last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Interesting, first Westoff and now Schillens taking shots at Sanchez after leaving the team. Guessing they see what some fans have been saying as well, which is that Sanchez was coddled and holding the team back these last two years if not more. And I think what Chaz is referring to is the team, and there is plausible cause for it, because that contracted really left the Jets with no other choice. It wasn't like they could just dump him, so they pretty much HAD to hold out hope.

Another fan who repeats the BS spewn by the media

The coddling spin is overplayed, how was he coddled last year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    +1

Rex wasn't being stubborn. He was legitimately going with the guy who gave them the best chance to live. Tebow couldn't throw and you'd have to change the offense (and retard the progress of the young WRs), and GMac can't make the throws.

The QB situation was downright pathetic.
    Agreed.... And how sad. this teams management allowed us to be in a situation where when even we fans saw that Mark may be a problem... We went and got Tebow. mark did give us the best chance, no question.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Another fan who repeats the BS spewn by the media

The coddling spin is overplayed, how was he coddled last year?
    1 Being invited and attending the coaches sons game
    2 Having NO legitimate competition at the position
    3 being given a contract that is for a marquis player