Thread: No offense!!

No offense!!

Look guys, I don't mean to offend any other Jets fans, but if after today, you think Sanchez is better for this team you a crazy!!! remember if it wasn't for Winslow we are talking TWO pick 6s compared to no turnovers and a performance equal to most other teams starters in their first preseason game. check the stats! Peyton manning has almost same numbers Geno did, but comparing the two talent wise just saying lets view this realistic like!

They both did well. I, personally, don't put as much stock in the TD drive since Sanchez was just hitting wide open receivers, so it wasn't like he was just making plays out of nothing. However, aside from the pick 6, he didn't have many mistakes. After the big mistake, he played pretty well.

Yeah I hear where you are coming from, but I guess I am an accountant at heart, because Sanchez has a tab, and he keeps running it up. he hasn't played long enough to have given the other team the ball 62 times!! actually no one has played long enough for that

OMG! I'm OFFENDED!! HOW DARE YOU!!

REPENT!!!

Seriously, though....It's all good.

Now that Geno has experienced his first ever NFL game-action(even if it is preseason), he'll be even more polished in the next game and so forth as he gets more reps....

I agree. I have treated this franchise like family for a long time, including Sanchez. it's just that he is becoming that one family member that no one wants around because of his nasty halitosis glad no offense was taken. lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    OMG! I'm OFFENDED!! HOW DARE YOU!!

REPENT!!!

Seriously, though....It's all good.

Now that Geno has experienced his first ever NFL game-action(even if it is preseason), he'll be even more polished in the next game and so forth as he gets more reps....
    Agreed. It's the first preseason game. Ill wait a little longer before I form an opinion on who should start week one.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Thank you. It is Preseason game one. Step away from the panic buttons

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They both did well. I, personally, don't put as much stock in the TD drive since Sanchez was just hitting wide open receivers, so it wasn't like he was just making plays out of nothing. However, aside from the pick 6, he didn't have many mistakes. After the big mistake, he played pretty well.
    he nearly had another pick on the second drive. so after he threw a pick 6, which is brutally unacceptable, he threw another crappy pass that probably should have been picked - in his own territory. i just don't see how this guy should start anymore. the new offensive coaches loathe it, and his teammates will ultimately mutiny against the coaches if they continue to start a qb who keeps throwing picks. i don't get how he keeps throwing it up for grabs within 5 yards of the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by KOZ57 View Post
    Thank you. It is Preseason game one. Step away from the panic buttons
    JETS fans are born with PANIC buttons surgically grafted to their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he nearly had another pick on the second drive ... he threw another crappy pass that probably should have been picked -
    Did not realize the game had turn into Horshoes and Hand Grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    it is in the nfl. the next team may turn that other pass into a pick 6. good qbs don't keep throwing screen passes that are essentially jump balls. some get picked, some nearly get picked. neither was completed. starting caliber nfl qbs can make this throw with regularity. the lack of improvement and mental awareness in year 5 is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This comment is a bit disingenuous. He made a few completions through windows. I recall one where Gates was coming through a zone and Mark made a nice throw through 2 defenders underneath and one on top. Also how about the Winslow out route where he put it on the numbers and it allowed Kellen to turn upfield for like 30 yards.

That pick 6 was ugly...UGLY.. and only brought back horrible flashbacks of some of his heart wrenching moments over the last few years. That said I think he bounced back well. I don't know if we ever really saw that. I liked his on field interview after he was done. He had the attitude I've been wanting to see for years which was like (paraphrasing) "Yea it was a **** throw...so what I've been through worse." Then went on to compliment his teammates. He needs to have an IDGAF attitude, especially this season because people are chomping at the bit to throw him under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've always wondered about this....

I mean....Horseshoes, I can understand.

But what kind of game is played with Hand Grenades?

Quote Originally Posted by Sack Exchange View Post
    Look guys, I don't mean to offend any other Jets fans, but if after today, you think Sanchez is better for this team you a crazy!!! remember if it wasn't for Winslow we are talking TWO pick 6s compared to no turnovers and a performance equal to most other teams starters in their first preseason game. check the stats! Peyton manning has almost same numbers Geno did, but comparing the two talent wise just saying lets view this realistic like!
    What did Geno Smith do that makes you think that he should start game 1?
    Yes the pick Sanchez through was awful. and yes there was another near pick. But aside from those two throws Mark looked good. geno Smith had good velocity but thats about all. He also seems to be locked in on his receivers. Smith is not ready