Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    I thought all evidence was taken from Hank's. Didn't Hank "unofficially" interview Jesse? The deal is dead and nonexistent since the two agents are dead. I don't think the DEA was akin to the evidence Hank had, as he was forced to back off the case. Jesse is a free bird.
    The skinheads have the tape, which you think would now be in the DEA's hands, but as long as the cops did not run into Jesse on their way to the scene, he is a free man.

You can come up with a million what if's, but I am beyond satisfied with the ending, unlike the Sopranos. Dont stop believing!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Um, he was only one of the biggest meth cooks in the world. also he murdered a few people. and then there's the IRS. In real life Jesse would never walk.
    Pretty sure naturally blue 98% pure meth cooked in a trailer is a fiction as well, so from that standpoint, you're right, we've all wasted our time on this.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    As someone that they have no proof of direct involvement, and some (admittedly weak) exonerating evidence, I would think Skykar could easily avoid jail time by trading the whereabouts of 2 dead agents.

What's Jesse going to jail for? He cooperated, led them to Walt and recorded his testimony for them. Whatever deal he had, I would think, would stick. Besides, they probably think he's dead.

Saul is gone.
    Agree Saul is gone. I'm assuming Jesse just goes away.

But, I disagree on Skylar. The loose ends being "tied-up" around her and the Schwartz money transfer are incredibly shaky. No way that irrevocable trust transaction doesn't get scrutinized by the Feds. And no way Skylar gets away scot free because she hands the DEA the whereabouts of the two bodies. If anything, it raises suspicion even further.

Per the story, WW became the most wanted man in America. There is no chance that his wife evades scrutiny by playing dumb. As for evidence, in light of what we know about NSA (in real life), she's screwed.

All League
    Pretty sure naturally blue 98% pure meth cooked in a trailer is a fiction as well, so from that standpoint, you're right, we've all wasted our time on this.
    Common that's not what I was saying. Don't get me wrong, I thought the ending was GREAT. The more I think about it, the more I think it would have been very hard to do any better. I just think it too much of a stretch, no matter how much you want to imagine a "happy" ending for some of the characters, to believe that in some imagined episode 17 the feds would decide that with Walt dead all was copacetic and, like the dead drummer in Spinal Tap, Jesse and Skylar are "best not looked into."

Here's a question for the the Breaking Bad fans who had had enough of Walt...in the last episode, did he achieve any measure of redemption in your eyes?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Common that's not what I was saying. Don't get me wrong, I thought the ending was GREAT. The more I think about it, the more I think it would have been very hard to do any better.
    Agreed.

Veteran
    LOL

Im a big fan of sarcasm.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Would Mike Brady, recently divorced and with 3 sons already, really marry a head-strong blonde with 3 girls in tow? That really makes no sense at all?

Jets Insider VIP
    Common that's not what I was saying. Don't get me wrong, I thought the ending was GREAT. The more I think about it, the more I think it would have been very hard to do any better. I just think it too much of a stretch, no matter how much you want to imagine a "happy" ending for some of the characters, to believe that in some imagined episode 17 the feds would decide that with Walt dead all was copacetic and, like the dead drummer in Spinal Tap, Jesse and Skylar are "best not looked into."

Here's a question for the the Breaking Bad fans who had had enough of Walt...in the last episode, did he achieve any measure of redemption in your eyes?
    that clearly was the best use of a Caddy, EVER.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    Would Mike Brady, recently divorced and with 3 sons already, really marry a head-strong blonde with 3 girls in tow? That really makes no sense at all?
    jackass.

If you're going for and/or accepting accolade of greatest show ever and smartest show on television, you can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 10-01-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    jackass.

If you're going for and/or accepting accolade of greatest show ever and smartest show on television, you can't have it both ways.
    Does "greatest show ever and smartest show on television" require perfect adherence to reality or does it just require that it allows us to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy a well executed story with good characters and story? If I wanted adherence to reality I would watch a documentary. I thought the ending was great and right in line with the way the Breaking Bad universe worked for WW. Over thinking the tiny details is crazy. It was entertaining throughout and kept you waiting for the next episode for 5 seasons. All in all there was really only 1 clunker episode (the fly) in 5 seasons and even that wasn't awful. Sounds like success to me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Does "greatest show ever and smartest show on television" require perfect adherence to reality or does it just require that it allows us to suspend disbelief enough to enjoy a well executed story with good characters and story? If I wanted adherence to reality I would watch a documentary. I thought the ending was great and right in line with the way the Breaking Bad universe worked for WW. Over thinking the tiny details is crazy. It was entertaining throughout and kept you waiting for the next episode for 5 seasons. All in all there was really only 1 clunker episode (the fly) in 5 seasons and even that wasn't awful. Sounds like success to me.
    To answer your question. Yes.

I just read this "dream theory" article on the finale that tries to explain why the precision and detail that was the hallmark of the show seemed to be dissapate at the end.

Not saying I buy it, but it would certainly address some of the issues raised. It's a fun theory.

(And please, if you don't like to analyze TV, do yourself a favor and don't click the link and read it.)

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-reviewed.html

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just read this "dream theory" article on the finale that tries to explain why the precision and detail that was the hallmark of the show seemed to be dissapate at the end.

Not saying I buy it, but it would certainly address some of the issues raised. It's a fun theory.

(And please, if you don't like to analyze TV, do yourself a favor and don't click the link and read it.)

Name one great tv show or movie that does actually hold up the to scrutiny of realistic reality

All League
    Name one great tv show or movie that does actually hold up the to scrutiny of realistic reality
    Buttman's Big Adventure
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 10-02-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

I like seeing other peoples thoughts on a show but I just think criticizing to the point of questioning the size and angle of people's shadows at the longitude and latitude, date and time that the scene was taking place in might have been an inch too short might be a little over the top.

Seriously though I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to discuss my thoughts in this thread. "Precision and detail that was the hallmark of the show"?!?! Which part, the constant unlikely circumstances that allowed Walt to get away with everything? It was a great show. It was entertaining. Brian Cranston was amazing in it. I don't think it was all that realistic is all.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow... you guys sound like some bltches arguing over this ridiculousness!

A lot of people liked the series. Many people including actors and those in show business express their OPINION that it's the "greatest show in the history of tv"
    Who cares?! People like it better than The Sopranos.
    Get over it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's less about realistic reality and more about upholding the reality that was previously constructed. Te Wire and The Sopranos obviously were fictional constructs, but it never felt contrived. Things happened, like in life. Messy and imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post

Seriously though I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to discuss my thoughts in this thread. "Precision and detail that was the hallmark of the show"?!?! Which part, the constant unlikely circumstances that allowed Walt to get away with everything? It was a great show. It was entertaining. Brian Cranston was amazing in it. I don't think it was all that realistic is all.
    In BB, every action had a consequence. With the exception of the finale. I think that is the thing some people take issue with. WW's plan in the return to NM had maybe a 7% shot at working out. From the financial transfer to the massacre. Everything fell into place. The rest of the series didn't feel like that to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's less about realistic reality and more about upholding the reality that was previously constructed. Te Wire and The Sopranos obviously were fictional constructs, but it never felt contrived. Things happened, like in life. Messy and imperfect.
    When Tony Soprano was in purgatory, that seemed hardly contrived, huh?

Real life is not interesting enough to be portrayed on television and last. Nothing worth its salt passes the reality litmus test.

They had to wrap up a multitude of arcs in 60 minutes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Leave it to JI. Only this place could make Breaking Bad not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Leave it to JI. Only this place could make Breaking Bad not fun.
    i know, right?
    Next we'll hear Pinkman got pulled over for speeding on way out of compound resulting in him being implicated with murders.
    Sent to prison, gets raped, everyone calls him "*****"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

When Tony Soprano was in purgatory, that seemed hardly contrived, huh?

Real life is not interesting enough to be portrayed on television and last. Nothing worth its salt passes the reality litmus test.

They had to wrap up a multitude of arcs in 60 minutes.
    Give me a break. That's a false comparison.

BB actually had an entire two part season to wrap up a multitude of arcs. They didn't HAVE to wrap it up in 60 minutes, they chose to.