Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Breaking Bad

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you wrap it up in parts, it kind of takes the luster off the finale.

Whatever became of Silvio in the Sopranos, they did not really wrap that up.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Buttman's Big Adventure
    It was the stories, within the stories, that made me a lifetime fan.

That, and the hours of buttcheeks slapping.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Norm McDonald is really going down the wormhole on the "Walt Dying in N.H." theory. Check out his Twitter timeline, if such things interest you.

@normmacdonald

Jets Insider VIP
    Decided to check out what the fuss was all about, and just finished a 2 month binge.

That. Was. Awesome.

One of the rare tv series which got better season after season. Some great characters with real evolutions (Walt, Jesse, Skyler, Hank...) and some great acting.

I'd have a hard time ranking a top 3 between Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    If you wrap it up in parts, it kind of takes the luster off the finale.

Whatever became of Silvio in the Sopranos, they did not really wrap that up.
    He went back to being the lame overrated guitarist in the lame overrated E street band.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Decided to check out what the fuss was all about, and just finished a 2 month binge.

That. Was. Awesome.

One of the rare tv series which got better season after season. Some great characters with real evolutions (Walt, Jesse, Skyler, Hank...) and some great acting.

I'd have a hard time ranking a top 3 between Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad.
    Agree, watta great effin show. Bryan Cranston the best. A spin off with Saul is in the works, however it takes place before he meets Walter.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

That. Was. Awesome.

Great Indeed

Now, you want another great series? One that is up there but never really "caught on"? 6 Feet Under.....get it. Trust me. First episode will hook ya

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Great Indeed

Now, you want another great series? One that is up there but never really "caught on"? 6 Feet Under.....get it. Trust me. First episode will hook ya
    6 Feet Under made it over the Atlantic and had a lot of success here. It was on cable channels whereas BB hasn't made it there yet. I agree, very watchable series and great acting as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Finally gave in and started watching this show a few months ago. All the hype had me wondering what I was missing. I am about midway through Season 4. First 2 seasons were meh. Season 3 was good and Season 4 has been the best IMO thus far. Hopefully it ends on a high note.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm 10 episodes in. Really good but not mind-blowing IMO

I think the allure to that show was the week between episodes when I reflected upon past episode and the characters, considering possibilities for next week.
    IMO blowing through episodes on Netflix does it somewhat of an injustice and detracts from how well-developed the characters were.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    I think the allure to that show was the week between episodes when I reflected upon past episode and the characters, considering possibilities for next week.
    IMO blowing through episodes on Netflix does it somewhat of an injustice and detracts from how well-developed the characters were.
    I watched the first two seasons marathon style and the rest of it week to week. I prefer marathon style, but there are merits and drawbacks to both.

Buzz - As for BB, my favorite season was the first. If you're not all in after season 1, I don't think it will live up to your expectations, imo.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    I am not really blowing through it. The most episodes I have watched in a single day was 2 and I rarely watch it on back-to-back days. There are some really good characters but the way people talked about the show I was expecting it to easily become a Top 5 for me. Season 3 and 4 have been pretty good. IMO the show has gotten better as it has progressed which is rare for me b.c usually I feel the first couple of seasons of most shows are the best.

I am not trying to knock it but I think whenever you hear about how great something is for so long there is a chance that it won't live up to the expectations.