Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just started watching this show on netflicks recently, I'm a couple episode into the second season. I'm actually a little surprised to hear people saying things like "greatest show of all time". It's certainly good enough to keep me interested but to this point I definitely feel its a show I can't stop watching. Usually when I get hooked on a series that's been out awhile but I just started watching I'll fly through seasons in a matter of days. After a couple episodes of BB I usually give it a break.

So I'm a little surprised to hear the hype people are giving this show, I just don't see it so far. Can anyone tell me if the show gets better as it goes on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I disagree with the supporting cast. Not to mention that there were easily over 50 characters in the Sopranos, whereas Breaking Bad focuses around a very small amount of characters.

But its cool though, there both great for different reasons. I just prefer the Sopranos, and think it was far more consistent, character driven, humorous, and realistic.
    I remember being angry at myself for still watching the Sopranos after episodes, if I saw Tony with the shrink one more time I was going to throw the remote through the t.v. BB doesn't have those ridiculous lulls, the main characters are awesome, Walter White = Tony Soprano and Jesse = Christopher. BB on HBO probably would of had more characters because of the extra 15-20 minutes per episode and boobs!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad is a great show. It's not better than The Wire or Mad Men, but it's certainly up there.

The first season was the masterpiece in my opinion. The transformation, for all intents and purposes, happened then. The subsequent seasons have been great fun, but to me, all the meat and potatoes were served in that first season's story arc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Breaking Bad is a great show. It's not better than The Wire or Mad Men, but it's certainly up there.

The first season was the masterpiece in my opinion. The transformation, for all intents and purposes, happened then. The subsequent seasons have been great fun, but to me, all the meat and potatoes were served in that first season's story arc.
    Outside of the fact that I never understood any of the fuss about Mad Men, I agree completely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outside of the fact that I never understood any of the fuss about Mad Men, I agree completely.
    I have not watched Mad Men, is it worth watching?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I have not watched Mad Men, is it worth watching?
    I watched the first two seasons. Just couldn't get into it. Other people love it though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the first two seasons. Just couldn't get into it. Other people love it though.
    It's no Shameless then!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I would hope you didn't get it; they are very true to the world as it existed at that time. The Miracle Mets, the Moon Walk, Kennedys; MLK, Bob Dylan, and the Pepsi Generation.

When you get older you can watch period pieces about Obama and the arrival of NickToons.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

Is it on Netflix or can you watch the older seasons on HBO On-Demand / archives?
    Netflix for sure. Try IFC channel for on demand if you get it, they ran 1st 3 seasons starting this past spring on Monday nights.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree with the supporting cast. Not to mention that there were easily over 50 characters in the Sopranos, whereas Breaking Bad focuses around a very small amount of characters.

But its cool though, there both great for different reasons. I just prefer the Sopranos, and think it was far more consistent, character driven, humorous, and realistic.
    Last thing I'll say about this comparison is that I've never finished a BB episode and felt disappointed. There were more than a handful of clunker episodes of the Sopranos.

Regardless of personal preference though, I think it speaks volumes that we can even have the conversation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    is it just me or did that episode suck? they could have done better after taking like a year off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sopranos is the best cast and written show of all time...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    is it just me or did that episode suck? they could have done better after taking like a year off.
    Hell no. They answered nothing, Walt lied to Jessie, AGAIN, Walt knows about Hank, Hank knows about Walt - the threat, 5 million dollars thrown out in the street, and the blueberry eating contest in Star Trek.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad is better than the Sopranos and IMO the best TV show of all time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I go back and forth on whether I'd nail Anna Gunn. She's a big woman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I go back and forth on whether I'd nail Anna Gunn. She's a big woman.
    Just got the netflix last week, and truth be told i like them a lil plump. Now im gonna have to watch.
    Not overly plump, but proper cuddle material in the winter months. The bigger ones can tend to be more jolly, have you noticed?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I meant she's tall.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice episode recap on Grantland.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...th-blood-money

Should be an interesting last 7 episodes. Only annoyance is that (for me) the best antagonists the show has produced have been killed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I meant she's tall.
    Thats what i meant by plump.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

Is it on Netflix or can you watch the older seasons on HBO On-Demand / archives?
    All of the episodes up until these final 8 are on Netflix.
    I actually didn't start watching it until maybe the end of the first half of this season, but got into it after hearing everyone talking about it.
    I went through all of the series pretty quickly.
    DEFINITELY watch it from the beginning. GREAT show!
    There's some moments that will blow your mind