Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The series finally should have been when he blew up Gus. That episode would have been the perfect ending IMO... Walt talking to his wife on the phone, her saying "did you do this?", Zooming in on the plant in Walt's yard. Perfect.

I hate that Jesse has turned into an annoying character now. The whole throwing money away thing is dumb.
    To me it shows that Jesse is growing into a civilized adult with a conscience while Walt has become a remorseless villain while in the beginning Walt was just doing it for his family while Jesse was a punk kid. There have been many scenes that showed Jesse's growth as a person, how he cared for the girl and her kid, how he hates how he was a part of the kids murder in the train episode, even when he talks about things he learned in rehab. The 2 characters show the struggle between good and evil and they are basically the same person from 2 different perspectives. There is also some social commentary about how the white guy in the suburbs is as bad or worse than the druggy and that given opportunity to do bad many would take it and if the druggy was given opportunity he may better himself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If you mean the first 2 episodes of the series season not the series then this isn't the series for you. I started watching BB a few weeks ago. Watched them in order on Netflix so I never had to deal with the time off and now I am caught up for the final 8. I really enjoyed the show. Definitely in my top 10.

Sopranos had many bland, dull WTF episodes. It was a really good show but it had many faults.

As for Mad Men, I tried watching it and fell asleep. Tried again, got through the first 2 episodes and was so bored I never went back. I don't get the hype on that one.
    glad you started watching 2 weeks ago, ive been watching from the start and although this series is "for me", the episodes the last 2 weeks have been a letdown based on the hype they built around these final 8 episodes. Tell me what was good in the first episode 2 weeks ago aside from the last 7 minutes...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    glad you started watching 2 weeks ago, ive been watching from the start and although this series is "for me", the episodes the last 2 weeks have been a letdown based on the hype they built around these final 8 episodes. Tell me what was good in the first episode 2 weeks ago aside from the last 7 minutes...
    As I said I thought you meant the FIRST 2 episodes not the first 2 of this half of the season. The first episode of the final 8 built the storyline for the final 8. Hank dealing with the fact that Walt is Heisenberg, Walt seeming like he is going to go back to a normal life until he realizes that Hank knows, etc. It was a good episode.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i thought the season opener was fantastic.

The 2nd one was so-so. I did not like how dumb and desperate hank has become.

The series indeed could have ended well with the last finale when the chicken guy gets blown up but Im glad there is one more

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Tell me what was good in the first episode 2 weeks ago aside from the last 7 minutes...

The opening scene flash forward was brilliant. Hank discovering the book was really good. The confrontation at the end was again brilliant.

what more do you want? a young boy massaging your feet while you watch?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    The opening scene flash forward was brilliant. Hank discovering the book was really good. The confrontation at the end was again brilliant.

what more do you want? a young boy massaging your feet while you watch?
    That happened in the final episode of 5a.
    They simply recapped it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People want action in a drama. Breaking Bad is a drama, like all these other shows. Walking Dead is a drama. I think Walking Dead is dumb, but it's fun to watch because it's zombies.

The writing in Breaking Bad is head and shoulders above so many shows. If people can't see past the slow parts, which all mean something the longer you watch, then you're not paying attention.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best show on TV ... By far !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ruby!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    Hey Ruby!!!

LOL nailed it. They need to encorporate his gay lover Luis in there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently, I'm on Season 3 Ep 7 . The show is awesome!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Currently, I'm on Season 3 Ep 7 . The show is awesome!
    The scene in Tuco's office was the SHYT!!!

One of the most badass scenes ever!

"This is NOT Meth"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walter White is a genius.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone fill me in on how jesse just pieces together that Walt poisoned Brock? My recollection of that whole saga is a a bit fuzzy. Tia.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on how jesse just pieces together that Walt poisoned Brock? My recollection of that whole saga is a a bit fuzzy. Tia.
    Spoiler (highlight to read):

Huell picked his pocket for the ricin cigarette back in one of the earlier episodes. Huell picked his pocket for the dope, and Jesse realized that Huell did it the first time as well, instead of Walt lying to him 100 times about it. Saul says at one point "I don't know how Huell didn't break the vial" or something like that when Saul gave the ricin back to Walt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John but didnt Walt poison Brock with the flower thing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Thanks John but didnt Walt poison Brock with the flower thing?
    Nobody knows about the flower thing except Walt. He did it to say Gus poisoned him. That's implied, by the way. And Walt lied a hundred times about it, and Jesse just got a confession out of Saul.

I have to watch some of the episodes again, but it's something like that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post

As for Mad Men, I tried watching it and fell asleep. Tried again, got through the first 2 episodes and was so bored I never went back. I don't get the hype on that one.
    You have to power through the first half of the first season of Mad Men. I think it is one of the greatest shows in TV history, but agree with your assessment of its beginning. In fact, I bailed out of it when the first season originally aired and went back to it a few years later after the hype really started. It gets much better.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night was a pretty solid episode. The guacamole scene and the video tape "confession" was quality TV. But that said, I really wish they just get to the punch line already.

PS: I hate the Jesse character. He's the weak link of the series. I know what they are trying to do with his story arc "reverse Walt", but give me a break. I don't buy any of his "breaking good" nonsense...