Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost 20 Pounds In 60 Days B****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Lost 20 Pounds In 60 Days B****es!!!

No diet, just lots of exercise.

No longer a fat bastard!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Believe me now?

All League
    Nice chin strap Chazfire

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Believe me now?

No fair, you used hormone therapy!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Believe me now?

So much win lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I lost 20 lbs. playing golf today.

Did you celebrate with a cupcake bath?

:FATalien:

-

Veteran
    In month 3 now of Diet, down from 254 to 220 this morning. keep up good work, feels great dropping the wt.

All Pro
    The holidays will be here before you know it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Nice chin strap Chazfire
    The (formally) chicks dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

No fair, you used hormone therapy!!!
    My trainer Chaz swears by them... says she feels like a new man.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I lost 20 lbs. playing golf today.

Did you celebrate with a cupcake bath?

:FATalien:

-
    No cupcake bath but I did spend the day on a golf course... as I do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    In month 3 now of Diet, down from 254 to 220 this morning. keep up good work, feels great dropping the wt.
    Congrats. Losing the weight has been great and I have lots more energy now.

I'm not on a diet. Diets have beginnings and ends. That caused me to gain e weight back. I just changed my eating habits a little and started exercising a lot.

I got a device called a fitbit. Basically it's a pedometer and it tracks calories burned. I realized that I had because a lazy fat bastard and needed to get moving. The fitbit syncs wirelessly to the computer and stores all of the info.

My exercise is mostly walking and fortunately I can do a lot of it at work. I have averaged walking about 12 miles a day. Then I have been tracking my calories on the fitbit website. Getting started with that was a little bit of a pain in the ass but once I got most of my foods stored, it became very easy. I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calorie range. I'm always way under that range so I am never hungry and if I am, I eat.

I haven't been eating diet food. I've been having steak, pasta, pizza, sausage & peppers, hot dogs, chicken, fajitas or whatever. But instead of going for the third slice of pizza, I just have two.

And I drink a lot of water every day because dehydration makes you want to eat. By drinking about 48 oz of water every day, I find that I'm not hungry.

I was 253 a few years back and got down to 208 but went back up to 229. I am 209 now and my goal was 208 again but now I plan to see if I can get below 200, which I haven't been since my older son was an infant back in the late 80s.

Believe me now?

LMAO

I'm not on a diet. Diets have beginnings and ends. That caused me to gain e weight back. I just changed my eating habits a little and started exercising a lot.

I got a device called a fitbit. Basically it's a pedometer and it tracks calories burned. I realized that I had because a lazy fat bastard and needed to get moving. The fitbit syncs wirelessly to the computer and stores all of the info.

My exercise is mostly walking and fortunately I can do a lot of it at work. I have averaged walking about 12 miles a day. Then I have been tracking my calories on the fitbit website. Getting started with that was a little bit of a pain in the ass but once I got most of my foods stored, it became very easy. I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my calorie range. I'm always way under that range so I am never hungry and if I am, I eat.

I haven't been eating diet food. I've been having steak, pasta, pizza, sausage & peppers, hot dogs, chicken, fajitas or whatever. But instead of going for the third slice of pizza, I just have two.

And I drink a lot of water every day because dehydration makes you want to eat. By drinking about 48 oz of water every day, I find that I'm not hungry.

I was 253 a few years back and got down to 208 but went back up to 229. I am 209 now and my goal was 208 again but now I plan to see if I can get below 200, which I haven't been since my older son was an infant back in the late 80s.
    Not to get all serious in the hampur but that's the way to do it - track calories in and out, and there's a ton of sites and apps to use for that. Just eat a little less and move around a little more. And youre spot on about the water - Ive been trying to drink a ridiculous amount of water each day this summer - downside is having to piss all the time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Great job Cross. What's your calorie range?

Jets Insider VIP

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Congrats!!! I took a similar path years ago and haven't looked back since.

That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The holidays will be here before you know it.
    This. I will invariably gain the requisite 10 pounds, regardless of my eating lifestyle for the rest of the year. The good thing for me is it tends to be about 50% water weight that I just have trouble shedding due to the cooler weather.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

congrats cross...I'm attacking my weight head on as well, I'm signed up with a nutritionist & trainer at a local gym and will begin in full next week when I return from vacation. As a jump start I've cut my caloric intake to around 1600/day and the pounds are falling off quickly. I'll let you guys know when any significant milestones are reached...so far 8 lbs in a week

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Great job Cross. What's your calorie range?
    I have been eating basically between 1,800 & 2,100 calories a day and I've been burning an average of about 3,800 calories a day. My calorie burn goal for the day is 3,048 calories but the more I burn, the faster the weight has dropped.

I eat any food I want, I just count the calories. It helps that my wife has been doing it too. Of course, she wanted to lose a whole 4 pounds... which for me is a good dump.

It does help that she cooks for me every day and does some of the counting for me but I do a lot of it myself. And once the foods are saved on the website, it's easy to keep track of them by just easily changing the amounts eaten.

The fitbit cost anywhere from $40 to $50 and it's a one time cost. It's all free after that to use the website and that tracks steps, miles walked, calories eaten, calories burned and things like fat, protein, carbs, sodium etc.

I have walked anywhere from 8 miles in a day to 26 miles. But I am averaging just over 12 miles a day for two months.

When I hit my goal weight, I basically have to burn as many calories as I eat.

It feels good to feel thin again and fit into clothes that I couldn't wear and now I don't feel like a fat bastard at the beach or pool anymore.

Now I'm just a bastard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    congrats cross...I'm attacking my weight head on as well, I'm signed up with a nutritionist & trainer at a local gym and will begin in full next week when I return from vacation. As a jump start I've cut my caloric intake to around 1600/day and the pounds are falling off quickly. I'll let you guys know when any significant milestones are reached...so far 8 lbs in a week
    8 pounds in a week is awesome. I have had a few days at 1600 calories eaten but I average 1,800 a day. Keep it up.

As for the holidays mentioned before, that's always tough. Our goal is to enjoy the parties, stay away from the snacking as much as possible and save the calories for the booze and meal. Then just get back on track the next day and maybe throw in a bit more exercise. We like to go to restaurants and today we are going to lunch and I am having fajitas with sour cream and a couple of vodka drinks. Then by the end of the day, maybe I will walk an extra couple of miles to burn some of the calories.

I'm fortunate because I can walk at work and I already did 5 miles today. I hate treadmills. They bore me. But walking on the golf course is relaxing and the miles pile up fast.

Veteran

I hear ya with the exercise, without the routine once the dieting is over the wt is certainly coming back. I have started some running with my son and I am heavily involved in the local Little League hear in Florida and we start back up Monday. Between three morning of cardio at the Gym and three evenings on the fld I am thinking I will be ok. I am looking to get to 185-190. good luck and keep it up.

Awesome stuff. Started two weeks ago, down 9llbs...simply lots of exercise, mandatory 5 liters of water (literally mandatory...I don't eat unless I chug a liter of water beforehand, and I eat 5 times a day), and no alcohol or junk food except for saturdays. No crazy diets or fad cleanses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    One of my clients is a weight loss center. I am 6-0, 185. I stood on a computer scale and it stated that someone my size burns 1600 calories a day simply sitting. That said... , a 1600 calorie a day diet seems pretty severe. Dont you get hungry etc...