Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lost 20 Pounds In 60 Days B****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I heard FF2 put on 42 lbs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Ooof, that was cold.

Funny, but cold nonetheless.

Nice going, Cross! Next up is the trick of keeping it off during the winter months, complete with fat-inducing Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Awesome job, cross. Keep it up. I gotta ask - two nanners a day isn't constipating you? Cuz they bind me up something awful.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

Nice going, Cross! Next up is the trick of keeping it off during the winter months, complete with fat-inducing Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Super Bowl.
    LOL, indeed. I always pig out on TG, no exceptions!

I knew a guy worked out 5 days a week, stuck to a strict diet (high protein, low cal) 6 days a week. On Sunday, he would eat whatever he wanted. Even like the entire 1 lb bag of M&Ms. Just one day a week. The other 6 days, stuck to the diet, no exceptions, then gorged on the seventh. Dude was in fantastic shape.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Awesome job, cross. Keep it up. I gotta ask - two nanners a day isn't constipating you? Cuz they bind me up something awful.

Not sure that I have ever been constipated in my life. I can probably pretty accurately tell you when I am going to take a dump next Thursday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    LOL, indeed. I always pig out on TG, no exceptions!

I knew a guy worked out 5 days a week, stuck to a strict diet (high protein, low cal) 6 days a week. On Sunday, he would eat whatever he wanted. Even like the entire 1 lb bag of M&Ms. Just one day a week. The other 6 days, stuck to the diet, no exceptions, then gorged on the seventh. Dude was in fantastic shape.

I plan to feast on Thanksgiving. I will stay away from most of the chips and dips though and I won't be going back for thirds like I always used to. Then the next day, like your friend, I will get right back to proper eating. If you deny yourself the pleasure of eating, eventually you will binge eat. At least I know I would. I eat any food I want, including ice cream and cookies. I just do it in moderation. I literally log every bit of food I eat. I know the calories that I eat and what I burn. Logging the food is a bit of a pain in the ass at the beginning but after the info is saved, it becomes easier and easier to do.

This past Sunday, I went out to eat and had several vodka/7s, buffalo wings and a big burger with sauteed onions and cheese and some but not all of my fries. But I got right back to portion control the next day. Weighed myself 2 days later and I was down a pound from the week before.

Ultimately, I am going to try to eat this way for the rest of my life. I'm pretty used to it at this point and it's pretty easy now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Quick update on my weight loss B****es!!!

Back on August 13th, I posted that I had lost 20 pounds and was down to 209.

Since then I have still been eating right and exercising every day and I am down 42 pounds in 118 days and now weigh 187. I bought a pair of pants today with a 32" waist. I haven't worn a 32 waist in about 25 years.
    Wow. Nice job.

How do you feel?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Since then I have still been eating right and exercising every day and I am down 42 pounds in 118 days and now weigh 187. I bought a pair of pants today with a 32" waist. I haven't worn a 32 waist in about 25 years.
    That's terrific good for you!

I've dropped 23 in 7 weeks... changed my eating habits (I now take human bites) pretty much just eating whole foods nothing processed and hit the gym a couple of times per week.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. Nice job.

How do you feel?
    I feel great. Carrying an extra 40+ pounds all day isn't easy. Plus for the first time in many years, I actually look like I am in great shape and that feels good too. And my wife has never seen me in shape... EVER! She is thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    That's terrific good for you!

I've dropped 23 in 7 weeks... changed my eating habits (I now take human bites) pretty much just eating whole foods nothing processed and hit the gym a couple of times per week.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4
    Excellent. It's a life change and once you buy into it, it's not that bad. The object is to keep it up and that is my goal. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I completely revamped my diet and I've been exercising 5 days a week.

Total weight loss : ZERO.

True story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I completely revamped my diet and I've been exercising 5 days a week.

Total weight loss : ZERO.

True story.
    I have bought into logging my food. The fitbit logs all of my steps and calories burned wirelessly to my computer and phone. By logging my food... all of it... I can see how many calories that I have eaten and how many I have burned. Weight Watchers has their own version of the fitbit but you have to pay a monthly fee and with the fitbit you don't. Ultimately losing weight is like a math equation. You have to burn more than you eat and there really isn't any way to know how much you've eaten unless you log it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    What the French Toast?
    Poli probably actually could transmit the bug the the interwebz. From now on, I'm wearing a condom when I enter the Hampur.

Hall Of Fame
    I feel great. Carrying an extra 40+ pounds all day isn't easy. Plus for the first time in many years, I actually look like I am in great shape and that feels good too. And my wife has never seen me in shape... EVER! She is thrilled.
    Good for you. I hope she is rewarding you.

I have bought into logging my food. The fitbit logs all of my steps and calories burned wirelessly to my computer and phone. By logging my food... all of it... I can see how many calories that I have eaten and how many I have burned. Weight Watchers has their own version of the fitbit but you have to pay a monthly fee and with the fitbit you don't. Ultimately losing weight is like a math equation. You have to burn more than you eat and there really isn't any way to know how much you've eaten unless you log it.

Good luck.
    i have the fit bit, the scale, and use myfitnesspal for food logging.

the fitbit wrist band tracks calories, steps, etc...
    the scale automaticaly syncs my weight, BMI, etc...
    myfitnesspal automaticaly syncs with fitbit dashboard in terms of calories consumed

everything is automatic, and everything is up. the only thing i manualy add is the food.

10-9-2013 11-12-43 AM.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Good for you. I hope she is rewarding you.
    My wife has always been good to me. Since she never saw me like this, she is totally blown away by it. She compliments me constantly and said she seriously never thought I would or could do this. She said she thought I looked good 20 pounds ago and says she can't believe how great I look now. That's nice to get such a big ego boost from my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i have the fit bit, the scale, and use myfitnesspal for food logging.

the fitbit wrist band tracks calories, steps, etc...
    the scale automaticaly syncs my weight, BMI, etc...
    myfitnesspal automaticaly syncs with fitbit dashboard in terms of calories consumed

everything is automatic, and everything is up. the only thing i manualy add is the food.

10-9-2013 11-12-43 AM.jpg
    Exactly. It's pretty east when you get used to it. My wife uses sparkpeople and had recipes and foods logged there. So she and I linked to that the same way you can link to myfitnesspal. My wife started using the fitbit to lose 5 pounds. She lost that long ago but still logs all of her food and uses the fitbit.

Veteran
    He's right about burning 1,600 calories a day just sitting. Unfortunately a lot of people sit on their ass all day at work and then go home and sit on their ass all of the rest of the day. I know that I sure as hell wasn't getting a lot of exercise.

1,600 calories isn't a lot but depending on what you eat, it can certainly be sufficient to keep you from being hungry. I usually eat about 1,800 calories a day. I avoid eating too little because it makes you feel hungry and then you crave food and binge. I eat enough not to crave food. Ultimately the goal is not to be hungry while losing the weight but rather to exercise enough to lose it. Then after I lose it, exercise enough to keep it all off.

Here is a list of things I ate recently. I copied this right from my fitbit page. I put the food & calories in bold for each meal. It came out to 1,766 calories and if I was hungry, I ate something.

Breakfast

Food Amount Cals Fat Fiber Carbs Sodium Prot Fav

Coffee(Dunkin' Donuts)
    16 fl oz 24 0 0 4.8 96 1.6
    Half and Half
    3 tbsp 57 4.5 0 1.5 22.5 1.5
    Honey Nut Cheerios(General Mills)
    1.33 cups 195 2.7 3.5 39 336.9 3.5
    1% Low Fat Milk
    5 fl oz 71 1.6 0 8.6 84.1 5.7
    Subtotal 347 8.7 3.5 53.9 539.5 12.3

Morning Snack

Banana
    102 grams 92 0.3 1.8 20.6 2 1.2
    Subtotal 92 0.3 1.8 20.6 2 1.2

Lunch

Boar's Head Buffalo Chicken Breast
    2 1/5 oz 66 1.1 0 0 506 14.3
    American Cheese(Boar's Head)
    0.9 oz 90 8.1 0 0.9 342 5.4
    Arnold Nature's Harvest Light Whole Wheat
    2 slices 80 1 6 16 170 5
    1% Low Fat Milk
    Woebler's Horseradish Sauce
    1 tsp 20 1.5 0 1 30 0
    Yogurt, Light, Harvest Peach(Yoplait)
    1 container 70 0 0 13 60 4
    Subtotal 397 13.3 6 39.5 1192.1 34.4

Afternoon Snack

Banana
    99 grams 89 0.3 1.8 20 2 1.2
    Subtotal 89 0.3 1.8 20 2 1.2

Dinner

Beef Top Round (London Broil)
    4.1 oz 213 6.3 0 0 48.8 37
    Mashed Potatoes
    2/3 cup 140 0.5 1 17 410 2
    Steak Sauce(A.1.)
    17 grams 15 0 0 3 280 0
    1% Low Fat Milk
    Sauteed Onions
    2 oz 27 0.8 1 4.5 127.1 0.5
    Subtotal 466 9.2 2 33.1 950 45.2

Anytime

Goya Maria Cookies
    6 pieces 156 3.6 0 28.8 126 2.4
    1% Low Fat Milk
    1 cup 114 2.5 0 13.8 134.5 9.1
    4C Ice Tea(4C)
    12 fl oz 105 0 0 27 7.5 0
    Subtotal 375 6.1 0 69.6 268 11.5

Total Calories for the Day - 1,766
    Dude if you can cut most of that dairy out of your diet you'd probably lose even more. Dairy and Wheat are two of the worst things for your body that people don't realize.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Dude if you can cut most of that dairy out of your diet you'd probably lose even more. Dairy and Wheat are two of the worst things for your body that people don't realize.
    Appreciate the advice. I like bread and milk and I'm sure they aren't great for me but my goal here for me is to enjoy life, enjoy any and all of the foods I eat and not be on a diet. I have everything in moderation. I love coffee with half and half and I have zero intention of ever giving that up. For me, it is one of life's great pleasures. And I never want to feel like I have to give anything up. Life is too short to deny myself of the things I enjoy. I just now enjoy it all in moderation.

Veteran
    Appreciate the advice. I like bread and milk and I'm sure they aren't great for me but my goal here for me is to enjoy life, enjoy any and all of the foods I eat and not be on a diet. I have everything in moderation. I love coffee with half and half and I have zero intention of ever giving that up. For me, it is one of life's great pleasures. And I never want to feel like I have to give anything up. Life is too short to deny myself of the things I enjoy. I just now enjoy it all in moderation.
    Yea me too that's why I still drink fri / sat night and sunday day. lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yea me too that's why I still drink fri / sat night and sunday day. lol
    Exactly!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Bastard - you weigh less then me now. If there was ever a motivation to lose some weight, I just found it.