Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost 20 Pounds In 60 Days B****es!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Excellent! It feels nice to be in shape, doesn't it? Keep up the good work. I have had steak many times during my weight loss. I just don't over-eat like I used to.
    Second one since August (growing feathers) lol

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures or BS. I want proof. I always gotta pony up the pictures lets go you internet weight loss hero's.

This smells southside. Like his Girlfriend stories.
    Last edited by thebigragu; 10-28-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a pic in post 3.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a pic in post 3.

Goddamn you for making me go back and look.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    +1 sob.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

During my weight loss, I averaged walking 16 miles a day.
    I like how you threw that in there as almost an after-thought. 2oz. of Horshradish cheese, light bread a banana and I WALKED TO CONNECTICUT AND BACK EVERY DAY.

Congrats. Need to get my own ***t together as well. Been hitting the gym fairly regularly but have been eating and drinking horribly.
    Cant even describe what I did to myself during the game Sunday when I realized it was going to be a slap in the face game...again.
    Text-book gavone.

Good stuff, this thread...and inspiring as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I like how you threw that in there as almost an after-thought. 2oz. of Horshradish cheese, light bread a banana and I WALKED TO CONNECTICUT AND BACK EVERY DAY.

Congrats. Need to get my own ***t together as well. Been hitting the gym fairly regularly but have been eating and drinking horribly.
    Cant even describe what I did to myself during the game Sunday when I realized it was going to be a slap in the face game...again.
    Text-book gavone.

Yeah, I worked my ass off. I could have taken longer to do it but I wanted to do it quickly and dedicated about 4 months to exercise. Obviously most people can't dedicate that much time to it. I was literally walking many times at 11 pm and was in work at 6 am the next day and walking more. My wife was supportive and that helped allow me as much time as I needed after work.

Ultimately it was the dedication that helped me lose the weight. Losing it fast was nice but the important thing was to lose it. I have been heavy for so long that I literally forgot what it was like to be in good shape.

I will post a picture what I get a chance. One of me when I was 253 pounds a few years back and another now at 183. I had already lost some weight because I got a new life insurance policy a while back and the premiums were going to be sky high because I was a fat bastard. So even though I just lost 46 pounds, I am down 70 from a few years ago. Size 40 waist (with a stretch waistband) down to a size 32.

A lot of people I know ask me about the weight loss and I always tell them not to worry about losing the weight as fast as I did but to do it on their schedule. I'll be 49 in less than a month and I haven't been in this good a shape since I was 25. I have a 6 year old and I didn't want to be an old, fat bastard who couldn't play with my kid because I was too tired all the time.

Since I am now just trying to maintain my weight, I have cut my walking down to about 12 miles a day. I know that sounds like a lot but just by getting off my fat ass each day and moving around, I do several miles without even trying hard. The rest of it is planned exercise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Text-book gavone.

Tell me about it; I've had a stressed out month and even though Ive been exercising 3x a week in the morning, it's not enough and it sucks.
    So Sunday I was out during the day running some errands and I stumbled across White Castle....something I usually have maybe once a year. So I had about 20 of those ****ers.
    Nothing with sour your stomach faster than that combined with that Jets performance we just witnessed.

Yeah, I worked my ass off. I could have taken longer to do it but I wanted to do it quickly and dedicated about 4 months to exercise. Obviously most people can't dedicate that much time to it. I was literally walking many times at 11 pm and was in work at 6 am the next day and walking more. My wife was supportive and that helped allow me as much time as I needed after work.

Ultimately it was the dedication that helped me lose the weight. Losing it fast was nice but the important thing was to lose it. I have been heavy for so long that I literally forgot what it was like to be in good shape.

I will post a picture what I get a chance. One of me when I was 253 pounds a few years back and another now at 183. I had already lost some weight because I got a new life insurance policy a while back and the premiums were going to be sky high because I was a fat bastard. So even though I just lost 46 pounds, I am down 70 from a few years ago. Size 40 waist (with a stretch waistband) down to a size 32.

A lot of people I know ask me about the weight loss and I always tell them not to worry about losing the weight as fast as I did but to do it on their schedule. I'll be 49 in less than a month and I haven't been in this good a shape since I was 25. I have a 6 year old and I didn't want to be an old, fat bastard who couldn't play with my kid because I was too tired all the time.

Since I am now just trying to maintain my weight, I have cut my walking down to about 12 miles a day. I know that sounds like a lot but just by getting off my fat ass each day and moving around, I do several miles without even trying hard. The rest of it is planned exercise.
    So was it mostly all walking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So was it mostly all walking?
    Yeah, it was all walking and watching my food portions. I didn't do any other type of exercise. I did jog a few times on the treadmill but very rarely.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it was all walking and watching my food portions. I didn't do any other type of exercise. I did jog a few times on the treadmill but very rarely.
    What did you do prior to this weight loss? Knowing what you do, weren't you walking in the ordinary course of your gig, or were you tooling around in a cart?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn....did you eliminate carbs and all that?
    This week is going to be brutal with all of the Halloween candy around.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    +1 sob.
    +2.....Jerk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn....did you eliminate carbs and all that?
    This week is going to be brutal with all of the Halloween candy around.

No, I ate everything I always eat except I reduced portions. But if we went out to eat, I would either pass on the bread before dinner or just have one slice. In the past, I ate all of it. I also eliminated late night eating and limited snacking.

I had pizza, steak, fajitas, hamburgers, chicken, pasta, ham and buffalo wings. We did get Boars Head reduced fat hot dogs. We tried fat free and they were gross. I even had beer and wine although I cut back a bit too.

For the most part, I kept my calorie intake to about 2,000 to 2,100 and was burning between 4,000 and 5,000. Thats a huge burn every day and thats were I lost the weight.

I literally kept a log on the fitbit website of everything I ate or drank. If I knew I was going out to dinner or to a party, I added to my walking before or after it and I avoided most of the chips, dips and pastries at the party. But I would eat a good sized meal. You have to live it up sometimes.

Of course, the hardest part is to keep it off now but I plan to keep doing the same thing but walking less because I'm not trying to lose weight anymore.