Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    I don't drive a BMW, I ride one!

    West Coast is correct bout the prius (holier than thou)
    EVERYWHERE is correct about the prius.

    Can't stand those fools... ALWAYS in the left lane

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    3,834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iffen they has the bike rack, they intensify X 2. Here in Colorado, Subaru are pretty frickin bad as well.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love the guys driving a toyota or a hyundai talking smack about BMW's...

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    Iffen they has the bike rack, they intensify X 2. Here in Colorado, Subaru are pretty frickin bad as well.
    ABSOLUTELY!

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i love the guys driving a toyota or a hyundai talking smack about BMW's...

    I don't think they are knocking BMW's themselves...just the self-entitled idiots that seem to drive them.

    ALso I'd like to include all VW owners into the equation....they drive a German car that they think is a BMW, which is even worse.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura, Jaguar, Lexus.

    In this area, anyone driving any of these vehicles, especially (but not limited to):

    Men driving SULuxMinivans
    Women driving sportscars
    Anyone driving an SUV

    Are by the very definition of the word, *******s, who obay none of the typical traffic laws, and believe they own not only the road, but your car as well, with full rights to run you off the road.

    Twats the lot of them.
    BMW. and Benz are far superior than the junk you added in one is a VW the rest british, Jap junk.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 08-17-2013 at 10:56 PM.

  7. #27
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread seems as good as any to ask this question...Why are the people who drive Smart cars so dumb? These little pieces of crap golf carts holding up traffic in the fast lane drive me nuts, I just want to blast them out of the way with the front end of my Jeep as blow by.

    lol

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife has nice van, Chrysler, Corvette in garage for weekends and $hitty truck I drive weekdays that I give two $hits about. i stand my ground. It is amazing how fast they move when you don't.

    About 3 years ago on my way to work I saw some guy in a BMW eating a bowl of cereal while driving, nice size bowl, full with milk and all. Looked like a real a$$ hole, yuppie just ignoring everyone dressed neatly button down shirt with tie. I turned into him so hard barely but not making contact with his car that the bowl of cereal went everywhere. He was lived, I got back up next to him and with a grin on my face I just let him scream, when he was done I said, eat your cereal at home and drove away. One of the happiest days of my life.

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Actually they were a great car, then everyone had to compete with the Japs and their plastic the Autobahn was it's only salvation.
    They are great cars but too expensive and really expensive to fix. I had one about 10 years ago and brought to the dealer for servicing and they want over $5000 for oxygen sensors, catylitic converter and whatever else they could find. I got a friend of mine to fix it for $2000 mostly expensive parts.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    BMW and Mercedes are great on the higher-end. But the 3 and C are POS. If you are going entry-level luxury the A4 is a better car.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Wife has nice van, Chrysler, Corvette in garage for weekends and $hitty truck I drive weekdays that I give two $hits about. i stand my ground. It is amazing how fast they move when you don't.

    About 3 years ago on my way to work I saw some guy in a BMW eating a bowl of cereal while driving, nice size bowl, full with milk and all. Looked like a real a$$ hole, yuppie just ignoring everyone dressed neatly button down shirt with tie. I turned into him so hard barely but not making contact with his car that the bowl of cereal went everywhere. He was lived, I got back up next to him and with a grin on my face I just let him scream, when he was done I said, eat your cereal at home and drove away. One of the happiest days of my life
    .
    HAHA!!! That's AWESOME! I'd do the exact same thing!

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's an interesting dichotomy - BMW drivers versus "riders". BMW riders tend to be knowledgeable and conscientious. Some of the more perficient riders I have come across were on a BMW. Don't have any studies to support my conclusion, just anecdotal information based on years of riding a BMW. But would definitely prefer coming across a BMW rider on a back road than a BMW driver!

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this. My boss has an M3 and a X5 and he is a total prick. Drives like a moron too.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I agree with this. My boss has an M3 and a X5 and he is a total prick. Drives like a moron too.
    X5 is a great car.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    X5 is a great car.
    Very nice. The M3 is so fast and the X5 can get up and go as well.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    X5 is a great car.
    I've had a Lex, MB, Inf, Nissan, and BMW all were above entry level...the X5 is the best by far, although the LS offered a smoother ride. The MB e350 is a piece of crap.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I bet SAR 1 came out of the womb attached to one

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This thread seems as good as any to ask this question...Why are the people who drive Smart cars so dumb? These little pieces of crap golf carts holding up traffic in the fast lane drive me nuts, I just want to blast them out of the way with the front end of my Jeep as blow by.

    lol
    I had one pass me doing 75 mph on the NY Thruway. I couldn't believe they went that fast.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    BMW and Mercedes are great on the higher-end. But the 3 and C are POS. If you are going entry-level luxury the A4 is a better car.
    I've owned 3 Audis and they are great cars but way too expensive to fix. I brought them to a local mechanic who said he couldn't do the brakes because special tools are needed.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Acura, Jaguar, Lexus.

    In this area, anyone driving any of these vehicles, especially (but not limited to):

    Men driving SULuxMinivans
    Women driving sportscars
    Anyone driving an SUV

    Are by the very definition of the word, *******s, who obay none of the typical traffic laws, and believe they own not only the road, but your car as well, with full rights to run you off the road.

    Twats the lot of them.
    Agree 100%. To me the driving here is much worse than NYC or Boston.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us