Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Incredible Fatness of Beings

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Don't make me curbstomp you PK. 380 is alot of pounds behind a stomp'in you know.
    Shut up you fat limey basted.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If you want me to change the name of this thread to "HEY FATBOY!" let me know - I'd be happy to do so.
    fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe the reason the wide sizes and XXXLs were all that were available is because we as a nation are getting in shape and you just waited too long to buy new kicks?

:optimisticalien:

All League
    I have a potential foot odor problem.

This thread brings up a good question: Exactly what sneakers/trainers/athletic shoes are best for the office?

My first thought would be any variety of Chuck Taylors, but after further consideration it's obvious. The gold shoe clip steps it up a notch:

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Idk what the answer is (besides eating less and exercising, which our country refuses to do), and I am not trying to offend anyone but have you ever seen a fat animal in nature? Never have myself, and I watch a lot of National Geographic.
    People love to blame genetics, yet we mysteriously seem to be the only species on the planet with these obese genes.
    Ever see a walrus, seal, bear, deer, etc. A lot of these animals pour on the fat in the summer in order to get through the lean months in winter. Feast and famine. As a society we just need to close the fast food joints, potato chips factories, beer joints, and ice cream parlors in October. That ought to do it. I think Bloomberg is working on it for New York and it's just a matter of time before all of NY is thin and trim (at least in the spring). Stock up on Speedos as there will be a huge run on them when it happens.
    Last edited by The Boston Patriot; 08-16-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Ever see a walrus, seal, bear, deer, etc. A lot of these animals pour on the fat in the summer in order to get through the lean months in winter. Feast and famine. As a society we just need to close the fast food joints, potato chips factories, beer joints, and ice cream parlors in October. That ought to do it. I think Bloomberg is working on it for New York and it's just a matter of time before all of NY is thin and trim (at least in the spring). Stock up on Speedos as there will be a huge run on them when it happens.
    Good point, hadn't thought about those animals.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 08-17-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Not trying to be a deek!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I stopped calling them anything the day I turned 18 and stopped wear little kids shoes.

HIPSTER IS GO!

Naa, in all seriousness, there is no more childish a word than "Sneakers". Call um' Athletic shoes or casualwear (liek Sketchers for example, which i do wear now that I'm too old to rock the Docs).
    Sounds like you are rationalizing your decision to not do anything requiring SNEAKERS (read; exercise) by trying to make the rest of us sound like eejits. Anyhoo, go into Modells and run "casual wear" by the 'lil Wayne listening kid working the shoe dept. and see how far that gets you.

Get back to us.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't make me curbstomp you PK. 380 is alot of pounds behind a stomp'in you know.
    You mean casually curbstomp me, right?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    True - I have yet to see an animal in nature figure out how to build a car or do a Rubix Cube. So, the downside is we get fat, the upside is we don't have to run everywhere and have wild fish gnaw our testicles.....unless you're in Denmark.
    This explains Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sounds like you are rationalizing your decision to not do anything requiring SNEAKERS (read; exercise) by trying to make the rest of us sound like eejits. Anyhoo, go into Modells and run "casual wear" by the 'lil Wayne listening kid working the shoe dept. and see how far that gets you.

Get back to us.

-

Although... This COULD be Da Club wear

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Casualwear?

Lolz.
    Casualwear sounds like something the Costanzas would wear in del boca vista.

I can maybe see calling them running shoes but sneakers is just a whole lot easier to use when dealing with the guys in the ref costumes at the Foot Locker.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    This explains Kelly.
    Listen to this man! Once you lose them, you become Scandinavian. Wear two pairs of trunks at all times.

BONUS PUNCHLINE: ...Or your Woody will be Dun!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Casualwear sounds like something the Costanzas would wear in del boca vista.

I can maybe see calling them running shoes but sneakers is just a whole lot easier to use when dealing with the guys in the ref costumes at the Foot Locker.
    Lol, my cruise wear!!

They're definitely sneakers, btw.

I have the same pair of Asics I bought maybe 4 years ago. I just don't wear them everywhere, so they don't take a beating. I bought a gear pair if hiking/all-terrain boots made by Ariat. Those are tough as hell.

It must torture Mike Francesa that Rex lost all that weight meanwhile the Pope of Sports is still chugging along at 300+ lbs of cottage cheese and hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    This thread brings up a good question: Exactly what sneakers/trainers/athletic shoes are best for the office?

My first thought would be any variety of Chuck Taylors, but after further consideration it's obvious. The gold shoe clip steps it up a notch:

Holy Sh*t, I want these!!

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sounds like you are rationalizing your decision to not do anything requiring SNEAKERS (read; exercise) by trying to make the rest of us sound like eejits.
    You are an eejit. You don't need me for that.

And yes, I have little activity that requires athletic footwear, being old, fat and an office jobie, but in fairness, I wore boots to do most of my athletic activity back in the day anywhoo.

Anyhoo, go into Modells and run "casual wear" by the 'lil Wayne listening kid working the shoe dept. and see how far that gets you.
    DSW mate. All the footwear one could need, no staff bothing you (generally speaking). When I wear through my cheaply made asian-assembled Sketchers (usually about every two weeks) thats where I go.

Jets Insider VIP
    They're not called t-shirts.

They're called "ultra casual thorax coverings".

Luddites.... Smh

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Maybe the reason the wide sizes and XXXLs were all that were available is because we as a nation are getting in shape and you just waited too long to buy new kicks?

:optimisticalien:
    No that can't be it could it, that would be to intelligent of an observation for the old Bushy..... Hay Bushy, you hate Blacks and Jewish people as well, or maybe you are one of them and hate whites or Christians? Any other rants for any other group of people??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    No that can't be it could it, that would be to intelligent of an observation for the old Bushy..... Hay Bushy, you hate Blacks and Jewish people as well, or maybe you are one of them and hate whites or Christians? Any other rants for any other group of people??
    Hate everyone.

Because everyone sucks.