Thread: Just for you, JETSRULE

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Just for you, JETSRULE

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...W4tVVM-;_ylv=3

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.

All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:

The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.

The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.

"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."

Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football. Get in early! And our pals over at For The Win have already mocked up some uniforms, which are an absolute delight. See 'em here.

So, yeah, if we were going to make a list of bands that would purchase a football team, KISS would be at positions one through five. Question for you, then: who's the next musician to buy a pro team? Snoop Lion? Kid Rock? The Bieb? The floor is yours.

- - -

Follow Jay Busbee on Twitter at @jaybusbee.

Hit us up on Twitter @YShutdownCorner, email us at shutdown.corner@yahoo.com and "Like" Shutdown Corner on Facebook for NFL conversation 365 days a year, the way it should be.

Fantasy Football news from Yahoo! Sports:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this reminds me, i have yet to update the Sharks thread...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The field will have hedges instead of walls to accommodate JR128 says team owner and head doosh of the world Chiam Witz.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiss blows

And so does Jetsrule

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Kiss blows

And so does Jetsrule
    Its a perfect fit. AFL and JR blowin KISSes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a horrible nightmare of epic proportions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That sounds like a horrible nightmare of epic proportions.
    Or the most awesome, bottomless pit source of LOLZ ever!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this reminds me, i have yet to update the Sharks thread...

Come regular season, you will be expected to do so. Lets not have a repeat of last season. I really don't like having to ban people. I don't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need a daily/weekly update on the goings on from DWC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    KISS never could pass up the chance to festoon anything with the word 'KISS' on them. I grew up in that era and hated them then.