Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadly, our defense is still slow...

Sadly, our defense is still slow...

I just don't see the speed that I've been hearing our D is supposed to have.....

Agree, Harris can't cover third down backs and Coples is below average at defending the edge

All League
    But yet Ponder says Buffalo's D is exotic and confusing. Sound familiar?

not to mention we still cannot rush the passer at all even when we blitz

Skeleton D not playing with intensity, come the reg season it will be ironed out.

A lot of times tonight people where in the right place, just bad arm tackling not wrapping people up.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    The defense did not look good, but lets all remember this is preseason. We are showing off nothing exotic. And we have a rookie starting at CB and 2 new safeties. Its going to take some time to get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The defense did not look good, but lets all remember this is preseason. We are showing off nothing exotic. And we have a rookie starting at CB and 2 new safeties. Its going to take some time to get their act together.
    That has nothing to do with our "D" getting beat to the edge........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    That has nothing to do with our "D" getting beat to the edge........
    Thank You.. The vanilla excuse has too stop!

What changes were made, besides Scott and Thomas? what moves were made to show this d is any faster or better. Ryan's d is outdated and over rated. Why would you take coples and make him a linebaker. This would have worked in 1997, not now. now it makes no sence. Rex is a f()cking joke and will be run out of town. This d will not be a top 10 d, with a 23-29 range o makes for a great season. This team will not win many games with Ryan as the coach. Idtzy will sacrifice this season to get ride of the entire coaching staff, down to the ball boys.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Skeleton D not playing with intensity, come the reg season it will be ironed out.

A lot of times tonight people where in the right place, just bad arm tackling not wrapping people up.
    and this is a defense coached by REX. They look crappy!

Hall Of Fame
    Come on! They are not playing with intensity or aggression! That is what a REX coached Defense is alleged to be.

Veteran
    Having Coples on the edge makes the defense look like its crawling. I still haven't seen anything to help me understand why Coples at OLB was a good move. I understand he isn't going to be dropping into coverage much (if at all) but he is such a huge liability on the edge, teams would be foolish if they didn't run right at him. Is there something I've been missing from the last two games?

Jets Insider VIP
    PLEASE.... Rex hiding some magic schemes??? Please. The color is off the rose. REX is being exposed as a poor developer of players and talent.

We could barely move the ball against their 2nd and 3rd teams. OUR D is old and slow.

Rex better fix this or he is toast. Stats are for losers...this D looked in need tonight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PLEASE.... Rex hiding some magic schemes??? Please. The color is off the rose. REX is being exposed as a poor developer of players and talent.

We could barely move the ball against their 2nd and 3rd teams. OUR D is old and slow.

Rex better fix this or he is toast. Stats are for losers...this D looked in need tonight.
    Other then Pace and Cro who is old?? Geez the whinning is in mid season form already

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Other then Pace and Cro who is old?? Geez the whinning is in mid season form already
    OK...slow. You saw their 1st 5 drives right? THAT did nt look like a good D to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Having Coples on the edge makes the defense look like its crawling. I still haven't seen anything to help me understand why Coples at OLB was a good move. I understand he isn't going to be dropping into coverage much (if at all) but he is such a huge liability on the edge, teams would be foolish if they didn't run right at him. Is there something I've been missing from the last two games?
    Moving Coples was Rex's substitute for never drafting OLBs. He did the same **** with Maybin and Westerman, compensating for a lack of a young edge rusher.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's young.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

Does anyone whine more than the Bean Counter

Never heard a man b1tch more than him

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    You saw blitzing tonight?

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

You really don't understand the game do you?

Our D is old and slow? Do any of you who say this know what a fast football player or a slow one looks like? Its more than just spewing out idiot cliches after every game.