Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sadly, our defense is still slow...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exotic? Surely you are kidding right? Let me ask you something, did NE show anything exotic spending the entire game in TB's backfield the other night? Did Miami or Buffalo show anything "exotic" in their games this week? Even the Jags had a better pass rush then we did in our game, what, they were playing "exotic" defensive schemes? We see the hurry up twice a year by NE, this was no strange concept to us. Fact is we went out and played lazy lackluster, and disinterested football last night.

This organization has spent the better part of a decade trying to rush the passer and failing miserably every time. It is time to stop making BS excuses and call it like it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Exotic? Surely you are kidding right? Let me ask you something, did NE show anything exotic spending the entire game in TB's backfield the other night? Did Miami or Buffalo show anything "exotic" in their games this week? Even the Jags had a better pass rush then we did in our game, what, they were playing "exotic" defensive schemes? We see the hurry up twice a year by NE, this was no strange concept to us. Fact is we went out and played lazy lackluster, and disinterested football last night.

This organization has spent the better part of a decade trying to rush the passer and failing miserably every time. It is time to stop making BS excuses and call it like it is.
    Problem is that we didn't expect it FROM THEM. From what I understand, they broke it out in this game.

And as opposed to what you think, we have gotten some pressure in this offseason. I've seen it

And you should watch your wording because Abraham was here within the last 10 years

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    This defense is f*cked seriously unless we get some help for the secondary. Rex's D was succesful in '09 because we had Revis and Rhodes in the secondary covering everybody and the following year it was Revis and Cro. Now it's Cro, Milliner is just a rookie and everyone else is God-Awful Terrible.

Kyle Wilson - BUST, he's a mediocre nickelback at BEST

Dawan Landry - scrub

Antonio Allen - scrub

Jaiquan Jarrett - scrub

Lankster, Lansanah - ok for depth but still scrubs

We need motherf_cking Kerry Rhodes signed and wearing a Jets uniform again like two months ago. Who gives a sh*t if he's gay? Maybe the rich boy idiot owner does and if Rex doesn't like Rhodes for personal reasons tell Rex he better learn to be more of a pragmatist because his career is over if we go 2-14 which we absolutely will with this cast of losers in the Jets secondary.

Rex won't even be able to find work as a DC if this team goes 2-14 which we are on the collision course for if this secondary is intact.
    Nice to see that a handful of fans are realistic about this defense. Thanks for the insightful analysis. It was spot on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Problem is that we didn't expect it FROM THEM. From what I understand, they broke it out in this game.

And as opposed to what you think, we have gotten some pressure in this offseason. I've seen it

And you should watch your wording because Abraham was here within the last 10 years
    The homers act like this is not normal. the JETS haven't played quality football since mid 2011 save 2 or 3 games. For 2 years combined...we are sub 500 and it appears to be more of the same. Maybe we can trade another pick and get Tebow back?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The missed tackles by Harris was kind of scary and Millner getting beat on a few occasions didn't look too good. I'm still staying with the D will be top 10 this yr

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    The missed tackles by Harris was kind of scary and Millner getting beat on a few occasions didn't look too good. I'm still staying with the D will be top 10 this yr
    Me too, Jacksonville's use of the no huddle made us look a lot slower. It exposed our vulnerability to the fast paced offense. This hopefully is not a problem. I'm sure Pats will use it in game 2.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Here's what I noticed from the D tonight:

-Lack of penetration from the DL. Dunno if Ellis' absence made that much difference, but the Jags' OL pretty much had their way.

-Edge defense continues to be a weak link. As it's been for so many years, speedy RBs kill us. Coples is not an OLB.

-Lack of form tackling. We've seen it in years past. Cro still can't properly tackle and neither can Harris.

-Speaking of Harris, he's still the same old one trick pony. He'll never be good in coverage, I don't care how many pounds he loses. His game has really dipped since that big contract.

-Davis continues to look lost out there. Yes, he's fast, but he doesn't look like he should be starting.

-Don't know why the CBs were giving 10 yards of cushion, especially Cro.

-Milliner had a brutal game.

Agree on all counts. What's particulary troubling to me is to watch Harris still get beat badly and consistently by 3rd down backs and TE's. Why the Jets havent addressed this obvious and glaring hole in the defense over the last few years is beyond me.
    Last edited by ChuckkieB; 08-19-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    Agree on all counts. What's particulary troubling to me is to watch Harris still get beat badly and consistently by 3rd down backs and TE's. Why the Jets havent addressed this obvious and glaring hole in the defense over the last few years is beyond me.
    Yeah, David Harris is slow and the Jags knew they could keep him on the field by using the hurry-up offense. Harris can't keep up with a TE or running back.
    I can't believe we're paying this guy so much. He's the equivalent of the Sanchez contract on the defensive side.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Me too, Jacksonville's use of the no huddle made us look a lot slower. It exposed our vulnerability to the fast paced offense. This hopefully is not a problem. I'm sure Pats will use it in game 2.
    If it doesn't improve dramatically, we can certainly count 2 losses vs. New England. If gabber can do that, imagine what Brady will do. Not to mention any other team who wants to expose our D. It HAS to get better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Buffalo is using the hurry up as well so we'd better prepare for it......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Buffalo is using the hurry up as well so we'd better prepare for it......
    Exactly. Any team can game plan a hurry up. I hope this was an aberration because Rex will be gone for sure if his vaunted defensive "genius" can't respond to the hurry up.

Especially considering he is calling the plays this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's preseason and Rex is always in the top 10 Defense. We gave up 1 touchdown and 2 field goals! Quit your bi***ing.