Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After Watching The JAC Tape ...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    those are the type of runs powell had last night, right up the middle untouched for 20-30-40 yards. there were some other nice runs as well but these highlight videos can make any nfl RB look like a pro bowler lets be honest here. i want to see him play first and play well here before i judge him. he needs to earn the starting job, he's not a proven back. and right now powell should be the #1 imo
    Powell played well it seemed like he ran out of energy at times 20/30/40 yards, gotta take something to the house.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Sure he played through the 3rd qtr but he was also playing with 2's & 3's on offense. In addition they went run heavy the last few drives , I think the CS was being mindful of not trying "run it up" with their potential 1st string QB. If the CS feels the competition is still open then it makes sense to see Geno get extensive work, if they feel he's still not ready and Sanchez will start the 1st game then they better give Sanhez the lions share of work against the Giants.
    I have a really hard time imagining Sanchez starting barring Geno being too injured based on what Rex said in the press conference. If there are Geno factions and Sanchez factions within the Jets management, the Geno faction got a big boost yesterday

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Powell played well it seemed like he ran out of energy at times 20/30/40 yards, gotta take something to the house.
    In 2013,I think he'll take quite a few to the house. He looks much improved over last year. Between Ivory and Powell we just might have a running game this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Here's what I saw

Good

- OLine pass & run blocking

- Running game

- OC and offensive staff. Good to see things that were poor last week improved this week
    (rushing offense). You saw more examples of Mornhinweg's ability to scheme players open
    with his shifts and misdirections. Particularly on Cumberland's TD you saw the effect
    of misdirection. Sanchez faked a hand off to the left moved to the right and then ended
    up throwing back to the left to Cumberland who was wide open. The angle of the replay
    showed JAC defense "following" Sanchez until somebody screwed up their coverage allowing
    Cumberland to shake free

- Bilal Powell

- Matt Simms (major NFL arm talent)

- Special teams (Gates was so good maybe we can cut McKnight and use his spot for someone
    else)

- Reduction of penalties

- Hopefully Coples will be back quickly because he was the only player from the #1 defense
    who flashed. In the first half he had four "splash" plays:
    * Got in the backfield and disrupted an MJD run
    * Flushed Gabbert out of the pocket and caused an incompletion
    * Got in the backfield and disrupted a reverse by Sanders
    * Almost had the strip sack where he got hurt

- Danny Lansanah with the INT. With Mauga missing and Bellore being stiff he could make it

- Ellis Lankster & Darrin Walls

Bad

- Defensive staff and the #1 defense. Unprepared for the hurry up offense and fatigue
    quickly set in which affected everything

- Tackling was pathetic

- Milliner needs to start checking WR's in the 5 yard area. He let every WR free release
    off the line and if you do that you're asking for trouble

- We missed Kenrick Ellis because Damon Harrison got pushed around at NT

Sanchez

He reminds me of Wile E. Coyote the cartoon character who chased the Roadrunner. For those
    who never saw the cartoon, Wile E. Coyote would always create these elaborate plans to catch
    the Roadrunner. But his own "stupidity" would always cause his plans to "blow up" in his
    face. Let's take a look:

- His first two drives were on point. He made one mistake where he threw behind Hill on
    third down and we had to settle for a FG

- Then on his third drive he's moving the team well and he even shows good awareness
    (finally) by throwing the screen pass away. But then he "blows up" his good performance
    with that ridiculous INT. He has a chip shot FG in his pocket but as usual he forces a
    bad pass and takes points off the board. If it was the last play of the game and we were
    down by 4 you make that pass, not when you're in the 2nd quarter

- Before that INT he was 6-8 after the INT he went 7-15. Its like he made himself cold
    after his mistake

- There's just no excuse for the final drive of the first half. With six seconds left
    and no timeouts you can only do three things, snap the ball, catch the ball and throw it
    to a WR or out of the end zone. YOU CAN'T scramble and let the clock run out!!! What
    made the play even worse was just before the play we were called for a penalty and as the
    refs were talking he had time to go to the sidelines and talk to Mornhinweg. And he STILL
    didn't execute properly

I just don't know what to say about Sanchez, he was on the verge of wrapping up the starting
    spot and he just gave it away. And all he had to do was manage two fairly basic situations
    that a fifth year QB should handle in his sleep
    Agree.... Several bright spots Ill leave to the 6 or so jag off homers that still exist. Defense looked undisciplined and Sanchez looked like Sanchez of late 2011 and 2012.

Powell looked superb BTW... bottom ranked offense made our D look unprepared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    yeah i saw him try to be all adrian peterson when he was 1 on 1 with the safety and he tried to break his ankles with a move but he's not THAT athletic
    still he looked way quicker and he's got a way better burst now and more speed than he did last season. plus he looks more patient, waiting for the o-line to open some holes. thats the big thing, and thats what can get us those bigruns here and there that we need to help out the passing game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    yeah i saw him try to be all adrian peterson when he was 1 on 1 with the safety and he tried to break his ankles with a move but he's not THAT athletic
    still he looked way quicker and he's got a way better burst now and more speed than he did last season. plus he looks more patient, waiting for the o-line to open some holes. thats the big thing, and thats what can get us those bigruns here and there that we need to help out the passing game
    I wouldn't say he's quicker or faster than in the past. He's a guy with solid speed and a good burst. He's not slow, he's not fast. He's just a solid back that can contribute to a good football team. He can run it, he can catch, he can pass block, the coaches love him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One other positive you may have missed is our kickoffs. They were mostly very deep in the end zone or out of the end zone. When was the last time you saw that. When playing field position in a tight game this can make a huge difference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez missed a wide open Clyde Gates right in front of him in the endzone. The guy is what he is time to move on and go with the kids (Geno, Simms) they cannot be worse. Tim Tebow and McElroy absolutely are both far worse than Mark Sanchez but we don't know about Geno and Matt Simms.

The Jets have got to sign Kerry Rhodes and maybe even another Safety or Nickelback. Milliner is learning he will eventually be great but even Revis got burnt as a rook. Kyle Wilson is a lousy bust of a pick and our Safeties are so bad they actually make me miss the garbage like Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard. Eric Smith never met a tight end who didn't love smoking him like a fine cigar. A lot of NFL Tight Ends and RB's are going to get rich off facing Antonio Allen and Jarrett.

I noticed that on several occasions, Sanchez honed in on one receiver and didn't move his head an inch. This is why he will never lead us to the promised land.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we please stop saying that we watched the "tape?" You watched a replay of the game and gave your unprofessional opinion.

I agree with your assessment, but geez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    One other positive you may have missed is our kickoffs. They were mostly very deep in the end zone or out of the end zone. When was the last time you saw that. When playing field position in a tight game this can make a huge difference.
    Most kickoffs occur after we score no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I noticed that on several occasions, Sanchez honed in on one receiver and didn't move his head an inch. This is why he will never lead us to the promised land.
    Please don't tell Ray Ray that. He will slobber all over the place!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is some expert football analysis right there....

Fire Idzik, sign this guy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Most kickoffs occur after we score no?
    yeah, we didn't score last year, i get it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What drove me CRAZY in yesterdays game were those "Brady" type of short wide receiver screens or extremely short throws when Blaine "Payton Manning" Garret saw our corner backs were playing off 5 and 10 yards and basically looked at the receivers and called the play! I mean did any body else see that? Do the football players not see that but I do? It killed us last year and its still killing us..I know, I know its only Pre season but C'MON MAN!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rah Rah likes his new head band.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Just like the Cortland reports. I hope you do this for every game.

I hope Milliner reads your reports and starts getting on the WR in 5 yd area. He gave up a ton of catches. Revis was very good at this.
    Revis is so agressive and restricts the space of the targetted WR to his dismay, this is something Dee really needs to emulate. Can't allow free releases like Cro used to do, got to jam them at the line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rah Rah likes his new head band.
    What exactly do you contribute to this forum?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice breakdown, KRL.

One point where I disagree is that Coples was the only player from the #1 defense to flash. Wilkerson also had a very good game and looked dominant in the trenches. He had very good penetration into the backfield on a good percentage of plays. On one particular play that sticks out, he had a great open field tackle for loss chasing down a running back trying to turn the corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Can we please stop saying that we watched the "tape?" You watched a replay of the game and gave your unprofessional opinion.

I agree with your assessment, but geez.
    It's possible he pays for the all-22 footage. That would certainly be watching the tape.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Can't say I agree with praising the run blocking/running game.

Take away Powell's 37 yarder and we were stuffed most of the night by a bad defense.
    False