Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rex & Marty on WFAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Don't distort the facts, Sanchez has no problem taking accountability, I think he's reached a point where he's just trying to deflect the overdramatization of his criticism. I personally don't like the response "who cares," but I also am pretty sure he does care but is managing the attacks against him, but isn't doing it the right way.
    I must have missed something... I have NEVER heard him take sole responsibility for picks, turnovers, mistakes or HIS poor decisions. And I watch those post game interviews as closely as I watch the games. It's never "me or I" when it comes to HIS mistakes - it's "we'. It is very telling when he says, "So what" about a pick-six. He just doesn't get it. One thing I will always respect about Brady is when he loses and has a bad game, he is in the post-game with the veins popping out of his neck venting, "I SUCKED"!
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 08-19-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I must have missed something... I have NEVER heard him take sole responsibility for picks, turnovers, mistakes or HIS poor decisions. And I watch those post game interviews as closely as I watch the games. It's never "me or I" when it comes to HIS mistakes - it's "we'. It is very telling when he says, "So what" about a pick-six. He just doesn't get it. One thing I will always respect about Brady is when he loses and has a bad game, he is in the post-game with the veins popping out of his neck venting, "I SUCKED"!
    I believe you are intimating that Sanchez doesn't take blame for his shortcomings, and I think that is way wrong.

It is my opinion that he tries to deflect them, to diffuse our rabid and sensationalistic media, but he doesn't pawn off accountability, I've watched his PC's too, he has often said the right things in response to questions about what went wrong in a game, often taking the blame, using phrases like "it starts and ends with the QB, I need to be better..."

To suggest he doesn't do this, I'm sorry, that is wrong.

I believe you are intimating that Sanchez doesn't take blame for his shortcomings, and I think that is way wrong.

It is my opinion that he tries to deflect them, to diffuse our rabid and sensationalistic media, but he doesn't pawn off accountability, I've watched his PC's too, he has often said the right things in response to questions about what went wrong in a game, often taking the blame, using phrases like "it starts and ends with the QB, I need to be better..."

To suggest he doesn't do this, I'm sorry, that is wrong.
    the truth would be refreshing. Like Mark simply stating he is in over his head, wants to be cut and go back to LA with his 20 mil and sit on the beach. THat is how it appears.....

I think the most telling and insightful look into Sanchez's mind was the comment about his dad's reaction to criticism.

I think Mark has lived a very sheltered protected life, he strikes me as a person who has been fed a positive mind set and will never defer from that thought process.

While I think he does care a little, he seems to find it a bit trivial, a pick 6 on his priority scale is not worth losing sleep over on the grand scale of things.

Sadly this is no consolation to us fans, a pick 6 on your own 10 is in the range of famine and natural disaster etc on my scale.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Sanchez used to be an "I" QB, not a "We" QB I hope that hasn't changed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I think the most telling and insightful look into Sanchez's mind was the comment about his dad's reaction to criticism.

I think Mark has lived a very sheltered protected life, he strikes me as a person who has been fed a positive mind set and will never defer from that thought process.

While I think he does care a little, he seems to find it a bit trivial, a pick 6 on his priority scale is not worth losing sleep over on the grand scale of things.

Sadly this is no consolation to us fans, a pick 6 on your own 10 is in the range of famine and natural disaster etc on my scale.
    Actually he has never really received criticism until he came to the Jets. He was god like at Mission Viejo High School, went to USC and went 12-1 and won the Rose Bowl in his only year as a starter. Was the 5th pick in the draft, got 50 million dollars, and went to the AFCCG in his first season. Mark knew nothing but success and was pampered and treated like a god until he came to the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Actually he has never really received criticism until he came to the Jets. He was god like at Mission Viejo High School, went to USC and went 12-1 and won the Rose Bowl in his only year as a starter. Was the 5th pick in the draft, got 50 million dollars, and went to the AFCCG in his first season. Mark knew nothing but success and was pampered and treated like a god until he came to the Jets.
    I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying his positive mindset in the face of adversity seems to be a built in trait.

What we consider adversity seems like water of a ducks back to him, just because he has not faced adversity on the football field prior to the jets does not mean he has not had to deal with it in some other capacity.

The "who cares" comment insinuates he does not care, but for me I just think this is all not a big deal to him on the grand scale and it reflects in his demeanour.

Then again I could be way off base.

I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying his positive mindset in the face of adversity seems to be a built in trait.

What we consider adversity seems like water of a ducks back to him, just because he has not faced adversity on the football field prior to the jets does not mean he has not had to deal with it in some other capacity.

The "who cares" comment insinuates he does not care, but for me I just think this is all not a big deal to him on the grand scale and it reflects in his demeanour.

You are both right ..... Never a blemish on him and now he can't handle it. His who cares demeanor is a defense.

Contrast that with Phil Mickelson in 2003 getting HAMMERED in the press conferences for not winning a major. he stands up and says I am frustrated, I want it badly, not just one, I practice 8 hours a day to win multiple majors.

HE stood up and demanded success.... Mark does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post

I think people are making way too big of an issue about the "so what" comment. Taken out of context it sounds disturbing, but in the context of the conversation that he was having with Boomer, I took it asparaphrasing) so what that I am upset about throwing the pick 6. Nobody cares what I am feeling, no time to cry and feel sorry for myself. Pick yourself up and move forward.

I could care less who starts at QB, I just want to win and trust that the player that gives us the best chance will be out there week one.

Hall Of Fame

I think it is just his coping mechanism to deal with his mistakes. People were begging for him to just stand up there and say "I lost the game for us". "I made critical mistakes". "I have to get a lot better". He tries to minimize his mistakes by saying it was just a small error, a fluke, a rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You are both right ..... Never a blemish on him and now he can't handle it. His who cares demeanor is a defense.

Contrast that with Phil Mickelson in 2003 getting HAMMERED in the press conferences for not winning a major. he stands up and says I am frustrated, I want it badly, not just one, I practice 8 hours a day to win multiple majors.

HE stood up and demanded success.... Mark does not.
    I don't know about you but he seems to have some serious character issues.

Maybe sec101 is right, he's had it that good for that long that the first instance of adversity his built in defence mechanism kicks in.

I mean it would explain a lot in regards to his on field demeanour, the way he behaves after an INT is bizarre, it's as if the sky is falling in, he then proceeds to the locker room to give a corporate spiel interview as if he hasn't a care in the world.

The guys strange.
    Last edited by Harrier; 08-19-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    the truth would be refreshing. Like Mark simply stating he is in over his head, wants to be cut and go back to LA with his 20 mil and sit on the beach. THat is how it appears.....
    agreed! I'd love to see it happen.

Banned

Don't distort the facts, Sanchez has no problem taking accountability, I think he's reached a point where he's just trying to deflect the overdramatization of his criticism. I personally don't like the response "who cares," but I also am pretty sure he does care but is managing the attacks against him, but isn't doing it the right way.
    Overdramatization? Enough is enough with the bs. Its his 5th year ...had he been put in the best situations? No. Is he is his third system now? Yes. Has he performed even close to a top 25 qb in his 4 years of staarting?...NO. I enjoy reading most of your posts but you continue flooding th ther board trying to give hI'm the benefit of the doubt. This is is mr sanchez....at times looks like he can be a very good starter in thr nfl and then at times looks like he shouldn't be on the field. He has continues to show that he will make the same mistakes at the worst times (see jax game). His talents are not good enough to make stupid / risky mistakes a la favre. Its time to move on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Sanchez is great at handling the media, and has a very likeable pressence off the field. Something with Geno just rubs me the wrong way. It reminds me a lot like Holmes. Just something is off about him.
    LOL he is nothing likeHolmes. Too funny.

I also am pretty sure he does care but is managing the attacks against him, but isn't doing it the right way.
    He really needs the heavy duty crash course on speaking to the media and the fan base. There is a lot of dislike for him out there. I have never seen another NY athlete get booed worse than he did when he was at half court at the Knicks game. Fans want to see some fire and some passion - which he doesn't have. It reminds me when Glavin blew that last game in 2007 against the Marlins when the Mets had that collapse and missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. Glavin was asked if he was devastated and he said "no" and went on to explain it wasn't the end of the world. Met fans didn't want to hear that.

All League
    plain and simple... Sanchez sucks. He is not a franchise quarterback. He is struggling to be a fair QB entering his 5th year. Making same mental mistakes. The great one lead teams even with coaching and player changes. Time that the organization bite the big one with him and move on.