Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex & Marty on WFAN

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex & Marty on WFAN

@KMart_LIRex on Mark Sanchez (WFAN): "I think he's got a pretty good grasp of our system & i think he's doing a good job" #jets

@KMart_LIRex, on WFAN, admits Sanchez has been "up & down." ...But RE: Winslow INT: "I wouldn't put the entire blame on Mark." #jets

@KMart_LIDoes Rex have a feeling who opening day QB will be? "No, it's clearly still a competition. And anything right now would be incomplete" #jets

@KMart_LIRex on Sanchez TOs: "Mark has done an outstanding job of erasing the computer and moving forward. ...He's doing a nice job." (WFAN) #jets

@KMart_LI"Our situation at quarterback is much better than it was my first year" -- Rex Ryan (WFAN) #jets

@KMart_LIRex: "I think we'll have a great defense. I don't think there's any doubt." #jets

@KMart_LIAs for Coples, Rex said "obvi this is a big blow," but he doesn't give a timetable for return #jets

@KMart_LIRex thinks Dee Milliner will grow to be a "tremendous" player. Said rookie CB just has to get more comfy system. #jets

@KMart_LI"This young man, I think, has a chance to be an outstanding QB" -- Rex Ryan on Geno Smith #jets

@KMart_LIRex: "I'll say what I believe to be the truth -- not necessarily what is the truth, cuz things don't always work out that way." (WFAN)

@KMart_LIRex to @cc660 + other #Jets fans: "We'll see what happens. Just hang w/ us. You'll see against Tampa and things." #nyj

@KMart_LIOn quick Week 1/2 turnaround vs. Bucs/Pats: "We're certainly not ducking it. We'll go against Tampa, NE, whoever they put out there." #jets

@KMart_LIMarty: My biggest strength is "I trust 100%" the QB on the field. But he never directly said he trusts Mark Sanchez w/ the fball. #jets

@CLoprestiWFANYikes. Boomer asks MM if anyone on offense has jumped out at him this summer and he leads with the Fullbacks. A little gamesmanship? #NYJ

@KMart_LIMarty highlights FB Tommy Bohanon...adds he likes #Jets' TE situation

@KMart_LIMarty said he was proud of Geno pushing thru injury, adds rookies often are "simply babied' in college (WFAN) #jets

@KMart_LIMarty, on WFAN, adds that he "doesn't care" when the QB decision is made. As soon as one "elevates" himself then #Jets will know

@KMart_LIMarty: QB choice will be made when 1 elevates himself, but "personally, I would want to take a few more days just to be sure." (WFAN) #jets

@PFFNo pressure, but in 23 run plays NYJ Sheldon Richardson notched himself a monstrous +5.5 grade. +4.6 overall in 40 snaps vs JAX

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez...

@KMart_LI"It's more functional than fashion." -- Mark Sanchez on his headband

(One would hope...) #jets

@KMart_LIWhat went thru Mark Sanchez's mind after pick-6: "There's no way. That just sucks. Of course (I was pissed). But so what?" (WFAN) #jets

@KMart_LIMark Sanchez on QB competition: "I try not to put my personal opinion out there. Obviously it's a lil biased (laughs)." #jets

@KMart_LI"I'm always my toughest critic. I always feel like I can play better." -- Mark Sanchez #jets

@KMart_LICan Sanchez feel the hate from #Jets fans? "They were cheering pretty loud when we scored...If u play well, there's nothing to boo about."

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A part of you has to respect Sanchez's attitude, despite being one of the most hated athletes in a sports-crazy town.

Doesn't mean he's any better at avoiding back-breaking turnovers, just sayin...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sanchez...

@KMart_LIWhat went thru Mark Sanchez's mind after pick-6: "There's no way. That just sucks. Of course (I was pissed). But so what?" (WFAN) #jets

@KMart_LIMark Sanchez on QB competition: "I try not to put my personal opinion out there. Obviously it's a lil biased (laughs)." #jets

@KMart_LI"I'm always my toughest critic. I always feel like I can play better." -- Mark Sanchez #jets

@KMart_LICan Sanchez feel the hate from #Jets fans? "They were cheering pretty loud when we scored...If u play well, there's nothing to boo about."

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    He always knows what to say, but it never translates into better play on the football field......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He always knows what to say, but it never translates into better play on the football field......
    it's easy to rehearse these responses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Plus the fact that it's true . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    A part of you has to respect Sanchez's attitude, despite being one of the most hated athletes in a sports-crazy town.

I will say it Sanchez is 1000X more classy then the Jets fan base and one of the main reasons why I always wish he plays or played better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean **** when he's out there looking like complete ass.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @PFFNo pressure, but in 23 run plays NYJ Sheldon Richardson notched himself a monstrous +5.5 grade. +4.6 overall in 40 snaps vs JAX
    Not sure what these grades mean. Does anyone have a simple explanation?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez...

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Wow... there's a sig-worthy quote!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I subscribe to PFF - They analyze every down of football and have methods for grading the effectiveness of the players. Higher the grade, the better - obviously.

Caveat - these are Preseason Rankings and some of the players on their rankings I've never herd of and are no doubt 2nd teamers playing against other backups or worse. Richardson, as we know, is playing against 1st stringers, for the most part, so his grade could be considered credible.

They have him listed as a DE - with a +6.0 grade against the run. No one even close. His overall grade is +5.2 (run and pass) puts ranks him as the 5th best DE in the preseason, so far. Muhammad Wilkerson is ranked 17th best.

Just for yuks, I also looked up their Preseason ratings for NT and DT - Richardson's overall grade of +5.2 would put him 3rd best in the league (pass and Run), and his grade of +6.0 puts him as the best in the NFL against the run. Closest behind him: Geno Atkins +4.9, Ndamukonk Suh +4.2, Nick Fairly +3.4.

Short answer - means he's pretty good.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Not sure what these grades mean. Does anyone have a simple explanation?
    JAX has no running game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I subscribe to PFF - They analyze every down of football and have methods for grading the effectiveness of the players. Higher the grade, the better - obviously.

Caveat - these are Preseason Rankings and some of the players on their rankings I've never herd of and are no doubt 2nd teamers playing against other backups or worse. Richardson, as we know, is playing against 1st stringers, for the most part, so his grade could be considered credible.

They have him listed as a DE - with a +6.0 grade against the run. No one even close. His overall grade is +5.2 (run and pass) puts ranks him as the 5th best DE in the preseason, so far. Muhammad Wilkerson is ranked 17th best.

Just for yuks, I also looked up their Preseason ratings for NT and DT - Richardson's overall grade of +5.2 would put him 3rd best in the league (pass and Run), and his grade of +6.0 puts him as the best in the NFL against the run. Closest behind him: Geno Atkins +4.9, Ndamukonk Suh +4.2, Nick Fairly +3.4.

Short answer - means he's pretty good.
    Nice. Thanks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

So what?????? Now that pisses me and should piss every Jet fan off!!! He just doesn't get it!!!! Will it be okay if he says that after he throws his first pick six to Revis on OD???
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 08-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

I agree. Let me first say that I am not a fan of Sanchez and would stand up and applaud if the Jets were able to trade him for a bag of used footballs, and i'm praying to the football god's that Geno Smith takes hold of the QB job for good as soon as possible. That being said, in this day and age of whiny, spoiled, arrogant, and coddled atheletes, Mark Sanchez has been a model citizen in terms of how he's handled all of the criticism and hatred towards his play over the last two years. He's sood tall in front of the media and has taken his his lumps like a man and always says the right things. Gotta give him a lot of credit for that IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Sanchez is great at handling the media, and has a very likeable pressence off the field. Something with Geno just rubs me the wrong way. It reminds me a lot like Holmes. Just something is off about him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    About the only thing about their presence that's the same is that they're both black, soo...

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    So what?????? Now that pisses me and should piss every Jet fan off!!! He just doesn't get it!!!! Will it be okay if he says that after he throws his first pick six to Revis on OD???
    Sanchez used to beat himself up after a mistake. He sulked and it tended to cause mistakes to snowball into other mistakes. Somewhere along the way, he seems to have bought into the "short memory" thing, and now it seems he doesn't even acknowledge the consequences of his actions, or even that they're his fault. Maybe that's what's making him reckless.

What he needs to understand is that he can't let anger or regret over an interception or bad decision linger during a game and distract him from the task at hand, but once that game is over, he has to own his errors and resolve to fix them. The most refreshing thing I've heard Geno say in an interview (I believe it was after the Green and White scrimmage) was that the mistakes he made were "unacceptable". That kind of accountability from the QB position was refreshing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Sanchez used to beat himself up after a mistake. He sulked and it tended to cause mistakes to snowball into other mistakes. Somewhere along the way, he seems to have bought into the "short memory" thing, and now it seems he doesn't even acknowledge the consequences of his actions, or even that they're his fault. Maybe that's what's making him reckless.

What he needs to understand is that he can't let anger or regret over an interception or bad decision linger during a game and distract him from the task at hand, but once that game is over, he has to own his errors and resolve to fix them. The most refreshing thing I've heard Geno say in an interview (I believe it was after the Green and White scrimmage) was that the mistakes he made were "unacceptable". That kind of accountability from the QB position was refreshing.
    +1. I heard Marty Lyons say in the post game Saturday night that the pick and the inability to throw it away before the end of the first half was "unacceptable". Sanchez doesn't understand accountability and would never admit he did something "unacceptable". Instead he chuckles and says, "So what" when asked this AM about the Detroit pick six.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 08-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    +1. I heard Marty Lyons say in the post game Saturday night that the pick and the inability to throw it away before the end of the first half was "unacceptable". Sanchez doesn't understand accountability and would never admit he did something "unacceptable". Instead he chuckles and says, "So what" when asked this AM about the Detroit pick six.

Don't distort the facts, Sanchez has no problem taking accountability, I think he's reached a point where he's just trying to deflect the overdramatization of his criticism. I personally don't like the response "who cares," but I also am pretty sure he does care but is managing the attacks against him, but isn't doing it the right way.