View Poll Results: When does Santonio play?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 1

4 12.90%
  • Week 2

1 3.23%
  • Week 3

6 19.35%
  • Week 4

8 25.81%
  • Week 5

3 9.68%
  • Week 6

3 9.68%
  • Week 7

3 9.68%
  • Week 8 or later

0 0%
  • He doesn't play in 2013

3 9.68%

Thread: Holmes running 3/4 speed, catching passes. When do you think he plays?

Jets Insider VIP

Holmes running 3/4 speed, catching passes. When do you think he plays?

Some encouraging news that Santonio was catching practice passes during the pregame last night and doing some running. When do you think he plays for the first time?

Jets Insider VIP
    If he starts on the PUP list does that automatically mean he's out the first 6 weeks?

I say Week 4 just like in 2009...I think.

Holmes will not be back until they bench Sanchez. Why would he come back to a crappy qb. He will want to wait till Smith takes over, which should be around week 3-6, closer to week 5, unless Sanchez really Sh!ts the bed. Sanchez will start no matter what happens against the giants. Rex will go down with Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If he starts on the PUP list does that automatically mean he's out the first 6 weeks?
    Yes. I am pretty sure he can not even practice with the team during that time as well.

If I remember correctly, during his last season with the Jets he ran routes at 3/4 speed, not because of injury but because he was lazy and surly.

@RichCiminiGM Idzik, on WFAN, says of Holmes, "Hopefully, we're getting close." Says SH is running, cutting and displaying functional movement. #Jets

@RichCiminiJohn Idzik hopeful that Santonio Holmes is "close" to returning to practice. #Jets espn.go.com/blog/new-york/

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Waterboy
    He's such a clown....can't wait for him to come off the books

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Holmes will not be back until they bench Sanchez. Why would he come back to a crappy qb. He will want to wait till Smith takes over, which should be around week 3-6, closer to week 5, unless Sanchez really Sh!ts the bed. Sanchez will start no matter what happens against the giants. Rex will go down with Sanchez.
    Didn't Holmes say Sanchez gives the Jets the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall72 View Post
    He's such a clown....can't wait for him to come off the books
    I wouldnt be surprised if Holmes ended up just taking a pay cut and staying. If he has a good year and will stay for 5-6 mil next year I'd consider it. Unless you want to spend anther 10-12 mil on Nicks next years WR class doesnt loo good at all. I'd pass on all of them if we could. Maclin is coming off injury and will likely cost more. Boldin is old and please keep Britt out of NJ. Unless Cotch wants to come back which unlikely there is really not a whole lot that can play even around his level. We have much bigger issues to answer in next year draft in the early rounds and have some money to burn. I think he will end up as Genos security blanket at the end of the year and if that happens I wouldnt be so quick to toss him to FA. Hill, Kerley, and Sparoda are the long term WRs but if you can keep Holmes at a discount why not? Even with a great year I dont think he'd be expensive to keep. We will already be paying him 2.5 to cut him so keeping a guy with his ability for and 2.5-3.5 mil would be a good call IMO.