Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: No Touchdowns

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    I agree this season is a lot more promising than last. No Soprano, Tebow. Offense is looking much better and we will have 3 QBs that can run the Offense. Defense should be a top 6 based on continuity and Rex's hand on it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    There is a veritable Gestapo of Fans who simply cannot tolerate ANY viewpoint that does not march in jackbooted lockstep with their own.

    Express doubts about Sanchez, or list his worst-in-NFL turnovers or well-below-average completion %, and you are treated as if you were worse that a Pats Fan Who Lives in Miami and Married a Bills fan.....

    It's just laughable. It's as if they want to willfully ignore anything and everything that came before (except those four playoff wins Sanchex "led" us to, of course).

    It's difficult to have any kind of rational discoure with people who take anything they disagree with as a personal affront.
    And then there are fans that come into a thread where fans are discussing how the OFFENSE looks better (without mentioning Sanchez) and immediately attack everyone for loving Sanchez when no one here had defended Sanchez.

    Typical conversation in the Churchil household:
    Random family member: "Good morning Churchill"
    Churchill- "What's so good about this morning when Sanchez is still our starting QB."
    DDNY- "+1"

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    There is a veritable Gestapo of Fans who simply cannot tolerate ANY viewpoint that does not march in jackbooted lockstep with their own.

    Express doubts about Sanchez, or list his worst-in-NFL turnovers or well-below-average completion %, and you are treated as if you were worse that a Pats Fan Who Lives in Miami and Married a Bills fan.....

    It's just laughable. It's as if they want to willfully ignore anything and everything that came before (except those four playoff wins Sanchex "led" us to, of course).

    It's difficult to have any kind of rational discoure with people who take anything they disagree with as a personal affront.
    Who is this guy? He's suddenly posting/trollin a lot for someone who joined back in 2008..

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,702
    The offense will be more productive than last year. That's the overall point. How much more is the question

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And then there are fans that come into a thread where fans are discussing how the OFFENSE looks better (without mentioning Sanchez) and immediately attack everyone for loving Sanchez when no one here had defended Sanchez.
    Except reading this thread shows that not what happened. You mentioned the "QB Situation" before I did mate.

    You also appear to have missed (or ignored) my post that, generally, agreed with you "improvement" point almost all down the line, eh?

    Typical conversation in the Churchil household:
    Random family member: "Good morning Churchill"
    Churchill- "What's so good about this morning when Sanchez is still our starting QB."
    DDNY- "+1"
    Lol, no.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,171
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    No one expects you to stop whining. SOJF's will always whine. But some of us look for improvement. I see players like Kerley and Hill getting better. Cumberland looks good. Winslow looks solid. Braylon looks like he hasn't lost a step (granted against backups) and I really like what Spadola brings.

    There was zero to be happy about after last years preseason from our offense. Sure we could all complain about our QB situation, but it is what it is. Hopefully, Geno can put together a great week and snatch the starting job away from Sanchez.

    But I am sorry for ruining your day with my optimism.
    Gates also looks like he will have something to offer. I was derisive of people praising him but it looks like he might be a solid player.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    There is a veritable Gestapo of Fans who simply cannot tolerate ANY viewpoint that does not march in jackbooted lockstep with their own.

    Express doubts about Sanchez, or list his worst-in-NFL turnovers or well-below-average completion %, and you are treated as if you were worse that a Pats Fan Who Lives in Miami and Married a Bills fan.....

    It's just laughable. It's as if they want to willfully ignore anything and everything that came before (except those four playoff wins Sanchex "led" us to, of course).

    It's difficult to have any kind of rational discoure with people who take anything they disagree with as a personal affront.
    LOL - this thread was about the offense in general, not specfically Sanchez. Yet look at who brings his straw man to the dance as soon as possible! Not to mention his Gestapo tactics toward anyone who disagrees.

    If u dont think the offense has looked better this preseason ur entitled to that opinion. But dont act like u cane into this thread w anything but an anti-sanchez agenda . . .

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    LOL - this thread was about the offense in general, not specfically Sanchez.
    Interestingly enough, most of my replies in this thread were about the General offense too. Guess reading them is asking too much.

    If u dont think the offense has looked better this preseason ur entitled to that opinion.
    Thank you for giving me permission to have my own opinion, thats so generous of you.

    My opinion, not that you'll read it, is the offense should indeed be improved, as should Sanchez under MM.

    But dont act like u cane into this thread w anything but an anti-sanchez agenda . . .
    I'll say it again, I don't have an Anti-Sanchez agenda, I have a Pro-Winning-Titles agenda.

    It's not my fault those two are generally considered one and the same by everyone outside a small portion of our fanbase.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Gates also looks like he will have something to offer. I was derisive of people praising him but it looks like he might be a solid player.
    I may have been 100% wrong on the "Jets won't cut McKnight because of KR Duties". It does look like they wanted to give Gates every chance to win it while McKnight was sidelined. Gates has the advantage there, because he does offer something as a WR (not cmuch, but something) while it seems Rex and Co. don't think McKnight offers much as a RB.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Interestingly enough, most of my replies in this thread were about the General offense too. Guess reading them is asking too much.



    Thank you for giving me permission to have my own opinion, thats so generous of you.

    My opinion, not that you'll read it, is the offense should indeed be improved, as should Sanchez under MM.



    I'll say it again, I don't have an Anti-Sanchez agenda, I have a Pro-Winning-Titles agenda.

    It's not my fault those two are generally considered one and the same by everyone outside a small portion of our fanbase.
    and what i think you've been saying as well as me, is that just b/c sanchez will be improved, doesn't mean it's good enough to remain the starter, doesn't mean he'll be an above average starter. all it means is that in this offense he won't look as bad. so what, mcelroy and simms will also look better in this offense. maybe mcelroy will look better than sanchez even though sanchez will be better. big deal.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Gates also looks like he will have something to offer. I was derisive of people praising him but it looks like he might be a solid player.
    I hated Gates last year. Thought he was just a burner with zero WR skills, but I have to agree that he looks to be a pretty solid player so far. Running good routes and getting praise from the staff. He also looks capable of replacing Mcknight on special teams.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I hated Gates last year. Thought he was just a burner with zero WR skills, but I have to agree that he looks to be a pretty solid player so far. Running good routes and getting praise from the staff. He also looks capable of replacing Mcknight on special teams.
    if gates contributes this offense can be way better than advertised. there's speed, size (esp. with bray) and even the TEs are decent with winslow.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He also looks capable of replacing Mcknight on special teams.
    He's not as good a returner as McKnight, but McKnight has health issues, and plays a regular position where there is MUCH more of a traffic jam of talent ahead of him.

    At WR:

    Holmes (if he comes back)
    Hill
    Kerley
    Edwards
    GATES (Probably #5)
    Spadola

    Almost everyone keeps 5-6 WR's, and Gates is in the top 5-6 without question.

    At RB:

    Powell
    Ivory
    Goodson (if he gets out of Rehab)
    Bell (who looked pretty good)
    Bohannon (FB-HBack)

    McKnight is arguably the 6th or worse RB on the current roster. And few teams keep 6 RB's, frankly, even in this "by-committee" era of RB play.

    So as I said, looks like I may have missed the mark of retaining McKnight unless he does somethign special int he last two weeks of Preseason. He looks now like an easily cuttable guy.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,133
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And then there are fans that come into a thread where fans are discussing how the OFFENSE looks better (without mentioning Sanchez) and immediately attack everyone for loving Sanchez when no one here had defended Sanchez.

    Typical conversation in the Churchil household:
    Random family member: "Good morning Churchill"
    Churchill- "What's so good about this morning when Sanchez is still our starting QB."
    DDNY- "+1"
    LOL. Pretty much.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    He's not as good a returner as McKnight, but McKnight has health issues, and plays a regular position where there is MUCH more of a traffic jam of talent ahead of him.

    At WR:

    Holmes (if he comes back)
    Hill
    Kerley
    Edwards
    GATES (Probably #5)
    Spadola

    Almost everyone keeps 5-6 WR's, and Gates is in the top 5-6 without question.

    At RB:

    Powell
    Ivory
    Goodson (if he gets out of Rehab)
    Bell (who looked pretty good)
    Bohannon (FB-HBack)

    McKnight is arguably the 6th or worse RB on the current roster. And few teams keep 6 RB's, frankly, even in this "by-committee" era of RB play.

    So as I said, looks like I may have missed the mark of retaining McKnight unless he does somethign special int he last two weeks of Preseason. He looks now like an easily cuttable guy.

    Looks pretty solid, if only we had a quality QB who can get them the ball consistantly without making a bonehead play every other series.....

    I think Mcknight's career as a Jet hinges on goodson, who is still awol. If Goodson shows up and looks good I think mcknight is gone.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Looks pretty solid, if only we had a quality QB who can get them the ball consistantly without making a bonehead play every other series.....

    I think Mcknight's career as a Jet hinges on goodson, who is still awol. If Goodson shows up and looks good I think mcknight is gone.
    Agreed and agreed. I'm no Holmes fan tbh (for off-field and attitude, not talent, which he had a ton of), but I'm quite pleased with the potential of the skill-set players on the roster at current. TW is a little suspect, but if Winslow can stay healthy and Cumberland continues to improve, it could be a decent enough O group IMO. I'm pleased with this group (and will be more pleased next year when Holmes is gone and a new young WR brought in).

    And definitely agree on mcKnight v. Goodson. McKnight is a Tanny guy. Goodson is a Idzik guy. Comes down to it, assuming Goodson is back and stable (i.e. no jailtime), I'd think Idzik would keep they guy he went out and got, and (it must be said) paid a decent amount of bank to as well.

  17. #37
    the jets were what 6-10 last year and look better so far this preseason. I definitely not settling for a 8-8 season but I'm realistic. They ain't winning a Super Bowl.

  18. #38
    I'd rather celebrate improvement than ***** and moan because we don't look like a 19-0 team after the second preseason game.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    So rational, fact based discussion of the Jets and their players and performance that is not in lockstep with you is "whining", eh? If you say so.



    Funny, that you think you're somehow special for that. We ALL look for improvement.



    Kerley was already good, simply underutilized. Hill was a rookie, so improvement is expected (and he seems to be doing it).



    Agreed. Happily so.



    Braylon has clearly lost a step, but with that said looked better, and should serve a valuable role. I too like what I've seen of Spadola and think he'll be a keeper.



    "It is what it is" has never stopped discussion here about something before, doubt it will stop it now.

    And given that QB is the most vital position on the filed, talk is probably warranted.



    Lol, as if you had that kind of power over my day.

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    I'd rather celebrate improvement than ***** and moan because we don't look like a 19-0 team after basically 2 seasons of sub performance.
    FIXED and yes, perhaps we will win 7 games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us