Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: No Touchdowns

  1. #1

    No Touchdowns

    Last year, Jets had no preseason touchdowns until the fourth preseason game.
    It could be way worse. Quit whining.

  2. #2
    Agreed. Things look significantly better on offense than they did last year. The offense has some punch and creativity. The problem will be Sanchez and his 1 retarded play every 10 or Geno and the ups and downs of a rookie. But the WR's look vastly improved and OL looks solid.

    Losing Coples for a couple of games is a bit of a downer. The guy is a beast.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    It could be way worse.
    Is this what our expectations and desires as fans have been reduced to?

    "It could be way worse", so we (i.e. any critic or doubter) should all stfu?

  4. #4
    There was a plague in England in the middle ages that killed thousands, it ain't that bad, quit complaining.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill;4953343[B
    ]Is this what our expectations and desires as fans have been reduced to?[/B]

    "It could be way worse", so we (i.e. any critic or doubter) should all stfu?
    Agreed. Thats why when Sanchez only turns the ball over ONCE in a game, people get giddy, or when he has a 56% completion rate people think he has turned the corner. The bar has been lowered so much in the past couple years that mediocrity is seen as a quality QB play.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Is this what our expectations and desires as fans have been reduced to?

    "It could be way worse", so we (i.e. any critic or doubter) should all stfu?
    No one expects you to stop whining. SOJF's will always whine. But some of us look for improvement. I see players like Kerley and Hill getting better. Cumberland looks good. Winslow looks solid. Braylon looks like he hasn't lost a step (granted against backups) and I really like what Spadola brings.

    There was zero to be happy about after last years preseason from our offense. Sure we could all complain about our QB situation, but it is what it is. Hopefully, Geno can put together a great week and snatch the starting job away from Sanchez.

    But I am sorry for ruining your day with my optimism.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    No one expects you to stop whining.
    So rational, fact based discussion of the Jets and their players and performance that is not in lockstep with you is "whining", eh? If you say so.

    But some of us look for improvement.
    Funny, that you think you're somehow special for that. We ALL look for improvement.

    I see players like Kerley and Hill getting better.
    Kerley was already good, simply underutilized. Hill was a rookie, so improvement is expected (and he seems to be doing it).

    Cumberland looks good. Winslow looks solid.
    Agreed. Happily so.

    Braylon looks like he hasn't lost a step (granted against backups) and I really like what Spadola brings.
    Braylon has clearly lost a step, but with that said looked better, and should serve a valuable role. I too like what I've seen of Spadola and think he'll be a keeper.

    Sure we could all complain about our QB situation, but it is what it is.
    "It is what it is" has never stopped discussion here about something before, doubt it will stop it now.

    And given that QB is the most vital position on the filed, talk is probably warranted.

    But I am sorry for ruining your day with my optimism.
    Lol, as if you had that kind of power over my day.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. Thats why when Sanchez only turns the ball over ONCE in a game, people get giddy, or when he has a 56% completion rate people think he has turned the corner. The bar has been lowered so much in the past couple years that mediocrity is seen as a quality QB play.
    yes. if sanchez completes over 50% of his passes, has 1 td and 1 int in a half, too many people are happy with this. well, idzik and MM aren't happy, thankfully.

  9. #9
    I'm a realist who leans more pessimist, but I agree with rc. The offense looks pretty decent, a huge step up from,last year. My guy hill jumping up and snatching a high ball with multiple defenders on him was nice to see, Kerley is ole reliable, Bray aims to get physical, the run game was good, receivers were seemingly always open, Cumby looks to easily fill the role of #1 TE, Gates is making Joe expendable and thus freeing up a roster spot.

    If our defense performs as well as they did last year but can stop the run, things aren't looking too bad in Gotham City. Add in the 12 picks and cash we'll have next year, we could easily be back in the mix by 2014.

    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    yes. if sanchez completes over 50% of his passes, has 1 td and 1 int in a half, too many people are happy with this. well, idzik and MM aren't happy, thankfully.
    What's funny is that guys like you and Churchill confuse optimism with love for Sanchez. I don't recall OP or myself ever mentioning that Sanchez is doing better, just that the offense (in some ways despite Sanchez) looks better.

    Sanchez appears to be the same "butt fumbler" he was last year, but the OFFENSE in general still looks better. At least we have a few good drives mixed in between moronic plays. While not acceptable, its still better.

    Did you really expect the Jets to go from worst offense to top 5?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What's funny is that guys like you and Churchill confuse optimism with love for Sanchez. I don't recall OP or myself ever mentioning that Sanchez is doing better, just that the offense (in some ways despite Sanchez) looks better.

    Sanchez appears to be the same "butt fumbler" he was last year, but the OFFENSE in general still looks better. At least we have a few good drives mixed in between moronic plays. While not acceptable, its still better.

    Did you really expect the Jets to go from worst offense to top 5?
    agreed, the offense definitely looks better no matter who the qb is. it gives me hope that if they had a qb who could reduce turnovers they may actually be able to score in bunches.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,125
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What's funny is that guys like you and Churchill confuse optimism with love for Sanchez. I don't recall OP or myself ever mentioning that Sanchez is doing better, just that the offense (in some ways despite Sanchez) looks better.

    Sanchez appears to be the same "butt fumbler" he was last year, but the OFFENSE in general still looks better. At least we have a few good drives mixed in between moronic plays. While not acceptable, its still better.

    Did you really expect the Jets to go from worst offense to top 5?
    That is the most encouraging sign from pre season thus far. There seems to be some semblance of a well thought out offense.

  13. #13
    More so than TDs, I'm excited that we've been able to move the ball. Seems hard not to when receivers seem to always be open.

    I said it before, I have no faith in Sanchez, but in Marty I trust.

    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What's funny is that guys like you and Churchill confuse optimism with love for Sanchez. I don't recall OP or myself ever mentioning that Sanchez is doing better, just that the offense (in some ways despite Sanchez) looks better.

    Sanchez appears to be the same "butt fumbler" he was last year, but the OFFENSE in general still looks better. At least we have a few good drives mixed in between moronic plays. While not acceptable, its still better.

    Did you really expect the Jets to go from worst offense to top 5?


    Yeah, but you do love Rex!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Last year, Jets had no preseason touchdowns until the fourth preseason game.
    It could be way worse. Quit whining.
    We are not whining...we are honsestly evaluating the play of a 5th pick QB who is ranked behind a few back ups in the league.


    You play tee ball without score as a kid?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That is the most encouraging sign from pre season thus far. There seems to be some semblance of a well thought out offense.
    Yeah, if i had to pick a preseason MVP for the Jets it would be MM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    No one expects you to stop whining. SOJF's will always whine. But some of us look for improvement. I see players like Kerley and Hill getting better. Cumberland looks good. Winslow looks solid. Braylon looks like he hasn't lost a step (granted against backups) and I really like what Spadola brings.

    There was zero to be happy about after last years preseason from our offense. Sure we could all complain about our QB situation, but it is what it is. Hopefully, Geno can put together a great week and snatch the starting job away from Sanchez.

    But I am sorry for ruining your day with my optimism.
    Dude, get with the program.

    Optimism = kool-aid fans who are incapable of independent thought

    Pessimism = undeniable logic that guarantees the outcome of the season before it's even been played . . .

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Dude, get with the program.

    Optimism = kool-aid fans who are incapable of independent thought

    Pessimism = undeniable logic that guarantees the outcome of the season before it's even been played . . .
    Straw man much?

    Outside of sanchez, your statement is a completely false account to most of whats being said on JI at current.

    It's amazing how deeply held the manlove for Sanchez is that it makes some folks come to loathe their fellow fans more than our most bitter rivals.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Is this what our expectations and desires as fans have been reduced to?

    "It could be way worse", so we (i.e. any critic or doubter) should all stfu?
    +1. This loser mindset is way worse than SOJF. And it is an argument fans tend to make a lot.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1. This loser mindset is way worse than SOJF. And it is an argument fans tend to make a lot.
    There is a veritable Gestapo of Fans who simply cannot tolerate ANY viewpoint that does not march in jackbooted lockstep with their own.

    Express doubts about Sanchez, or list his worst-in-NFL turnovers or well-below-average completion %, and you are treated as if you were worse that a Pats Fan Who Lives in Miami and Married a Bills fan.....

    It's just laughable. It's as if they want to willfully ignore anything and everything that came before (except those four playoff wins Sanchex "led" us to, of course).

    It's difficult to have any kind of rational discoure with people who take anything they disagree with as a personal affront.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us