Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Idzik on Goodson: "I expect to see him in a Jets uniform"

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Idzik on Goodson: "I expect to see him in a Jets uniform"

    @KMart_LIIdzik said "yes, I would expect" to see Mike Goodson in a #NYJ uniform #jets

    @KMart_LI"Once ur a #NYJ, we're going to support you." -- #Jets GM John Idzik



    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    any info on his whereabouts or timetable for return?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCiminiIdzik, on absent RB Mike Goodson, says, "Yes, I would expect him" at some point. Wouldn't divulge anything else. #Jets

    I'm convinced he's been in rehab this entire time.

    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NFL isn't a social worker's charity. It's a business.

    If he's not here, and/or doesn't produce on the field when he is here, he should be cut.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell it to Idzik.

    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The NFL isn't a social worker's charity. It's a business.

    If he's not here, and/or doesn't produce on the field when he is here, he should be cut.
    And if they're simply holding on to him as an act of charity, I agree with you.

    But if they believe they have something in him, I'm willing to wait. It's not like we have any diamonds in the rough jumping at the chance to take his spot . . .

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @KMart_LIIdzik said "yes, I would expect" to see Mike Goodson in a #NYJ uniform #jets

    @KMart_LI"Once ur a #NYJ, we're going to support you." -- #Jets GM John Idzik

    I think that basically says Goodson is in rehab.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely sounds like rehab. Why else would they not have a timetable or be able to divulge any other info?

    If I wasn't so down on McKnight, I'd join the "cut Goodson" crew. But MG can contribute as the 3rd RB on this team. He's not going to take many reps from the first two guys, but he's faster than Powell, has better hands than Ivory, and can return kicks.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The NFL isn't a social worker's charity. It's a business.

    If he's not here, and/or doesn't produce on the field when he is here, he should be cut.
    I think there are very specific laws about firing/cutting someone while they are in rehab. I don't think the Jets could legally cut him for going to rehab. I also suspect they can't say anything about him being in rehab, legally.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate.


    Offense looks better.

    Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Edwards, Gates, Spadola?

    Cumberland, Winslow, Rueland.

    Ivory, Powell, Goodson ,


    The media portrays the offense to be a disaster, but if Hill develops in the least that is not a bad group

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I think there are very specific laws about firing/cutting someone while they are in rehab.
    Really? NFL rules or employment rules, because last I checked, being a drug addict is cause for termination at most places of employ....if they want that outcome.

    Also, if he's in Rehab, why has there been no positive drug tests for him lately? NFL testing drop the ball?

    Or is this "Rehab" like the San Diego Mayor's "Rehab". PR to make him and the Jets look better after the loldrama that was him, drunk and maybe high, passed out with a gun, in the middle of a highway?

    /shrug

    Forgive me, I have very little tolerence for this kind fo foolish distraction drama. This is not how you win titles.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The NFL isn't a social worker's charity. It's a business.

    If he's not here, and/or doesn't produce on the field when he is here, he should be cut.
    And he will be cut if he doesn't produce. I expect him to produce.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who says he's a drug addict? And who gets addicted to WEED? If he's in rehab, it's probably for alcohol. That would answer the drug testing question, seeing as I'm pretty sure alcohol isn't against the league's drug policy.

    And what distraction? This is the most we've heard of him this entire camp.

    #SwaggingWhileTalking

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The NFL isn't a social worker's charity. It's a business.

    If he's not here, and/or doesn't produce on the field when he is here, he should be cut.
    And he will be cut if he doesn't produce. I expect him to produce.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Haters gonna hate.


    Offense looks better.

    Holmes, Kerley, Hill, Edwards, Gates, Spadola?

    Cumberland, Winslow, Rueland.

    Ivory, Powell, Goodson ,


    The media portrays the offense to be a disaster, but if Hill develops in the least that is not a bad group
    They ALREADY look better than last year... which isn't hard to do.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I agree with you his off the field stuff is a distraction. Drug addiction is not a cause for termination but looked at as a disability under labor laws. Agree or disagree it is what it is.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like the Fembots of JI to kick a man when he's down and at his lowest.

    Some of you creepoids saying simply cut the man because he is supposedly in rehab are a$$holes. Would you act that way towards a family member who needs/needed help?

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Would you act that way towards a family member who needs/needed help?
    If I was paying my Family Member $2 million dollars a year, and they were found passed out, with a gun, on a highway, then entered rehab and was unavilable to perform the task for which they were hired.....

    .....yes, I would fire my Family Member at that point.

    Of course, the NFL ISN'T family, certainly not for fans, nor do players treat us fans like we're family in any form.

    It's a business. If he can perform, great, pay the man. If not, see ya, without a shred of tears cried over his choice to engage in self-destructive behaviours.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If I was paying my Family Member $2 million dollars a year, and they were found passed out, with a gun, on a highway, then entered rehab and was unavilable to perform the task for which they were hired.....

    .....yes, I would fire my Family Member at that point.

    Of course, the NFL ISN'T family, certainly not for fans, nor do players treat us fans like we're family in any form.

    It's a business. If he can perform, great, pay the man. If not, see ya, without a shred of tears cried over his choice to engage in self-destructive behaviours.
    Football has been rewarding criminals for years. Nothing new. Personally I'd love to see Idzik void the guy's contract. Simply as a message to the rest of the team.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Football has been rewarding criminals for years. Nothing new. Personally I'd love to see Idzik void the guy's contract. Simply as a message to the rest of the team.
    Cut off the nose to spite the face....an old saying.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us