Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets practice 8/19 news thread

@RichCiminiHearing that Kenrick Ellis has stiff back, not believed to be serious. Kept out as a precaution. Still bears watching, though. #Jets

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @CLoprestiWFANFor now, it's McIntrye taking 1st team reps in place of Coples at OLB. I expected to see more of Barnes and Sapp. #NYJ

Steiny gonna cry for hours

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    As will I. If McIntyre is the starting OLB in place of Coples, I predict that those will be some unhappy games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Go ahead and use that clever little search feature this board has, and look up threads I've posted in regarding anything to do with India. I'm sure 32, crash, play2win, jamaican, the mo, and a list of others can attest to my strong sense of humor, particularly when it comes to my own culture and religion.

However, you'll have to excuse me this one time as I didn't find the joke appropriate in a news thread referencing a post that had nothing to do with Sanjay or his background. Even then, all I did was express my mild displeasure, and joked that 7-11s don't sell coaches. If you think that was an overreaction to a clearly derogatory post, I can quickly type up 500 powerful words on just how unpleasant that was for me to read as a die-hard football fan, a fan of the Jets in particular, and the pride I take in the fact that in an already exclusive NFL coaches club, someone who shares my heritage finally broke his way in.

Humor can be fickle when it brushes against something near to your heart.
    I didn't read the thread yet, but I have to say I find it quite amusing that you suggest a google search to prove you have a sense of humor, and then have some people vouch for your funniness. Reminds me of "Good morning Vietnam".

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: I understand you're pretty funny as a dee-jay and, well, comedy is kind of a hobby of mine. Well, actually, it's a little more than just a hobby, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes.

Adrian Cronauer: Really.

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: Yeah. And perhaps some night we could maybe get together and swap humorous stories, for fun.

Adrian Cronauer: Oh, why not? Maybe play a couple of Tennessee Ernie Ford records, that'd be a hoot.

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: That's a joke, right?

Adrian Cronauer: Maybe.

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: I get it.
    Share this

[the audience response to Hauk replacing Cronauer on the radio]

Staff Sgt. Dreiwitz: Sir, these letters are unequivocal! Uh, e.g.

[reads a letter]

Staff Sgt. Dreiwitz: "Hey, Hauk. Eat a bag of ****. You suck." Now that's pretty much to the point, sir, not much gray area in this one.
    Share this

Adrian Cronauer: What's the demilitarized zone? It sounds like something from the Wizard of Oz "Oh no don't go in there!" "Ohhh wee ohh. Ho Chi Minh." "Oh look you've landed in Saigon. You're amongst the little people now." "We represent the ARVN army, the ARVN army. Oh no! Follow the Ho Chi Minh trail! Follow the Ho Chi Minh trail!"
    Share this

Lieutenant Steven Hauk: I think some apologies are in order.
    Share this

Adrian Cronauer: [On Lt. Hauk] In the dictionary under "*******" it says "See him."
    Share this

Lt. Steven Hauk: Who do we have slated for live entertainment in November?

Phil McPherson: Well, we originally wanted Bob Hope, but it turns out he won't come.

Lt. Steven Hauk: Why not?

Edward Garlick: He doesn't play police actions, just wars. Bob likes a big room, sir.

Lt. Steven Hauk: That is not funny!

Private Abersold: How about if it escalated?

Lt. Steven Hauk: How about if what escalated?

Private Abersold: The Vietnam conflict.

Lt. Steven Hauk: The Vietnam conflict. We are not going to escalate a whole war just so we can book a big name comedian!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    No, he hasn't. Braylon still drops the occasional gimme pass.
    I can't remember the last time Edwards dropped a gimme. Of course, I didn't watch his time with SF or Seattle.

Jets Insider VIP
    @SethWalderNYDNRex said McIntyre will essentially replace Coples because Barnes is more of just a pass rusher. #nyj

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    And McIntyre has limited speed and is terrible in coverage.

I'd rather have the pass rusher and disrupt the passing game.

But we need Ellis to be healthy to help control the run defense. Either way, without Ellis, we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I have to say I find it quite amusing that you suggest a google search to prove you have a sense of humor, and then have some people vouch for your funniness.
    See, my post amused you. My strong sense of humor at work again. Now I can add you to the list of people who can vouch for me.

@KMart_LIGeno on INTs: "The best thing to do is not show any emotion. ...Every QB throws INTs...but u don't let it affect ur mental state." #jets

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    @DWAZ73McIntyre will fill in for Coples primarily because "he's earned it" and Barnes will be a pass-rushing guy.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Rex needs another talent-limited, underachieving "pet" now that Eric Smith is gone.

I'm waiting for Rex to go all LOLRaider58136 and tell us how EXPLOSIVE he is.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

@KMart_LIRex said Antwan Barnes will be used primarily for pass-rushing #jets

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Don't give away all the jets secrets Rex. Who will be blitzing should be confidential ... Lets tell the whole world that #95 will be blitzing everytime he's in the gm. cmon man!

Jets Insider VIP
    @KMart_LIAntwan Barnes said #Jets D was "caught off guard" by Jags' no-huddle. "But we learned our lesson. We’re going to get it again in NE."

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    And probably against several other teams if they know you can't defend it. Better get it together.

Jets Insider VIP
    @CLoprestiWFAN Rex calls Antwan Barnes "a pro". Says he COULD line up and play 60 snaps but they brought him in to rush the passer. #NYJ

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    But McIntyre is going to start.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    As will I. If McIntyre is the starting OLB in place of Coples, I predict that those will be some unhappy games.
    If he is it will be on running downs only. I've checked the numbers, and I don't think Barnes is as bad against the run as people think. Sapp also, although he made a few mistakes, set the edge pretty nicely on Saturday. The last thing I want is for Calvin to move back over to the "rush" position.

Jets Insider VIP
    @KristianRDyerSolid showing today from Tommy Bohanon, picking up his blocking assignments well. Also, Jeff Cumberland is making plays, looking polished.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Looking forward to some T-Bo. That was a nice pick by Idzik.

That's his hand-picked fullback in theeeeeeere.

But really, I like T-Bo.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    See, my post amused you. My strong sense of humor at work again. Now I can add you to the list of people who can vouch for me.
    Feel free to list me. I got your back bro.

Jets Insider VIP

But really, I like T-Bo.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    He's showed me more in one pre-season game then Rex' pick (Conner) showed in 2 seasons.

But really, I like T-Bo.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    T-Bo has some talent, nice versatility, pass catching, kind of like what we were supposed to have in Josh Baker last year before he got hurt.

Yeah, and he seems like a solid guy, mentally. Stressed how important technique was in an interview.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He's showed me more in one pre-season game then Rex' pick (Conner) showed in 2 seasons.
    Conner is having another great Hard Knocks.