Thread: PFF Jets Preview

All League

PFF Jets Preview

Nice to read a preview that doesn't have the tone of "lol Jets let's hurry up and get this over with"

Veteran
    Good read, realistic objective...

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    Nice to read a preview that doesn't have the tone of "lol Jets let's hurry up and get this over with"
    They are saying that is Pick6 is playing behind center.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    I mean if we can have Mark throw one a game ints thats 16 and if his TD stat goes up to 23-33 i would take that any day with this team people dont realize we got geno in the second but really our 3rd pick we have no pressure to play nor owe anything to him i just dont think no matter how bad Mark is that Geno can step in and fix things i rather go 8-8 or 7-9 with Sanchez then go through The season with a ROOKIE QB...

.thats just me...i think hw can figure the O out and help us win games...isnt that what they want anyway ? A game manager....with a stout D?
    i mean if a five year vet cant o that he is just out there taking reps to be a 2nd string QB...I dont know I might be a homer but i think Mark gives us the best chance to win NOW!

All League
    The most important part of this article.

Reasons to be Concerned

1. Mark Sanchez

While there is optimism surrounding Smith arriving in New York, the same can’t be said for the continued presence of Mark Sanchez. It’s at that stage now, and has been for a while to be fair, where it’s difficult to understand why he’s still in the mix for a starting job, considering how bad he has been. He’s been in the league for four years and has a cumulative PFF grade of (-80.1) in that time, while his best season saw him grade out at a meager -7.2! There are certain mistakes that teams can live with from young quarterbacks, for some of them its part of the process they go through as they develop but this has gone on for four years now. Four years down the line and we still see the same mistakes from Sanchez. It looked as if the team was at least looking to replace him both short term and long term when they added David Garrard in free agency before drafting Smith, but that was ruined by Garrard’s injuries proving too much for him to come back from. Now they are left with the options of starting a second round rookie or rolling the dice on Sanchez again when they already know which side it will land on.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    I mean if we can have Mark throw one a game ints thats 16 and if his TD stat goes up to 23-33 i would take that any day with this team people dont realize we got geno in the second but really our 3rd pick we have no pressure to play nor owe anything to him i just dont think no matter how bad Mark is that Geno can step in and fix things i rather go 8-8 or 7-9 with Sanchez then go through The season with a ROOKIE QB...

.thats just me...i think hw can figure the O out and help us win games...isnt that what they want anyway ? A game manager....with a stout D?
    i mean if a five year vet cant o that he is just out there taking reps to be a 2nd string QB...I dont know I might be a homer but i think Mark gives us the best chance to win NOW!
    I'd rather start Geno and go 1 - 15 giving him a year experience behind center, than a wasted season of 8-8 with Sanchez.

YES YES YES. Or at least see if he is the one.