Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cities Bigger Than Boston...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Good call buddy!
    Hey, help me out buddy. seriously, did you make a thread to alert people to the fact that there are cities with a higher population than Boston?

Why is this thread on a football forum?

Please delete

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Hey, help me out buddy. seriously, did you make a thread to alert people to the fact that there are cities with a higher population than Boston?
    LOLZ!!!

I didn't start the thread brah.

However, I see it is bothering you... Perhaps you could send a complaint in to Mgmt?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The purpose of this thread?
    Mental Retardation appears to be the likely cause.

Should "bigger" in the title be changed to "better"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Mental Retardation appears to be the likely cause.
    EXCUSE ME!!!!

How DARE you use such FOWL language in this day and age!
    Thanks a LOT for reverting us back to last century, jerk!!!!

What is the point of this thread. Some cities consider the metro area as part of the city, and some dont. Boston's actual city is far smaller than most big cities (140th). Boston's metro area is big. Most of the people on this board don't actually live in New York City (or New York State for that matter)...

Jersey City and Elizabeth? Yeah! You're right! WAY better food as well!
    This post removes any slight credibility you may have had

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    What is the point of this thread. Some cities consider the metro area as part of the city, and some dont. Boston's actual city is far smaller than most big cities (140th). Boston's metro area is big. Most of the people on this board don't actually live in New York City (or New York State for that matter)...
    I lived in Boston for a long time.

NYC as well.

Anyhoo...

Columbia, SC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    This post removes any slight credibility you may have had
    Sheeit.... Only Boston food I miss is Boston Burger Co in Davis and Regina's (the real one) and a handful of places in the North End.

Outside of BBC, all of those can be beaten in Elizabeth. (if you know where to go)

You can't even find goon Indian food there! Took me about 6 years before I found any decent Ind food! (there IS a good, CHEAP place in Somerville, but they only serve a couple things)
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 08-20-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I googled nicest downtown cities and Boston and NYC weren't on this list Portland Oregon was first. Go figure.
    ie., http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efel45eddf/chicago-ill/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I googled nicest downtown cities and Boston and NYC weren't on this list Portland Oregon was first. Go figure.
    ie., http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efel45eddf/chicago-ill/
    Because Oregon is fukkin amazing.

Banned
    Central Park

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    El Paso, TX...
    Murray Hill

Sheeit.... Only Boston food I miss is Boston Burger Co in Davis and Regina's (the real one) and a handful of places in the North End. Outside of BBC, all of those can be beaten in Elizabeth. (if you know where to go) You can't even find goon Indian food there! Took me about 6 years before I found any decent Ind food! (there IS a good, CHEAP place in Somerville, but they only serve a couple things)
    Hint: the best burgers in the Boston area are NOT served at Boston Burger Co. Just like the best Italian in the Boston area is NOT found in the North End. For that matter, the best restaurant in the North End isn't even Italian, it's a seafood restaurant.

Banned
    Hint: the best burgers in the Boston area are NOT served at Boston Burger Co. Just like the best Italian in the Boston area is NOT found in the North End. For that matter, the best restaurant in the North End isn't even Italian, it's a seafood restaurant.
    Don't tell me O'Sullivan's (is that the name? with the softball burgers?) And you don't have to have Savenor's beef for a great burger.
    My favorite Italian joint in Boston is actually in Beacon Hill.
    As for Seafood, not denying the quality of that up there... I don't particularly like seafood, but since you bring it up, you can't find good Japanese or Chinese there either!
    Drove me NUTS!
    But I've been spoiled by good cooks. whaddyagonnado

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Who cares about living in a bigger city?

I myself prefer less populated areas.

Most people piss me off, and living around 8 million of them doesn't exactly suit me.

Don't tell me O'Sullivan's (is that the name? with the softball burgers?) And you don't have to have Savenor's beef for a great burger. My favorite Italian joint in Boston is actually in Beacon Hill. As for Seafood, not denying the quality of that up there... I don't particularly like seafood, but since you bring it up, you can't find good Japanese or Chinese there either! Drove me NUTS! But I've been spoiled by good cooks. whaddyagonnado
    Keep talking and keep losing credibility. O'Sullivan's burgers suck IMO. Yes, you don't need aged tenderloin to make a good burger, and Boston has it's share of incredible high end $17-$20 burgers on the menu, but you can get an incredible burger made from short ribs for only $8 in the downtown area at a world class restaurant. Best Italian is in Eastie. If you're talking about about Grotto or Figs in Beacon Hill you're nuts. Good Japanese? I'd put O Ya up against any place in NYC. And are you kidding me with no good Chinese? I guess you've never been to Chinatown and ordered lobster, or whole fish, or pig cheeks, or chicken feet, or dim sum, or anything else off the Chinese language menu. Pity you spent all those years in a world class city and yet missed out on some of the best food in the known universe.

Banned
    Keep talking and keep losing credibility. O'Sullivan's burgers suck IMO. Yes, you don't need aged tenderloin to make a good burger, and Boston has it's share of incredible high end $17-$20 burgers on the menu, but you can get an incredible burger made from short ribs for only $8 in the downtown area at a world class restaurant. Best Italian is in Eastie. If you're talking about about Grotto or Figs in Beacon Hill you're nuts. Good Japanese? I'd put O Ya up against any place in NYC. And are you kidding me with no good Chinese? I guess you've never been to Chinatown and ordered lobster, or whole fish, or pig cheeks, or chicken feet, or dim sum, or anything else off the Chinese language menu. Pity you spent all those years in a world class city and yet missed out on some of the best food in the known universe.
    Very good Italian in Eastie... And FIGS?! BLECH!!! Don't know Grotto. Figs makes me gag every time I've tried it.
    And I am very familiar with the Chinatown joints.
    I didn't miss out... Just have had better elsewhere. (and I never specifically said NYC, btw) You guys have your seafood... That's nice.

So you ordered off the Chinese language menus and not the round eye ones? Totally different foods. Totally different preparation. Totally different level of awesome.