Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Sociology: Three Kids Gun Down White Man due to "Boredom"

Today in Sociology: Three Kids Gun Down White Man due to "Boredom"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/20...ma-for-fun-it/

and

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

Interestingly, unlike a recent famous case of supposed unprovoked shooting death, the race of the three youths is stuiously not being mentioned anywhere.

Or almost anywhere...some reports have stated it was three African American Youths, some have said two African Americans and an unidentified third.

So, three kids, who go on a shooting drive to kill someone "for fun" because of "boredom" and select a white male to murder, a young college baseball player.

college Imagaine, if you will, if three white kids in Oklahoma decided to go driving around to kill someone "for fun" due to "boredom", and choose a young african american baseball player......the protests alone would be ongoing for months. The cries of racism and racist nation and how we're all racists. The demands for sensativity training, civil rights investigations by the DOJ, and and endless parade of commentatros chiding us all for the racist nation we have built.

But no, we'll get some news today, and then the story is gone, and no one will ask if the target was selected due to his race, because no one cares.

An interesting example.

This thread will be 47 percent of all the coverage this story gets.

I was in Atlanta MANY years ago, driving downtown when there was a shooting. NO RADIO STATIONS reported the shooter as black when they actually knew who he was.

There I was , in bumper to bumber traffic , the shooter out in the streets a few blocks from me, cops everywhere and we were told via radio "he was a six foot man in a green jacket."

Fukkin ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I was in Atlanta MANY years ago, driving downtown when there was a shooting. NO RADIO STATIONS reported the shooter as black when they actually knew who he was.

There I was , in bumper to bumber traffic , the shooter out in the streets a few blocks from me, cops everywhere and we were told via radio "he was a six foot man in a green jacket."

Fukkin ridiculous.
    Sounds like Newsday. They only print the race of a suspect when it sounds like Vinny from the South Shore.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Australian newspaper in Melbourne is all over this story (for obvious reasons). It's interesting to read the comments on that article -- all the commenters are calling for absolute gun control in the US like they have in Australia. Apples and oranges, but interesting nonetheless

As for the crime itself, it's absolutely horrible. I'm glad those little bastards were caught quickly.

Hall Of Fame
    They will be very bored in their 5 x 7.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You are a CPA?...I would love to see how this equals 47% of the coverage. Can you show me the breakdown of how that would be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You are a CPA?...I would love to see how this equals 47% of the coverage. Can you show me the breakdown of how that would be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The Australian newspaper in Melbourne is all over this story (for obvious reasons). It's interesting to read the comments on that article -- all the commenters are calling for absolute gun control in the US like they have in Australia. Apples and oranges, but interesting nonetheless

As for the crime itself, it's absolutely horrible. I'm glad those little bastards were caught quickly.
    Yeah.... I forgot about the Australian press. If you think this gets coverage outside conservative talk...well, we'll see.

The hypocrisy is alarming, and as a black man the race of these guys should be put out there...but there is no real story for the media to get ratings off of so no one will care. That kid died for no reason and truthfully I didn't even think about the races until someone mentioned it on another board...I actually thought it was white dudes because they DIDN'T mention race...once I saw the australian kid I just thought a bunch of bored hillbillies just killed him for no reason (please excuse my assumption here...I'm just being honest on what I thought when I first heard about this..)

I love how all these black celebs were wearing the hoodies, and showing support...justice for Traeyvon etc...but not a peep will be said from these clowns over this. Will Jay Z and Diddy express outrage over this ....not likely, and Sharpton will just ignore it.

Frankly it's just a sad day for this kids family, and to be targeted and killed for no reason is more to do with not race, and/or how is it portrayed...but just how bad it has become that it seems more and more teenagers are killing people everyday..it's the wild west out there.

I grew up in Newark NJ, and I have a buddy who still works downtown there. He was so angry one day when he was trying to get home from work, and there was this huge protest going on down by the Prudential Center over the Zimmerman case. Keep in mind all these people are protesting yet at that moment in time there we something like 40 murders in Newark so far for the year...yet no protest over those deaths...people protesting over a murder that happened over 500 miles away...it's absolutely nuts to me.

Shame that a lot of my people are so lost in this world and can't use their own brain...but it sadly will never change.
    Last edited by Chase; 08-20-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: what's with this ad in my post?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    The hypocrisy is alarming, and as a black man the race of these guys should be put out there...but there is no real story for the media to get ratings off of so no one will care. That kid died for no reason and truthfully I didn't even think about the races until someone mentioned it on another board...I actually thought it was white dudes because they DIDN'T mention race...once I saw the australian kid I just thought a bunch of bored hillbillies just killed him for no reason (please excuse my assumption here...I'm just being honest on what I thought when I first heard about this..)

I love how all these black celebs were wearing the hoodies, and showing support...justice for Traeyvon etc...but not a peep will be said from these clowns over this. Will Jay Z and Diddy express outrage over this ....not likely, and Sharpton will just ignore it.

Frankly it's just a sad day for this kids family, and to be targeted and killed for no reason is more to do with not race, and/or how is it portrayed...but just how bad it has become that it seems more and more teenagers are killing people everyday..it's the wild west out there.

I grew up in Newark NJ, and I have a buddy who still works downtown there. He was so angry one day when he was trying to get home from work, and there was this huge protest going on down by the Prudential Center over the Zimmerman case. Keep in mind all these people are protesting yet at that moment in time there we something like 40 murders in Newark so far for the year...yet no protest over those deaths...people protesting over a murder that happened over 500 miles away...it's absolutely nuts to me.

Shame that a lot of my people are so lost in this world and can't use their own brain...but it sadly will never change.

Nice Post. You would think in a country where the President of the US is Black, that kids would aspire to make something of themselves; however, everything is not so simple. I think as a starter taking the guns away would do wonders for crime. You have whites that do that crap too and who knows why eg., that creep in Denver that killed a bunch in the movies, or that mental guy in Connecticut.

Teenagers who have access to guns is a recipe for disaster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post

Nice Post. You would think in a country where the President of the US is Black, that kids would aspire to make something of themselves; however, everything is not so simple. I think as a starter taking the guns away would do wonders for crime. You have whites that do that crap too and who knows why eg., that creep in Denver that killed a bunch in the movies, or that mental guy in Connecticut.

Teenagers who have access to guns is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/20...ma-for-fun-it/

and

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

Interestingly, unlike a recent famous case of supposed unprovoked shooting death, the race of the three youths is stuiously not being mentioned anywhere.

Or almost anywhere...some reports have stated it was three African American Youths, some have said two African Americans and an unidentified third.

So, three kids, who go on a shooting drive to kill someone "for fun" because of "boredom" and select a white male to murder, a young college baseball player.

college Imagaine, if you will, if three white kids in Oklahoma decided to go driving around to kill someone "for fun" due to "boredom", and choose a young african american baseball player......the protests alone would be ongoing for months. The cries of racism and racist nation and how we're all racists. The demands for sensativity training, civil rights investigations by the DOJ, and and endless parade of commentatros chiding us all for the racist nation we have built.

But no, we'll get some news today, and then the story is gone, and no one will ask if the target was selected due to his race, because no one cares.

An interesting example.
    Good post. It's sadly all true.

All League
    On a side note it's frustrating how the POTUS is in the position where he can tell the black community to get their house in order but refuses to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Sure the POTUS telling kids to pull up their pants, refrain from using the n-word and staying in school wouldn't solve everything but he has credibility everyone before him did not in addressing the issue. Instead Obama latches onto the divisive issues by portraying Martin as a choir boy and condemning a Cambridge police officer for "acting stupidly" for arresting a black college professor. He is rightfully a role model for the black community yet his silence is deafening.

isn't one of the kids white?

Hall Of Fame
    I think you know what he means.

Jets Insider VIP
    He kind of looks mixed. Zimm was mixed too but considered white because it fit an agenda.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 08-20-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    He kind of looks mixed. Zimm was mixed too but considered white because it fit an agenda.
    Well lets say hes black. Sooth needs the hits.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think you know what he means.
    I so and I don't think he got my joke.

But also..he's wrong...it's all over the news, top story on CNN.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well lets say hes black. Sooth needs the hits.
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    I so and I don't think he got my joke.

But also..he's wrong...it's all over the news, top story on CNN.
    Right, but why does CNN and every other story by mainstream media not say that at least 2 out of the 3 perps were black?

In the Zimm case every story said "White Hispanic (LOL still) shoots black kid." Why no distinction now?