Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today in Sociology: Three Kids Gun Down White Man due to "Boredom"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Sounds like Newsday. They only print the race of a suspect when it sounds like Vinny from the South Shore.
    wtf....has your house been moved to Manhasset?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    The hypocrisy is alarming, and as a black man the race of these guys should be put out there...but there is no real story for the media to get ratings off of so no one will care. That kid died for no reason and truthfully I didn't even think about the races until someone mentioned it on another board...I actually thought it was white dudes because they DIDN'T mention race...once I saw the australian kid I just thought a bunch of bored hillbillies just killed him for no reason (please excuse my assumption here...I'm just being honest on what I thought when I first heard about this..)

I love how all these black celebs were wearing the hoodies, and showing support...justice for Traeyvon etc...but not a peep will be said from these clowns over this. Will Jay Z and Diddy express outrage over this ....not likely, and Sharpton will just ignore it.

Frankly it's just a sad day for this kids family, and to be targeted and killed for no reason is more to do with not race, and/or how is it portrayed...but just how bad it has become that it seems more and more teenagers are killing people everyday..it's the wild west out there.

I grew up in Newark NJ, and I have a buddy who still works downtown there. He was so angry one day when he was trying to get home from work, and there was this huge protest going on down by the Prudential Center over the Zimmerman case. Keep in mind all these people are protesting yet at that moment in time there we something like 40 murders in Newark so far for the year...yet no protest over those deaths...people protesting over a murder that happened over 500 miles away...it's absolutely nuts to me.

Shame that a lot of my people are so lost in this world and can't use their own brain...but it sadly will never change.
    Thanks for the honesty, Again ( I have referenced this before here..) Libs care not for the folks whose cause they purport to champion, they care only for how they themselves appear..advocating a cause. The media is rife with libs who think of minorities as pets...and as such expect nothing from them...and screech at anyone who would hold them accountable.

Jets Insider VIP
    promo201306392.jpeg

One is white.

Hall Of Fame
    Media has put a nice spin on this. Gun control.

Apparently Australia is calling for a boycott of the US. LO-phucking-L. Is that a threat or a promise? Is there a big enough ship so we can send all of them back to their penal colony?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justic...oma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    promo201306392.jpeg

One is white.
    Well that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Thanks for the honesty, Again ( I have referenced this before here..) Libs care not for the folks whose cause they purport to champion, they care only for how they themselves appear..advocating a cause. The media is rife with libs who think of minorities as pets...and as such expect nothing from them...and screech at anyone who would hold them accountable.
    You forgot "hand-wringing."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Media has put a nice spin on this. Gun control.

Apparently Australia is calling for a boycott of the US. LO-phucking-L. Is that a threat or a promise? Is there a big enough ship so we can send all of them back to their penal colony?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justic...oma/index.html
    buncha dicks over there

Jets Insider VIP
    inadvertent double post
    Last edited by quantum; 08-22-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You forgot "hand-wringing."
    I did? I must be slipping.

Did I forget cynically disingenuous and pandering, too?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I did? I must be slipping.

Did I forget cynically disingenuous and pandering, too?

-
    Yes. WTF...put this on cut n paste will ya!

not really

if they were caught and released, THEN it would be an interesting example. These guys got caught and will pay dearly for it but your valid point is not lost on me.

where is al sharpton and jesse?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/20...ma-for-fun-it/

and

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

Interestingly, unlike a recent famous case of supposed unprovoked shooting death, the race of the three youths is stuiously not being mentioned anywhere.

Or almost anywhere...some reports have stated it was three African American Youths, some have said two African Americans and an unidentified third.

So, three kids, who go on a shooting drive to kill someone "for fun" because of "boredom" and select a white male to murder, a young college baseball player.

college Imagaine, if you will, if three white kids in Oklahoma decided to go driving around to kill someone "for fun" due to "boredom", and choose a young african american baseball player......the protests alone would be ongoing for months. The cries of racism and racist nation and how we're all racists. The demands for sensativity training, civil rights investigations by the DOJ, and and endless parade of commentatros chiding us all for the racist nation we have built.

But no, we'll get some news today, and then the story is gone, and no one will ask if the target was selected due to his race, because no one cares.

An interesting example.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think how these incidents are handled by the media and government is important especially with Holder and Obama picking sides before even knowing the details.

On the heels of news that three Oklahoma teens allegedly shot and killed an Australian jogger for sport, former Florida Republican Rep. Allen West lashed out at President Obama and the “race industry crew.”“‘We were bored & decided to kill somebody.’ 3 black teens shoot white jogger.Who will POTUS identify w/this time?” West tweeted Tuesday afternoon with a link to a New York Post article on the matter.
    Following the acquittal of shooter George Zimmerman for the murder of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, Obama said that Martin ”could have been me 35 years ago.” Earlier, Obama had said that if he had a son, “he’d look like Trayvon.” (RELATED: The racists Tweets of one of the accused teenagers)
    West cast a wider net on Facebook.
    “[S]hall we hear anything from the race industry crew, Hollywood elites, or maybe Oprah Winfrey? The issue is not about proliferation of guns in America. This is about a failing black community and the fact that its young men are desensitized to violence because a gangsta culture promotes it,” West wrote on Facebook, reiterating his Twitter question. “So who will President Obama identify with in this case?”
    Chancey Allen Luna, 16, and James Francis Edwards Jr., 15, have been charged with first-degree murder in the Friday shooting death of Australian baseball player Chris Lane in Duncan, Oklahoma. Michael Dewayne Jones, 17, is being charged with the use of a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact to murder.
    Jones told police that the teens killed Lane “for the fun of it” and because they “were bored and decided to kill somebody.”
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/al...#ixzz2cdHVSEjt

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Right, but why does CNN and every other story by mainstream media not say that at least 2 out of the 3 perps were black?

In the Zimm case every story said "White Hispanic (LOL still) shoots black kid." Why no distinction now?
    In the Zimmerman trial , he was released and not arrested. It appeared on paper to be wrong and the media flew with it; in this case all 3 were caught. In my Opinion, there is hypocrisy here but these guys could just as well been white kids looking for someone to shoot. Look at their eyes and you can see drug use. That's what this is about. Kids getting high and doing a dumb fcking thing. There is no story to sell papers here. It will die out quickly. Zimmerman sold papers for a year and a half.

Oklahoma

Where is the outrage by all the liberals about the cowardly murder of a white man who was shot by three dark skinned African American youths. Black on White is an epidemic in this country so much for the racism Bullcrap It maybe time to see the real truth. Google it!

Jets Insider VIP
    I should've known from the lack of an exclamation point that this wasn't going to be about the musical

Hall Of Fame
    Scan da bored.

One of them doesn't look black.

So there's that.

Bewildered Beast
    Disgusting; horrifying; what else? SAD.

Gastineau played his college football at East Oklahoma State.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I should've known from the lack of an exclamation point that this wasn't going to be about the musical
    Killing it. LLO

Did they call it a hate crime, did they mention that more whites are killed by blacks then the other way around. This would be front page news if it was white on black. Rev not so Sharp ton and the rainbow man would be stirring up a race riot. I frankly am sick and tired of the utter stupidity of our society. Wow we could really need a leader like MLK certainly won't find one in Washington House, Senate or the President.

Teen charged in ‘thrill kill’ of Australian college student in Oklahoma has racist tweets, report says

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22...#ixzz2ci5IrvPW

One of three teens charged in the 'thill kill' of an Australian college student in Oklahoma last week has previously posted racist tweets on his Twitter account, according to a report.

The Daily Caller reported that the tweets belonged to James Francis Edwards, 15. One tweet from his account reads, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM." Another post read, "Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!"

The Daily Caller's report noted that 'woods' is used as a derogatory term for white people.

Edwards and friend Chancey Allen Luna, 16, were both charged with first-degree murder as adults Tuesday and are being held without bond in the town of Duncan, which is about 30 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

Bond was set at $1 million for 17-year-old Michael Jones, who allegedly drove the vehicle carrying the other suspects. He was charged with the use of a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and accessory to murder after the fact. Jones is considered a youthful offender but will be tried in adult court.

Jones named Luna as the gunman, police said.

Police Chief Dan Ford said the victim, Chris Lane, 22, appeared to have been chosen at random, saying in a variety of media interviews since Friday's killing that one suspect told officers that he and other boys were bored and that they followed Lane and killed him for "the fun of it."

Lane was on a baseball scholarship at East Central University in Ada, Okla., and was in Duncan, Okla., visiting his girlfriend when he was shot and killed. Some bystanders tried to perform CPR on Lane, but he was unconscious and stopped breathing before an ambulance arrived.

Lane's killing has attracted international attention about a month after George Zimmerman, a community watch organizer who fatally shot an unarmed black teen, was acquitted by a Florida jury in a racially charged case.

Rev. Jesse Jackson said in a tweet Wednesday that he was "praying for the family of Chris Lane. This senseless violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail."

Prosecutor Jason Hicks called the boys "thugs" in court, saying Luna was sitting in the rear seat of a car when he pulled the trigger on a .22 caliber revolver and shot Lane once in the back. Hicks said Jones was driving the vehicle and Edwards was in the passenger seat.

Edwards has had run-ins with the law previously and had been in court Friday, the day of the killing, to sign documents related to his juvenile probation.

Peter Lane, meanwhile, told Australian media there was no explanation for his son's death.

"It is heartless and to try to understand it is a short way to insanity," he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report
    Updated info. At least one of them has expressed racist tendencies.