Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chance Warmack over Dee Milner?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuck with Peterman and Vlad....

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wanted Warmack at #9 and Eifert at #13.

But it is what it is.
    = Ditto. I think that would have been better for us; but we will see shortly. Sometimes you can get a quality

CB in 2nd- 3rd round. Also, we never should have traded Dwight Lowery, who had good ball skills at Safety.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    = Ditto. I think that would have been better for us; but we will see shortly. Sometimes you can get a quality

CB in 2nd- 3rd round. Also, we never should have traded Dwight Lowery, who had good ball skills at Safety.
    Hasn't really done much with Jacksonville though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Same here. And Stedman Bailey in the 3rd. Would be a lot more excited about this season and the future.
    I think you are going to be pleased with next years draft. IF Geno shows he is worth building around, there is going to be some nice play makers available to the Jets. Good RB depth, some good "elite" type WRs worth drafting in the top 15. Idzik clearly used this off season to sure up the O line and build depth there, next year it is all about getting guys who can put the ball in the endzone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted Warmack when the 9th pick came up and guys like Mingo and Cooper were gone, but I understand why they took Milliner.

But

Richardson>Eifert

easily

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think you are going to be pleased with next years draft. IF Geno shows he is worth building around, there is going to be some nice play makers available to the Jets. Good RB depth, some good "elite" type WRs worth drafting in the top 15. Idzik clearly used this off season to sure up the O line and build depth there, next year it is all about getting guys who can put the ball in the endzone.
    Have you seen any highlight video on Chris Ivory. He can take it to the house at any time. He just needs to stay on the field.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bg_7oapMs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Have you seen any highlight video on Chris Ivory. He can take it to the house at any time. He just needs to stay on the field.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Bg_7oapMs
    Yes I realize that, but it doesnt mean they shouldnt draft another next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I realize that, but it doesnt mean they shouldnt draft another next year.
    It depends if Ivory stays healthy, then you go with need. I'd say we need a top pick LB in first round. But again depends what is available and in what round. I'm not a draft guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It depends if Ivory stays healthy, then you go with need. I'd say we need a top pick LB in first round. But again depends what is available and in what round. I'm not a draft guy.
    I'm not saying draft a RB in the first round at all, but I would address the position in the first 4 rounds.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a big believer in taking OG in round 1.

Would rather have Millner and Winters, than Warmack and a 3rd round corner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djr44 View Post
    If you could go back and re-draft
    We can't go back.

We havn't played a single down that counts yet in Miliner's career.

A little early for this sillyness, isn't it?

(And I strongly wanted Warmack at the time of the draft, so...)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying draft a RB in the first round at all, but I would address the position in the first 4 rounds.
    Exactly, Idzik knows how to get good value from the draft. If we got Tommy Bohanon in the 7th and next year we have all those picks, we should have a very young and good team.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uncle Jarvis would have looked good in green and white.

http://youtu.be/DO08ya1E5gQ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is our O-line horrible and has Warmack been killing people? Did I miss something?

Seems a little early for this thread! Haha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post

Jones and Damontre Moore were downgraded because of sub par combine and work out numbers. Moore is playing well for the Giants right now and Jones has been good as well. Trust the tape, dont get caught up in 40 times and bench press numbers. Happens every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post

Wow, I wanted him but he looks skinny out there. Looks like Cromartie, except Cro has bigger arms.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched both Steelers games and haven't been impressed with Jarvis at all. Looks slow and is getting zero pressure on the QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Same here. And Stedman Bailey in the 3rd. Would be a lot more excited about this season and the future.
    We didn't really address WR or TE at all in the draft. It's been a veteran and rookie FA pool of Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, and Ryan Spadola adding to the mix in the pass-catching game.

And while we didn't go with Warmack, the Jets did grab Winters in the 3rd to address OG. Let's see how Winters turns out. This entire draft clearly depends on how Richardson, Dee and Geno turn out....but if Winters and Bohanon are starting at OG and FB by 2014, then that it would really help!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We didn't really address WR or TE at all in the draft. It's been a veteran and rookie FA pool of Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow, and Ryan Spadola adding to the mix in the pass-catching game.

And while we didn't go with Warmack, the Jets did grab Winters in the 3rd to address OG. Let's see how Winters turns out. This entire draft clearly depends on how Richardson, Dee and Geno turn out....but if Winters and Bohanon are starting at OG and FB by 2014, then that it would really help!
    If you get 3 starters from a draft, it is a good draft. If you get 5, then it is an outstanding draft. Still a long way from determining that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really wish Tavon was available at 9.. He was the guy I really wanted along with Geno. Tavon/Milliner/Geno would've been my draft of choice at the time. Especially due to Jordan/Mingo/Ansah all going top 7.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We picked up a young WR in place of Lex who went on IR. Can't remember name...but he doesn't look terrible.