Thread: Chance Warmack over Dee Milner?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Deez Nutz Milner

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Is our O-line horrible and has Warmack been killing people? Did I miss something?

Seems a little early for this thread! Haha
    Yes, our OL has improved and the QBs seem to have enough time in the pocket to read option. I think once the screen and running game kick in, we'll be fine. Warmack would have been nice but this is about priorities and cap space this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    We picked up a young WR in place of Lex who went on IR. Can't remember name...but he doesn't look terrible.
    Found it:

Marcus Rucker was an undrafted free agent in 2013, originally signed by the Chicago Bears out of the University of Memphis. He’s a big guy at 6’4″, 185 pounds, and will be looking for a place on the depth chart at wide receiver.
    Scott Wedige was an undrafted free agent in 2012 out of Northern Illinois. He has gone between the Cardinals, the Giants, the Bengals, and the Cardinals again before landing with the Jets today. He played in two games with the Cardinals at center after Lyle Sendlein was placed on injured reserve.
    Scott will be fighting for time as a guy who could add depth to the offensive line.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Never

Thought it would have been idiotic to go OG / TE at our picks in round 1 then ... Still feel the same.

Like the Milliner pick & Richardson's gonna be a beast!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Thanks

Loved the kid at Wake. About as well rounded as they come.

Absolute perfect fit at FB in a west coast system.

Still...Warmack, Eifert, and Geno?

That would've been one helluva way to start rebuilding the offense.

Still happy with Milliner and Richardson though.
    The former NFL GM I spoke to a month or so ago LOVED those picks. Lets give Milner time...

Really? You had Bohanon? Kool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lockdown corners are usually 1st rounders, rarely will you see a late round pick become a stud corner. with guards its different, theres a ****load of excellent guards out there that have been late rounders, it just takes them a bit longer to get there. so in terms of value you gotta go with the corner even if guard is the safer pick because otherwise its impossible to get a lockdown corner unless you pay a top free agent 15 mil per year with a huge signing bonus. we'll see in a few years what the better choice was. im sure warmack will be a stud so its silly to compare the two, we needed a lockdown corner not a stud guard. although it would have helped, but we can get a decent guard in free agency or develope one (of course we cant)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really just don't understand ever drafting a CB in the first 10, but whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I really just don't understand ever drafting a CB in the first 10, but whatever.
    Why?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why?
    Because so much of corner play seems to be scheme. Im not saying I would have taken Warmack, I just think corner is an over rated position. Top 10 I want someone who is sacking the QB or scoring TD's. Just my philosophy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you believe drafting OG to be a more sound decision?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because so much of corner play seems to be scheme. Im not saying I would have taken Warmack, I just think corner is an over rated position. Top 10 I want someone who is sacking the QB or scoring TD's. Just my philosophy.
    Its hard to scheme a CB these days IMO. You can scheme a safety, but I think you need talent on the outside to have even an average defense these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Do you believe drafting OG to be a more sound decision?
    Generally speaking no, but when you have a chance at one of the best OG prospects in recent memory, maybe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look how a Revis on your team can negate any pro bowl WR. That why you draft a CB in the first round but he has to be Revis like, otherwise I agree with you.

Check this out and tell me Milliner doesn't have the potential.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ81bZV7TY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Look how a Revis on your team can negate any pro bowl WR. That why you draft a CB in the first round but he has to be Revis like, otherwise I agree with you.

Check this out and tell me Milliner doesn't have the potential.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQ81bZV7TY
    Thats pretty hard to predict before the draft though. If teams knew Revis was going to be Revis he would have went before the 14th pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Thank you.

I wanted Warmack too.
    VTN, that photo in your signature is hilarious, I almost fell to the floor laughing.

Sanchez looks like a maricon with his head band. LOL

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Deez Nutz Milner
    on your chin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    Rex's defense requires high level secondary play. Wilson wasn't a great #2 and we weren't buying Revis back in. It made sense why Milliner was drafted although I would have liked to see more early round picks on offense.
    I think Tavon Austin was the pick at 9 until the Rams jumped us.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats pretty hard to predict before the draft though. If teams knew Revis was going to be Revis he would have went before the 14th pick.
    S101, you are a pretty smart guy. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck or RG3 were hard to predict. Just watching Milliner cover in the Detroit game, I think this guy is special. Now when he starts knocking guys around when it counts, you'll see the real Milliner. He is strengthening his shoulder right now and avoiding injury in preseason.

And yes the future is 50% probability with almost every first rounder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    S101, you are a pretty smart guy. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck or RG3 were hard to predict. Just watching Milliner cover in the Detroit game, I think this guy is special. Now when he starts knocking guys around when it counts, you'll see the real Milliner. He is strengthening his shoulder right now and avoiding injury in preseason.

And yes the future is 50% probability with almost every first rounder.