Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Colin Cowherd

I am not a fan of his by any stretch, and after what I heard this afternoon, I have filed his show right next to Mike Francessa in the "never listen to again" file. At around 5 pm this afternoon, a promo ran for his show, and in that promo they played a cut from an interview where this snapper head actually asked Justin (I have done nothing in years) Tuck "if he is happy that he is a Giant instead of being part of the circus in the other locker room". Now I admit I am not sure when this was actually said, but it aired as a promo for his show this afternoon and it pissed me the F off because it insinuates that the Jets are still a circus. They are not. Besides, and I really feel strong about this, only us actual Jet fans who have suffered and had our guts ripped out have the right to call them a circus, not some self indulgent radio host. And anyway, WTF is wrong with everyone in the media feeling this inalienable right to bash the NY Jets? Every move this organization makes, regardless if it has been field tested is basically laughed at and immediately filed away under incompetence. Why? Reminds me of the UFO conspiracy you know? Somebody, somewhere, knows who created this stigma, and why the Jets are basically everyone's whipping boys. This has lead to fans of other teams bashing the Jets with zero knowledge of what they are actually talking about. Are you telling me a Seattle Seahawks fan knows jack sh*t about the NY Jets other than what *******s like Colin Cowsh*t tells them? I have read this type of bashing on various other media sites and it is depressing, and sort of put a little gray cloud over my excitement for the new season.

So the Jets suck. Great. Everything they do is a comedy or errors. Great. Mark Sanchez gets a zillion dollars to suck my a$$ Great. But they are not a "circus" anymore. That is over and done with. This new regime is very quiet and businesslike. Tebow is gone. The circus left town with him. Have we heard a peep from the Jets all off season and Summer? Even when the HC talks like he is an idiot(which happened all too often last year, and (I feel) way less this year), this is not a circus anymore. I just wish media personnel would come to realize this and leave the Jets alone, after all, they have enough problems, no?

ASH

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would u like some cheese with that whine?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin Cowherd is a NE fan. For him and other assorted Jets haters/SOJFs the circus is always in town.
    The Jets-hating media, even in as obscure a forum as the JI podcast now playing, overdramatise all Jets matters.
    (Right now there is endless blathering about Rex's "prediction" about the D)

Whether the Jets are OK with their broadcast outlet allowing other teams/players to snipe at them, no matter
    how indirectly, is another matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Colin Cowherd is a NE fan. For him and other assorted Jets haters/SOJFs the circus is always in town.
    The Jets-hating media, even in as obscure a forum as the JI podcast now playing, overdramatise all Jets matters.
    (Right now there is endless blathering about Rex's "prediction" about the D)

Whether the Jets are OK with their broadcast outlet allowing other teams/players to snipe at them, no matter
    how indirectly, is another matter.
    NE fan??? LINK? he grew up in Washington state and I remember him saying he is a Seahawks fan.
    None the less he has gotten colorful in his description of teams. Dumpster fire is a term he uses etc.

In fairness....he spoke well of us in 2011 saying we were a true fundamental team, ground and pound etc.

He beats up on teams that are managed poorly..... In his view, that's the JETS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NE fan??? LINK? he grew up in Washington state and I remember him saying he is a Seahawks fan.
    None the less he has gotten colorful in his description of teams. Dumpster fire is a term he uses etc.

In fairness....he spoke well of us in 2011 saying we were a true fundamental team, ground and pound etc.

He beats up on teams that are managed poorly..... In his view, that's the JETS.
    Cowherd is an educated guy. He has a brain. While I definitely disagree with him on many occasions, to compare him with iq level 78 Francesa is nuts. I am 55 and have rooted for the Jets pretty much my whole life. I can readily admit that as long as guys like Rex, Sanchez and Holmes are not only Jets, but spokesmen for the organization, we will continue to be labeled by thinking people as idiots. Really, can you blame any Giant for laughing at the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    until rexy is gone we will be a circus face it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how Cowherd got this reputation as being smart. Why, because he makes analogies? I don't like Fatty either but Cowherd isn't a pimple on Fattys ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowherd is a smart guy on plenty of things, but I'll never take his opinion on ANY NFL team seriously. You really expect a guy who has researched all of 3 seconds for each team to be able to offer an accurate analysis/opinion?

I know absolutely nothing about politics. If I'm asked to offer my opinion on what I think about what a certain section of the white house is doing, do you really think I'm going to give you an accurate assessment? No, because I know jack **** about it. Same thing with Cowherd and ANY radio show host covering a wide range of topics, subject, teams, etc. If you want accurate assessments on the Jets from a radio show, listen to Jetsinsider Radio.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well maybe I was whining. Too f'ng bad. I have earned the right as a Jet fan to whine. You don't like it you can kiss my fat white arse LOL....

I am just sick of reading and hearing that my favorite sports franchise is a circus when they are trying to right the wrongs of the past few years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then quit listening to people whose only research includes looking at ESPN talking points.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    So long as Rex Ryan is our coach people will always call us a circus, because, let's face it, Rex does act like a clown from time to time. He can get away with it when he wins, but it looks real foolish when he loses. so until this team contends for the playoffs, we'll be called a circus. Once we reach the playoffs again, people will once again respect Ryan. Then if Ryan continues to act like a bafoon, and the team starts to lose, people will call us a circus again.

The over the top statements and Rex's general goofy attitude will always cause people to look down at the Jets--so long as their losing. Go back in time to Buddy Ryan's days and you get the same media reaction. Check out this clip on youtube of Sunday postgame hosts praising Buddy for winning while still chewing him up at the same time for his unorthodox braggadocios style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hZMKcC6PG5M (starts at 1:00)

Now check out what they have to say about Buddy after some losing seasons and going to the cardinals. He was referred to as a circus.

http://articles.philly.com/1994-02-0...r-bill-bidwill
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6803,3024044 (2nd column third paragraph)

That's what you get when you act like a moron. Rex is a great coach but he has to hide that braggadocios style from the media. (I like it; but i can see why it's annoying for the rest of the league.)

I do find it humorous how things repeat themselves.
    Last edited by positive; 08-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Would u like some cheese with that whine?
    WTF is wrong with you seriously? Are you actually a Jets fan? Man, you are a d-bag!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    So long as Rex Ryan is our coach people will always call us a circus, because, let's face it, Rex does act like a clown from time to time. He can get away with it when he wins, but it looks real foolish when he loses. so until this team contends for the playoffs, we'll be called a circus. Once we reach the playoffs again, people will once again respect Ryan. Then if Ryan continues to act like a bafoon, and the team starts to lose, people will call us a circus again.

The over the top statements and Rex's general goofy attitude will always cause people to look down at the Jets--so long as their losing. Go back in time to Buddy Ryan's days and you get the same media reaction. Check out this clip on youtube of Sunday postgame hosts praising Buddy for winning while still chewing him up at the same time for his unorthodox braggadocios style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hZMKcC6PG5M (starts at 1:00)

Now check out what they have to say about Buddy after some losing seasons and going to the cardinals. He was referred to as a circus.

http://articles.philly.com/1994-02-0...r-bill-bidwill
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6803,3024044 (2nd column third paragraph)

That's what you get when you act like a moron. Rex is a great coach but he has to hide that braggadocios style from the media. (I like it; but i can see why it's annoying for the rest of the league.)

I do find it humorous how things repeat themselves.
    If you want to hold that stigma against Rex, despite even now when it's been a super quiet off season, then you have to hold the same stigma for other teams' reputations.

The Patriots cheat.

Brady is soft.

Belichick is a petty human being.

Rex may very well be a circus, but those other teams/player/coaches are what they are as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I am not a fan of his by any stretch, and after what I heard this afternoon, I have filed his show right next to Mike Francessa in the "never listen to again" file. At around 5 pm this afternoon, a promo ran for his show, and in that promo they played a cut from an interview where this snapper head actually asked Justin (I have done nothing in years) Tuck "if he is happy that he is a Giant instead of being part of the circus in the other locker room". Now I admit I am not sure when this was actually said, but it aired as a promo for his show this afternoon and it pissed me the F off because it insinuates that the Jets are still a circus. They are not. Besides, and I really feel strong about this, only us actual Jet fans who have suffered and had our guts ripped out have the right to call them a circus, not some self indulgent radio host. And anyway, WTF is wrong with everyone in the media feeling this inalienable right to bash the NY Jets? Every move this organization makes, regardless if it has been field tested is basically laughed at and immediately filed away under incompetence. Why? Reminds me of the UFO conspiracy you know? Somebody, somewhere, knows who created this stigma, and why the Jets are basically everyone's whipping boys. This has lead to fans of other teams bashing the Jets with zero knowledge of what they are actually talking about. Are you telling me a Seattle Seahawks fan knows jack sh*t about the NY Jets other than what *******s like Colin Cowsh*t tells them? I have read this type of bashing on various other media sites and it is depressing, and sort of put a little gray cloud over my excitement for the new season.

So the Jets suck. Great. Everything they do is a comedy or errors. Great. Mark Sanchez gets a zillion dollars to suck my a$$ Great. But they are not a "circus" anymore. That is over and done with. This new regime is very quiet and businesslike. Tebow is gone. The circus left town with him. Have we heard a peep from the Jets all off season and Summer? Even when the HC talks like he is an idiot(which happened all too often last year, and (I feel) way less this year), this is not a circus anymore. I just wish media personnel would come to realize this and leave the Jets alone, after all, they have enough problems, no?

ASH
    Great post, 100% in agreement, I mean seriously, you nailed it.

The national media and talk show hosts are clueless, the majority of their opinions are formulated based on what they hear from colleagues or read from peers, it is not self observed, and many times, these guys lack the acumen for the sport they are commentating/reporting on, it's a disgrace, it's been a bane in my side for a long time.

Fans go after players/coaches, I go after the media, because the fans are barking at the wrong entity most of the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    WTF is wrong with you seriously? Are you actually a Jets fan? Man, you are a d-bag!
    So we must complain about the media to be considered a fan? I think some of us have have gotten over the media bashing. It means nothing on Sundays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So we must complain about the media to be considered a fan? I think some of us have have gotten over the media bashing. It means nothing on Sundays.
    Pretty much. I stopped caring about what the national media thought about us once I realized they barely research anything and only repeat old talking points.

Fool me once, shame on you. Foll me twice, shame on me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin is the best man in sports radio. He brings unique perspectives instead of cliches and stating the obvious like the vast majority of his colleagues. These threads where "this guy said this!" and "that guy is a Jet hater!" have run their course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Colin is the best man in sports radio. He brings unique perspectives instead of cliches and stating the obvious like the vast majority of his colleagues. These threads where "this guy said this!" and "that guy is a Jet hater!" have run their course.
    The Tebow move helped here as well. BUT regardless of the media.... Having a QB that throws DL picks as our starter and two seasons of beating basically no one is the thing that makes us an easy target.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

What the hell would you know, there is nothing for you to get over, you don't know any better, you are a part of a younger generation who feels entitled to ***** and moan along with SOJF but are too ignorant to even realize how much the media corrupts perspective of the Jets, nationally, and then locally within the fan base.

As for Namath, why even write that post in response to ASH's OP? It's pathetic and stupid. Any Jets fan should be pissed off after a bonehead like Cowerd runs his mouth, or any sports jock without a clue.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Well maybe I was whining. Too f'ng bad. I have earned the right as a Jet fan to whine. You don't like it you can kiss my fat white arse LOL....

I am just sick of reading and hearing that my favorite sports franchise is a circus when they are trying to right the wrongs of the past few years.
    I'm with you on that one. Marshal Falk was asked a question about the Jets QB situation and the first thing he said before answering the question was laugh and make a comment about the team. His answer to the question was fair and he said he had no problem what Cro did because it's training camp. He stated he was surprised there wasn't more fights because this happens all the time. Even Freddy Coleman throws shade at the Jets before any Jets commentary. I think they are being told to do that because they won't do that when face to face with a Jets player.