Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just going to take special joy in the next few years as the Jets have another big draft coming and this team adds even more talent. This team is on the way up and not down. This team has a good amount of talent and should add a heck of a lot more next year. The Media won't be able to kick this franchise around much longer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't read the OP, but can guess the gist.

TLDR Reply: Don't Listen to the Media, the Jets are not a Circus in 2013.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    I'm just going to take special joy in the next few years as the Jets have another big draft coming and this team adds even more talent. This team is on the way up and not down. This team has a good amount of talent and should add a heck of a lot more next year. The Media won't be able to kick this franchise around much longer.
    But that's not the point. The media will just spin it another way, i.e. Jets performing well despite their big mouthed head coach. And if the Jets with a SB it will be about it will be because of the great talent Idzik brought in and not because of Rex etc.

You can't beat the media they can always spin it the way people want to hear it. That is what the media does; people want to hear what they believe in and the media provides it. If the popular opinion of the Jets change then the media will change as well.

None of this means that I agree with the media. They are obviously wrong. But, unless they go too far, they will always get away with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I just wish media personnel would come to realize this and leave the Jets alone

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Brady looks awful.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    cowherd is loud, annoying, arrogant, totally full of himself and, for no reason, he screams at the listener over the radio. I can't listen to him. He does remind of francessa. No wonder he getting divorced, I don't understand how anyone can stay married to that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowherd is barely intelligible enough to stand his ground in the real world outside of sports.

That people appreciate his abilities to faux-extrapolate circumstances into barely tangible analogies just proves how uneducated the sports media is, and how we as an audience have become so saturated with nothingness coming through sports media, that we heap praise on the smallest things that make just the slightest of sense; ie, The Cowherd Show.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Colin is the best man in sports radio. He brings unique perspectives instead of cliches and stating the obvious like the vast majority of his colleagues. These threads where "this guy said this!" and "that guy is a Jet hater!" have run their course.
    You need to listen to more sports radio. Cowherd was very good about 6 or 7 years ago befor he started being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. Cowherd flip flops on subjects and teams constantly, the true mark of a guy trying to ignite controversy. It's all about personal taste I suppose, but Cowherd isn't even the best ESPN National guy. Cowherd knows College Football and that's about it.

Not to mention the fact that he rips off other people's stuff constantly and tries to pass it off as his own.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Cowherd is barely intelligible enough to stand his ground in the real world outside of sports.

That people appreciate his abilities to faux-extrapolate circumstances into barely tangible analogies just proves how uneducated the sports media is, and how we as an audience have become so saturated with nothingness coming through sports media, that we heap praise on the smallest things that make just the slightest of sense; ie, The Cowherd Show.
    Well said. The Cow was never that eloquent

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy who started all this crap played for the Bills, than became a color guy on NBC game broadcast. It was 1985 or right in there when we went 10-1 and he predicted the Jets would lose their next 5 in a row and they did just making the playoffs. It was a big joke that picked up steam and has never let up. Some of you older guys know who i'm talking about. But that's when I first noticed this kind of treatment from the media and it's really never stoped.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who are you talking about? I was overseas at that time so I don't remember the broadcasters just the team. I still remember the Jets tv show that always had guests from the team the day before the game.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Who are you talking about? I was overseas at that time so I don't remember the broadcasters just the team. I still remember the Jets tv show that always had guests from the team the day before the game.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I THINK it was that p*ssy punter, Paul McGuire..... but I'm not positive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's two reasons people call the Jets a circus. One is just lack of knowledge. The national press this team gets is all doom and gloom, because that's what sells. Sometimes people just actually believe it's all true; you can tell within minutes that these people are well intentioned but simply uneducated. Tell them the Jets have actually made the playoffs more times than the Dallas Cowboys since 2000 and they won't believe you at first, but you'll see their mind start to open.

The second type of person is far more pitiful. They use the Jets as some type of deflection mechanism for their own shortcomings. Look, the Jets are an easy target. Second in NY to the big bad Giants. Many people feel that they themselves are second best in some aspect of their personal or social life. Making fun of the Jets for these people is classic deflection, in the same way that the most virulently anti-gay public figures often turn out to be sexual miscreants or homosexuals themselves.

In either case, it's literally nothing to get worked up about. You can't educate all of the former group, and for the latter group....well just smile and wish them well, they have inadequacy problems in their personal lives much bigger than football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Colin talking about Rex claiming our D will be top 5: "Rex is who he is (prediction maker). You're not gonna change him. I'm not gonna sit here and bash Rex for leading with his chin in the way he handles the media. That's not fair."

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Cowherd is more of a Brady fan than a New England fan. His teams growing up were the Seattle teams.

I would take Cowherd over Francessa because I think Cowherd can freely admit that he is being a bit of an ******* and boorish.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfrantik View Post
    The guy who started all this crap played for the Bills, than became a color guy on NBC game broadcast. It was 1985 or right in there when we went 10-1 and he predicted the Jets would lose their next 5 in a row and they did just making the playoffs. It was a big joke that picked up steam and has never let up. Some of you older guys know who i'm talking about. But that's when I first noticed this kind of treatment from the media and it's really never stoped.
    It was Paul Maguire. I remember it well. It was the 86 season. Jets started 1-1 then reeled off 9 straight wins. Paul Maguire kept picking against them each week and they kept winning. After they got to 10-1, he finally just said he is gonna pick the Jets to lose their last five games. Turned out he was right. Jets won the wild card game against KC, then lost the double OT game to Cleveland blowing a 10-point lead in the last few minutes in the divisional round.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way all of this nonsense stops an the Jets gain the respect they deserve is by winning. This is the bottom line with the TMZ sports media today. As far a Rex is concerned, if he opens his mouth and express what he truly feels, he is considered boastful. OTH, if he sounds like every other NFL coach, the TMZ media will accuse him of being fake and not himself.
    We just have to start winning again and become a team to be feared and then tell all the so call "experts" to frack off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NE fan??? LINK? he grew up in Washington state and I remember him saying he is a Seahawks fan.
    None the less he has gotten colorful in his description of teams. Dumpster fire is a term he uses etc.

In fairness....he spoke well of us in 2011 saying we were a true fundamental team, ground and pound etc.

He beats up on teams that are managed poorly..... In his view, that's the JETS.
    Right about his origins, wrong about his allegiance. He only mentions it, like, 5x a show - from 11/14/11 here's a sample LINK!!!

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2011/11/...-of-billboard/

The New England Patriots beat the New York Jets on Sunday night.
    Monday morning, it was time for Jets fan Michelle Beadle to suffer even more consequences.
    As we mentioned last week on Front Row, her SportsNation co-host Colin Cowherd — a Patriots fan — and Beadle took over a billboard along Interstate 91 in Hartford, Conn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Right about his origins, wrong about his allegiance. He only mentions it, like, 5x a show - from 11/14/11 here's a sample LINK!!!

http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2011/11/...-of-billboard/

The New England Patriots beat the New York Jets on Sunday night.
    Monday morning, it was time for Jets fan Michelle Beadle to suffer even more consequences.
    As we mentioned last week on Front Row, her SportsNation co-host Colin Cowherd — a Patriots fan — and Beadle took over a billboard along Interstate 91 in Hartford, Conn.
    I dont listen that much.... Didn't know that. In fact, don't care. I listen to Howard all morning. St least Baba Booey is a fan.

be kool.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowherd is like Manish. their pretty boys that pretend to be bad asses in the media, while they really don't know what their talking about. i can't stand the snarky, a-hole approach by so many members of the media. Francesca, Manish, Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith - all those guys are just horrible.