Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets looking to bring in WR Mohamed Massaquoi?

All Pro
    Any word on Gates? He got banged up in practice yesterday. I am concerned about his ability to stay on the field for 16 games - especially if he suffered another head injury. I am biased as a Georgia grad, but I think Massaquoi would add some needed depth and experience at the position.

Hall Of Fame
    Great name.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mohamed Massaquoi #13 WR. Jacksonville Jaguars | Official Team Site. Height: 6-2 Weight: 207 Age: 26. Born: 11/24/1986 Charlotte , NC. College: Georgia.

He is coming in for a tryout. Why not if Gates got hurt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Hill, Braylon, Kerley, Gates, Spadola...and hold a spot for Holmes until we know what his story is for 2013.
    AGREED! We have to give our young guys a chance to show what they have and develop. Every time someone is cut all we see here are sign this guy. The question is WHY? Besides we did sign a young receiver yesterday! MARCUS RUCKER. Young and fast! Also tall.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-22-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    His game hasn't translated to the NFL at all. Pass.

We should have just took a WR in the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    His game hasn't translated to the NFL at all. Pass.

We should have just took a WR in the draft...
    Or maybe the Jets could have used a 4th-round pick on a guy like Nick Toon, who might have been challenging for a starting role this year (in addition to being an automatic fan favorite).

Had the Jets kept their 4th round pick of course. Good work, Tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Or maybe the Jets could have used a 4th-round pick on a guy like Nick Toon, who might have been challenging for a starting role this year (in addition to being an automatic fan favorite).

I'm sure you know more about him than I do, but I don't think he'd be better than anything we currently have. Ivory OTOH has the potential to be WAY better than anthing we've had since TJ.

Sure, both cases are based on "potential", but I'd prefer the potential at RB over WR . . .

EDIT:

Read too fast and didn't realize you meant LAST YEAR'S 4!!
    Last edited by OCCH; 08-22-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

It looks to me that RYAN SPADOLA is talented enough to have been drafted. Some guys are never satisfied but lets see what we have with our kids before we get critical! Gates is looking good. Hill is coming on. Edwards has done fine and Holmes is coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm sure you know more about him than I do, but I don't think he'd be better than anything we currently have. Ivory OTOH has the potential to be WAY better than anthing we've had since TJ.

Sure, both cases are based on "potential", but I'd prefer the potential at RB over WR . . .
    No problem - just re-read my post and saw that I forgot to mention last year myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    It looks to me that RYAN SPADOLA is talented enough to have been drafted. Some guys are never satisfied but lets see what we have with our kids before we get critical! Gates is looking good. Hill is coming on. Edwards has done fine and Holmes is coming back!
    Never satisfied? If you mean that I should be satisfied with the Jets trading away a 4th round pick for a player that didn't even last on the roster for 2 years, and hoping that a UDFA (who admittedly looks good so far) becomes a serious contributor at a position that could have been potentially filled with that wasted 4th rounder from a year ago...

Then no. By your definition, I'm never satisfied.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Keep churning and burning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never satisfied? If you mean that I should be satisfied with the Jets trading away a 4th round pick for a player that didn't even last on the roster for 2 years, and hoping that a UDFA (who admittedly looks good so far) becomes a serious contributor at a position that could have been potentially filled with that wasted 4th rounder from a year ago...

Then no. By your definition, I'm never satisfied.

You got it! wow!

Jets Insider VIP
    This would only make sense if Holmes was not able to come back until week 7.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Not that our O should be too proud to take help from anywhere. At all.
    True but if he couldn't help out a Jags team that itself doesn't have much offense, how the hell is he going to help the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So?

Braylon wasn't getting so much as a phone call from other teams before we signed him.
    The difference is that we KNOW what Braylon can bring to the Jets since he actually...you know...Contributed whenever he played for them.

A WR released from the Jags is really not something to get all excited about....
    Last edited by Vin; 08-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.

All Pro
    If Holmes is not healthy, and if there is a chance we will keep 6 receivers, where is the harm in bringing him in to compete with Obomanu, Rogers and others for the last spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    True but if he couldn't help out a Jags team that itself doesn't have much offense, how the hell is he going to help the Jets?

The difference is that we KNOW what Braylon can bring to the Jets since he actually...you know...Contributed whenever he played for them.

A WR released from the Jags is really not something to get all excited about....
    The Jags top 4 Wrs are Blackmon, Shorts, Shipley, and Ace Sanders. They also have Denard Robinson as their 5th. Blackmon and Shorts are better than any Jets Wr right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    WR Mohamed Massaquoi agrees to a deal with the #Jets, source says.

Good move.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/report...#disqus_thread

He was just released by Jax who had just signed him in April, maybe the Jets were interested then too but the price wasn't right. Massaquoi is not a fast guy but he can get you first downs and keep the chains moving, similar to what we had with Cotch, he's never going to be a number one guy but he can be a solid number five for us this year, certainly better than Obomanu, Massaquoi is a tank, not pretty but he will catch that ball in traffic and move the chains, might be able to play the slot too if they move Kerley outside.
    The road to #1 is paved.

#FreeTheKerley

All Pro
    He is still a long shot to make the tesm..

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    WR Mohamed Massaquoi agrees to a deal with the #Jets, source says.

Good move.
    Meh.

Depth-signing.

Nothing more.

It seems that the Jets are employing the old "throw crap against the wall and see what sticks" method. Whatever.