Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holmes medically cleared to practice....but he refuses

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Who else is going to celebrate catching a three yard pass?
    Seriously. I cannot stand that act (pointing downfield). He's one of the biggest perpetrators. I wish they would outlaw that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is very obvious that Holmes is just being Holmes and when you realize how selfish he is as a player you know it is just about himself. Why would he risk getting injured in preseason? He knows he's not staying here after this year so it's important to go out and have a productive season so he can get more money elsewhere. I suppose there is a chance he could stay with the Jets but I would not think Idzik will give him what he wants for the future. I think Holmes will start week 1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's just looking for the right casualwear. Give the guy a break!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I think it is very obvious that Holmes is just being Holmes and when you realize how selfish he is as a player you know it is just about himself. Why would he risk getting injured in preseason? He knows he's not staying here after this year so it's important to go out and have a productive season so he can get more money elsewhere. I suppose there is a chance he could stay with the Jets but I would not think Idzik will give him what he wants for the future. I think Holmes will start week 1
    I keep reading how selfish he is as a player.

Can you give specific examples of how selfish he is. Should be simple given how many times we hear it. How his play or attitude cost the Jets to only win 6 a year ago. Given that he was injured for almost all of the year should be interesting.

Actual examples, not cliches. I get people don't like him, he's not lovable. But where and how has he been a selfish and how has he cost this team wins?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he doesn't want to do camp. Once prep week is here I would think he starts playing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I keep reading how selfish he is as a player.

Can you give specific examples of how selfish he is. Should be simple given how many times we hear it. How his play or attitude cost the Jets to only win 6 a year ago. Given that he was injured for almost all of the year should be interesting.

Actual examples, not cliches. I get people don't like him, he's not lovable. But where and how has he been a selfish and how has he cost this team wins?
    You don't recall his blowup in huddle with Sanchez 2 years ago to end the season? Not to mention other players calling him a cancer and the Steelers dumping him for peanuts?

Look, players like Deion Sanders/Moss/TO were all selfish, but they were amazing players so people looked the other way. When you are an average player you better not act like a jerk because you will be out of the league pretty quick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...-a-10-year-old

At the Jets cleaned out their lockers Monday after their disappointing end to the season, a source told the Daily News that Holmes gave Sanchez a hard time at the meeting on Wednesday and then when Sanchez got the group together on Thursday, Holmes did not bother to show up.

“He went back and forth with Mark at the meeting,” the source said. “He was saying stuff like, “What am I even here for?” Then he blew off Mark by not even showing up the next day.”

Holmes did not catch a pass in Miami, the first he time he’s been shut out in his career. He was targeted only once. A source told the News that Holmes wasn't paying attention to Sanchez in the huddle as early as the second quarter. At halftime, Holmes was "moping in front of his locker," according to a source.

“He’s a cancer," one player said. "It’s like dealing with a 10 year old."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who doesn't know what Holmes is by now is completely and utterly blinkered.

He's a cancer. Over-inflated sense of his own worth, happy to throw team-mates under the bus, runs half-assed routes, only gives effort when he is playing for a contract, quits on the team on the field, insults his team-mates off the field.

People think he's suddenly going to change his spots and bust his ass just after receiving an enforced pay-cut this offseason? No way. He will continue with the self-absorbed Santonio show all season long (most of it from the sideline) until, mercifully, he will be cut as soon as humanly possible in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Anyone who doesn't know what Holmes is by now is completely and utterly blinkered.

He's a cancer. Over-inflated sense of his own worth, happy to throw team-mates under the bus, runs half-assed routes, only gives effort when he is playing for a contract, quits on the team on the field, insults his team-mates off the field.

People think he's suddenly going to change his spots and bust his ass just after receiving an enforced pay-cut this offseason? No way. He will continue with the self-absorbed Santonio show all season long (most of it from the sideline) until, mercifully, he will be cut as soon as humanly possible in 2014.
    Most of his reputation comes from the one game a few years ago where him and Sanchez had some words.
    He has a foundation for Sickle cell disease etc. From what I've read about him is he is a decent guy. The cancer stuff comes from not getting in sync with Sanchez. Who knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You don't recall his blowup in huddle with Sanchez 2 years ago to end the season? Not to mention other players calling him a cancer and the Steelers dumping him for peanuts?

Look, players like Deion Sanders/Moss/TO were all selfish, but they were amazing players so people looked the other way. When you are an average player you better not act like a jerk because you will be out of the league pretty quick.

At the Jets cleaned out their lockers Monday after their disappointing end to the season, a source told the Daily News that Holmes gave Sanchez a hard time at the meeting on Wednesday and then when Sanchez got the group together on Thursday, Holmes did not bother to show up.

“He went back and forth with Mark at the meeting,” the source said. “He was saying stuff like, “What am I even here for?” Then he blew off Mark by not even showing up the next day.”

Holmes did not catch a pass in Miami, the first he time he’s been shut out in his career. He was targeted only once. A source told the News that Holmes wasn't paying attention to Sanchez in the huddle as early as the second quarter. At halftime, Holmes was "moping in front of his locker," according to a source.

and you didn't even get into last preseason when he decided to sit out due to 'body soreness'..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you, this all got fuked up years ago when the league went on strike. When the Jets picked him up for a 5th rounder, and he put up great numbers, I HONESTLY believe the original idea was to tender Holmes and then work out a trade deal for around a 2nd or 3rd pick. They KNEW it was going to cost a bundle to sign this guy. Edwards, while having a few off-field issues, was NEVER the head-case this guy was, wanted to play for the Jets, and would have taken more money.
    Once the league's rules changed, they could not even tender Holmes. Tanny then pulled one of his BIGGEST brain farts, dumped Edwards, and signed this guy to an untradeable, uncuttable contract.
    The move all along should have been to keep Edwards, bring this guy in on the short term, and get something for him before his ego crapped all over the place. Instead, we dumped the wrong guy and fed the beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

He never blew up with Sanchez. He argued with Hunter & maybe Slaussen. May actually have been defending Sanchez, according to some. Hunter is the same guy who pointed a finger at him publicly. Moore or Woody defended him. Not like there was team wide or public displays like with TO etc. One un named source....what people kill Mahish over every day here when it suits their argument. Even if he blew up and had a fight with anyone, in the last game of the season, in a game that they were losing, to an inferior fin team, with the playoffs on the line, how did that one game, do anything? I wish our QB and others would have been this p1ssed off.

An uknown source says they argued? Or didn't talk as they used to? I can find just as many articles saying that they made up, went to vaca together, etc. So they may or may not have fought. As if others don't. And if they never made up, didn't go back to being friends, we know it had to be Holmes fault. Couldn't be Sanchez who did anything wrong. Thats the funny part, 2 guys we don't know may have fought and we all know it was Holmes fault. Because Mark is so mature. And a true leader. As if 53 men have to all be buds. Again, that was the tail end of one season. They've long since made up.

And of course none of this proves Holmes gave up, never gave 100% on the field or cost the team games. He wasn't even on the field a year ago most of the year and was easily their best offensive player when he was on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Again other than cliches give example.

1. Which players has he thrown under the bus?

2. When and how has he shown that he has an over inflated sense of his own worth?

3. When did he run half-assed routes? Total nonsense.

4. Give us examples of insults to his team-mates off the field. Should be good.

You don't like him, I get it. You don't have to make stuff like this up to prove someone is blinkered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He never blew up with Sanchez. He argued with Hunter & maybe Slaussen. May actually have been defending Sanchez, according to some. Hunter is the same guy who pointed a finger at him publicly. Moore or Woody defended him. Not like there was team wide or public displays like with TO etc. One un named source....what people kill Mahish over every day here when it suits their argument. Even if he blew up and had a fight with anyone, in the last game of the season, in a game that they were losing, to an inferior fin team, with the playoffs on the line, how did that one game, do anything? I wish our QB and others would have been this p1ssed off.

An uknown source says they argued? Or didn't talk as they used to? I can find just as many articles saying that they made up, went to vaca together, etc. So they may or may not have fought. As if others don't. And if they never made up, didn't go back to being friends, we know it had to be Holmes fault. Couldn't be Sanchez who did anything wrong. Thats the funny part, 2 guys we don't know may have fought and we all know it was Holmes fault. Because Mark is so mature. And a true leader. As if 53 men have to all be buds. Again, that was the tail end of one season. They've long since made up.

And of course none of this proves Holmes gave up, never gave 100% on the field or cost the team games. He wasn't even on the field a year ago most of the year and was easily their best offensive player when he was on the field.
    What? How could you watch the 2011 season and think that Holmes was giving a full effort on the field? His effort was utterly pathetic all season. His selfish self-benching in the season finale was just the icing on the cake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again other than cliches give example.

1. Which players has he thrown under the bus?

2. When and how has he shown that he has an over inflated sense of his own worth?

3. When did he run half-assed routes? Total nonsense.

4. Give us examples of insults to his team-mates off the field. Should be good.

You don't like him, I get it. You don't have to make stuff like this up to prove someone is blinkered.
    Go watch some games from 2011.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Regardless of whether he's really ready or not I can't wait to have this bum off of our team. He gave us some great memories, but he's a grade A clown.
    Thanks, Fanny. I want him there; he's the only MVP (of anything) we have on the roster.

Chad is the model Jet, and get crucified. Another Jet super talent is a moping diva, and he's not worth spitting on.

I don't get the....the...

?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Go watch some games from 2011.
    Translation:

I have no proof, can't answer a single request to prove what I wrote.

Again, which players has he thrown under the bus, when and how has he shown that he has an over inflated sense of his own worth, when did he run half-assed routes and list examples of insults he has made about his team-mates off the field.

You can't just make this sh1t up, list it as fact without proof.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-23-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    LISTEN HERE: Morhinweg has BIG plans for our superstar, SLANTonio Home-run. SOMEONE in FP needs to bottle up this PR disaster in the making; stop leaking stories about him not practicing. Jimmy Johnson would let Santonio sleep in his office during practice, if that's what it took to get his best performance on Sunday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Translation:

I have no proof, can't answer a single request to prove what I wrote.

Again, which players has he thrown under the bus, when and how has he shown that he has an over inflated sense of his own worth, when did he run half-assed routes and list examples of insults he has made about his team-mates off the field.

You can't just make this sh1t up, list it as fact without proof.
    I'm not going to waste my time. You clearly see what you want to see. Nothing I or anyone else says will change that.

If you want to find examples of Holmes past behaviour, I suggest Google. I'm not going to do it for you.

Again, also go and watch games from 2011 - Holmes' lazy route running and lack of effort is plain to see, if you are prepared to see it.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Seriously. I cannot stand that act (pointing downfield). He's one of the biggest perpetrators. I wish they would outlaw that.
    I can't believe you and BUttle went to the same U.