Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets sign wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi

Post New Story: Jets sign wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi

The Jets have signed former Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi, head coach Rex Ryan confirmed on Thursday.

The wide receiver-needy Jaguars released Massaquoi earlier this month after signing him to a two-year contract in April that could have been worth up to $4.7 million with incentives.

Still, the Jets were singing his praises after working him out earlier this morning.

Ryan said Massaquoi reminded him of former Jet, and fan-favorite, Jerricho Cotchery, while offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg*said the former Browns' second round pick has "excellent hands" and is a good route runner.

Massaquoi will now be added to a...

More...

Jets Insider VIP
    Great to hear he is like Jericho Cotchery , I always liked his quiet leadership.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Great to hear he is like Jericho Cotchery , I always liked his quiet leadership.

Yep like when he asked to be released..

Massaquoi? with all his success in Cleveland, Lombardi Trophy, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just philosophical differences, Savage... Don't be so fast to criticize the guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Just philosophical differences, Savage... Don't be so fast to criticize the guy.
    Is it against the law to have a sense of humor in Maine??

I like the signing if he makes the roster we are going to have our crotch back

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He was a disgruntled employee. I can't wait till I read his book on the subject. I'll bet it had to do with Rex disrespecting him and bringing in his guys....you know what's his name in the slot.

Veteran
    is this guy going to make the roster? i remember seeing flashes of him in Cleveland, i'm a georgia fan so i know him well from there, but is he better then Spadola or Edwards? i think it's him or one of those 2.

All League
    would have been a lot better for this organization if they had drafted a top receiver. An area that was sorely lacking and they did nothing to improve it. Instead we sign retreads.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    is this guy going to make the roster? i remember seeing flashes of him in Cleveland, i'm a georgia fan so i know him well from there, but is he better then Spadola or Edwards? i think it's him or one of those 2.
    the Jets now have 16 WR's on the roster including IR and PUP. This guy sounds really good but plagued with injuries all last year (concussion plus plus) so he will fit right in on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    would have been a lot better for this organization if they had drafted a top receiver. An area that was sorely lacking and they did nothing to improve it. Instead we sign retreads.
    Free Agency is for needs; Draft is for the most talented player regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    I would have taken Allen over Winters but WR wasnt a huge need for this team. Your talking #5-6 guys who cares what your putting out there.

With this signing, this means we're gonna cut Hill.

Veteran
    if austin was there at 9, they would have taken him. still, in the 3rd, there were good WRs. Williams from Baylor, Allen from Cal, Goodwin from Texas and Wheaton from Oregon State are a few.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You forgot the sarcastic smiley. No way does Hill get cut.

Totally!

Veteran
    A WR that was run out of Cleveland and Jacksonville? Massaquoi won't make this team. His NFL career is coming to an end.

All Pro
    Massaquoi signing this late in camp tells me you can forget about seeing Holmes in a Jet uniform this season. Thought maybe he'd come back after starting the season on the pup list, but Holmes being the selfish punk that he is, will not risk further injury to his foot knowing he'll be cut, and won't be back here next year. He wants to be 100% healthy so he has a shot at hooking up with another team next year. He'll rehab his foot all season long on the Jets dime.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 08-22-2013 at 10:06 PM.

All Pro
    Hill is the 2nd coming of Jonny "lamb" Jones.