Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes medically cleared to practice....but he refuses

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    What about Holme's past history leads you to give Holmes the benefit of the doubt? Is it always that he's been such a team player putting the needs of the team above his own?
    The way I see it is that if the Jets (Idzik) thinks Holmes is mailing it in or milking it then he should just IR him or cut him. He is not going to be here in 2014 anyway. So the Jets are the ones that are screwing this up if he is in fact dogging it. Why put up with it? And that is what makes me think this report is bogus or at least the sauce is not someone with any real power within the organization.

Holmes was running the other day. Rex has said he is keeping himself in good shape. It might be that he is not in football shape.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 08-22-2013 at 11:57 AM.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The way I see it is that if the Jets (Idzik) thinks Holmes is mailing it in or milking it then he should just IR him or cut him. He is not going to be here in 2014 anyway. So the Jets are the ones that are screwing this up if he is in fact dogging it. Why put up with it? And that is what makes me think this report is bogus and not from anyone with any real power within the organization.
    From the Jets standpoint, if they are going to pay him (far too much), might as well get what you can out of him.

All Pro
    As others have said, cannot wait to flush this turd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    From the Jets standpoint, if they are going to pay him (far too much), might as well get what you can out of him.
    Santonio is all about Santonio at this point. He knows he's likely cut after this season. In his mind, I think he wants to come back and play some games (maybe 8, maybe 12) as an audition for next year. He doesn't want to risk injury right now and he has zero motivation to put himself out there for the Jets to make them a better team at the start of the season. Some guys put themselves out there for the good of the team, to try to win a championship, etc. Santonio is all about playing maybe 8 good games to end the year and show other teams he is back to 100% healthy so he can get a deal next year. That's my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    This, right here, is what they will get out of him if the report is correct. Controversy. If they are happy with him then keep him, if they aren't then get rid of him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Santonio is all about Santonio at this point. He knows he's likely cut after this season. In his mind, I think he wants to come back and play some games (maybe 8, maybe 12) as an audition for next year. He doesn't want to risk injury right now and he has zero motivation to put himself out there for the Jets to make them a better team at the start of the season. Some guys put themselves out there for the good of the team, to try to win a championship, etc. Santonio is all about playing maybe 8 good games to end the year and show other teams he is back to 100% healthy so he can get a deal next year. That's my opinion.
    Exactly. Couldnt agree more.

Im just guessing in some weird way the Jets are better off with 8 games than cutting him. Im almost certain his cap casualty would have been tremendous.

What a crappy corner to paint yourself into.

Hall Of Fame
    Exactly. Couldnt agree more.

Im just guessing in some weird way the Jets are better off with 8 games than cutting him. Im almost certain his cap casualty would have been tremendous.

What a crappy corner to paint yourself into.
    No argument from me on that. But the Jets have to way the financial burden or cutting him vs. stuff like this. Do they want these leaks throughout the season. It could be 2011 all over again. Rex would certainly be gone if things turned into another freak show.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No argument from me on that. But the Jets have to way the financial burden or cutting him vs. stuff like this. Do they want another 2011. Rex would certainly be gone if things turned into another freak show.
    Almost certain his contract couldnt be dumped....it was close to all guaranteed money i believe. I know he even restructured (slightly), but next year he is gone.

WHat do you mean weigh the consequences?....Like he would be a distraction?

Cant stand him, but if hes getting paid, play the guy.

Fully agree. If Geno's the guy, it gives him another weapon to raise his comfort level in his rookie year. After this season, could care less what happens to Holmes.

All League
    Dude is now 100% milking this injury...typical Tone.

Hall Of Fame
    Almost certain his contract couldnt be dumped....it was close to all guaranteed money i believe. I know he even restructured (slightly), but next year he is gone.

WHat do you mean weigh the consequences?....Like he would be a distraction?

Yes. Let me preface by saying that I don't think the Jets (at least the people of significance) are unhappy with him so I do think he will remain on the team. But IF they were unhappy I think it would be best to just sever ties in spite of the financial ramifications. It is Idzik's first year and Rex can't afford to have any more acrimony in the locker room. Rex wants to keep his job. Have to see the forest through the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Santonio has already mailed it in. It's what he does. Quits on the season earlier every year - this year before the season has even started.

He got paid and, since then, he hasn't tried a lick. He just wants to collect his pay, get cut in the offseason, and then try to find the next sucker.
    Agreed. If he hadn't sold us out previously, would probably cut him more slack, but it's been a year and he's always let us down. Will not be able to get over what he did against the Fins 2 years ago, should have cut his A$$!

All Pro
    He's just waiting for Geno to be handed the keys

Jets Insider VIP
    If I were Idzik, I'd put him on the PUP list. Let him sit for 6 weeks more and contemplate his navel.

Holmes days in NY are as numbered as Mark Sanchez' days. Likely they both get booted out of town just as soon as the season has concluded. Tired of the baggage that he brings. It's been a bad investment right from the start. Don't think he's ever brought anything great to our favorite team and that is really why he was resigned in the first place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If I were Idzik, I'd put him on the PUP list. Let him sit for 6 weeks more and contemplate his navel.
    In one of McG tweets it said MM,Cro, and Holmes were all laughing it up. I just don't buy into all the conspiracy theories floating around. I'm interested more on finding out if he still has "IT".

All League
    Who else is going to celebrate catching a three yard pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    What about Holme's past history leads you to give Holmes the benefit of the doubt? Is it always that he's been such a team player putting the needs of the team above his own?
    Well he did toss the ball to the other team so they could get a touchdown when he fell down and got a boo boo. That's being a team player, just for the wrong team. Dump the Chump...he's a self-centered POS and we don't need him.

Really with this thread?

It's pretty simple, if there was any truth to Holmes digging it, he would be gone, there would be no positive response from both Rex and Idzik, as well as MM for that matter, they've all raved about the work Holmes has done in his rehab, conditioning, and in camp on and off the field with the team.

cmon, the Coz article doesn't mean anything, it could mean he will probably start to practice soon.

get rid of this cancer