Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holmes medically cleared to practice....but he refuses

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It was a foot. And I don't think confidence is the problem.
    Come on Man!!

Holmes is a team guy!! Why he never undermined the starting QB, nearly fought with his OL, refused to attend additional practices to get better...Why he wouldn't do any of that!!!

Hmmmm it is a joke...

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You'r just plain wrong. Read this from LT about Holmes and Sanchez.

Details of the Sanchez-Holmes feud emerged at the end of the season, but Tomlinson said things started to fall apart in the third or fourth week.

"I've been around some locker rooms and quarterback-receiver situations and what-not, but it was as bad as I've been around," Tomlinson said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL," which aired Wednesday night.

"You know, it was at the point where I think the players could no longer do anything about it. There was nothing that the players could do. So when it gets to that point, there are certain changes that need to happen. Can it be fixed? I think absolutely it can be. But they're going to have to make some tough decisions."

Tomlinson said the players actually had a name for the rift -- the East Coast-West Coast beef, because Sanchez is from California, Holmes from Florida. He said they "poked fun at it," but he added, "In all seriousness, Santonio, obviously, he's a great player. There are some things that obviously he needs to work on as far as being a leader."

If he were the GM, Tomlinson said it would be a "tough one," the decision on whether to keep Sanchez and Holmes together. The Jets have said they plan to retain Holmes, who signed a five-year, $45 million contract before the season, but their true intentions will be known in the coming weeks. He's already guaranteed $7.75 million for 2012 and, if they don't cut by him Feb. 8, they'd have to guarantee an additional $7.5 million.

Tomlinson, contemplating retirement as he heads into free agency, didn't spare Ryan and Tannenbaum, intimating they contributed to the mess.

"They created this," he said. "This is the type of football team that they wanted. Mike Tannenbaum, Rex Ryan are both brash, in-your-face type of style, say whatever you want, just get it done on the field. And then it leads to other things, as guys are calling each other out and saying, 'I'm not getting the ball' or whatever it may be."

It was a bitterly disappointing season for Gang Green, and there's plenty of blame to go around.

Perhaps it's no coincidence that, on the field, Sanchez and Holmes had terrible chemistry. There were 29 quarterback-receiver tandems in which the quarterback targeted that specific receiver at least 100 times, and the combo with the worst completion percentage was Sanchez to Holmes -- 50.2 percent.

The Sanchez-Holmes relationship started to fray after a Week 4 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, according to a source. Afterward, Holmes called out Sanchez and the offensive line, criticizing them publicly. The next day, Sanchez spoke to the offense as a group, asking for team unity. Shortly thereafter, Holmes made more critical comments to the media.

In the days leading up to the final game, Sanchez called a special quarterback-receivers meeting to watch film and Holmes showed up, complaining, as first reported by ESPNNewYork.com. He didn't show for the next day's meeting. In the game, Holmes was benched after jawing with teammates.
    http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=7477015&type=story

How can you keep denying this? Are you going to attack these messengers also?
    Thank you for posting the article....

Remember how it was reported that Holmes refused to attend additional practices to improve the on field chemistry between he and the QB..... Madness that anyone supports that kind of "team" player...

The fact that folks defend this behavior is disgraceful!!!

Holmes is a sissy and a punk. I hope he stays "injured"