Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: New Story: Jets sign wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Massaquoi signing this late in camp tells me you can forget about seeing Holmes in a Jet uniform this season. Thought maybe he'd come back after starting the season on the pup list, but Holmes being the selfish punk that he is, will not risk further injury to his foot knowing he'll be cut, and won't be back here next year. He wants to be 100% healthy so he has a shot at hooking up with another team next year. He'll rehab his foot all season long on the Jets dime.
    lol what

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Massaquoi signing this late in camp tells me you can forget about seeing Holmes in a Jet uniform this season. Thought maybe he'd come back after starting the season on the pup list, but Holmes being the selfish punk that he is, will not risk further injury to his foot knowing he'll be cut, and won't be back here next year. He wants to be 100% healthy so he has a shot at hooking up with another team next year. He'll rehab his foot all season long on the Jets dime.
    Good ...







    ... Riddance.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,292
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Massaquoi signing this late in camp tells me you can forget about seeing Holmes in a Jet uniform this season. Thought maybe he'd come back after starting the season on the pup list, but Holmes being the selfish punk that he is, will not risk further injury to his foot knowing he'll be cut, and won't be back here next year. He wants to be 100% healthy so he has a shot at hooking up with another team next year. He'll rehab his foot all season long on the Jets dime.
    I think Braylon tweeked his knee and may be the odd man out.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Speaks more to the lack of talent at WR here than anything else.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Speaks more to the lack of talent at WR here than anything else.
    2014 is the year we get our Megatron.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    2014 is the year we get our Megatron.
    Unless Hill steps up and keeps that ball off the ground.

    We're in a good position. ESPECIALLY if the above happens!

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,683
    I always liked this guy in Cleveland. Seemed to make big time plays at times but then disappeared for a few games. He is still young. My question or concern really is why was he cut so quickly in Jacksonville?

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,193
    Bye Bye Braylon

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,292
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I always liked this guy in Cleveland. Seemed to make big time plays at times but then disappeared for a few games. He is still young. My question or concern really is why was he cut so quickly in Jacksonville?
    Jacksonville doesn't have the money and he was do a new big contract.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bye Bye Braylon
    Agreed... Is this guy just a slightly older version of Hill? Athletic but drops?

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Agreed... Is this guy just a slightly older version of Hill? Athletic but drops?
    Much more of a possession receiver.

    Looked very promising during his first two seasons in Cleveland.

    I agree with the Cotchery comparison. The kid has great hands and is a refined route runner.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Much more of a possession receiver.

    Looked very promising during his first two seasons in Cleveland.

    I agree with the Cotchery comparison. The kid has great hands and is a refined route runner.
    Seems to differ from a lot of the scouting reports prior to the draft - hopefully he turns out to be a performer!

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...aquoi?id=80664
    http://walterfootball.com/pro2009mmassaquoi.php
    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2009/5/...amed-massaquoi
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1952

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,193
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    I never really buy into these scouting reports.

    Hell, one of the big knocks against Aaron Rodgers coming out was that he had questionable arm strength. Fast forward to today and Rodgers has arguably the strongest arm in the game.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I never really buy into these scouting reports.

    Hell, one of the big knocks against Aaron Rodgers coming out was that he had questionable arm strength. Fast forward to today and Rodgers has arguably the strongest arm in the game.
    They run variations of the WCO, Bill Walsh created the WCO offense in Cincinnati for his weak armed QB.

  15. #35
    I believe he had some very serious concussion problems. Didn't Harrsion from Pittsburgh destroy him with a head shot at one time?

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They run variations of the WCO, Bill Walsh created the WCO offense in Cincinnati for his weak armed QB.
    West Coast offense or not, no denying that Rodgers has one of the strongest arms in the league, if not the strongest.

    Your definitely right about the origin of the WCO and it was created basically out of necessity for weak armed QBs to become much more effective...... but that doesn't mean a guy with a friggin laser for an arm like Rodgers or Cutler cant run it effectively as well.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    West Coast offense or not, no denying that Rodgers has one of the strongest arms in the league, if not the strongest.

    Your definitely right about the origin of the WCO and it was created basically out of necessity for weak armed QBs to become much more effective...... but that doesn't mean a guy with a friggin laser for an arm like Rodgers or Cutler cant run it effectively as well.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
    Didn't say they can't, in fact much better.

  18. #38
    I like the sound of Mohamed Massaquoi and Ben Obomanu a lot better than Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. It's 2013 people, Mark Sanchez has gotten progressively worse and will be gone next year- time to move forward.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Is it against the law to have a sense of humor in Maine??
    Not at all, I for one enjoyed the laugh.

  20. #40
    Best thing about the signing is that it solidifies the consistency in Idzik's fundamental approach to managing this team. Establishing competition at all positions. I like that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us