Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mornhinweg is Leaning Toward Sanchez?

All League

Mornhinweg is Leaning Toward Sanchez?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...k_sanchez.html

I might be reading into this too much but I saw a bunch come over Twitter earlier today from the interviews, Lee seems straight up, MM sounds like he more comfortable with Sanchez and it will take a miracle for Smith to come in starting week 1.

And if one player doesn’t elevate himself?

“Certainly, there’s a lot of variables involved, and you go with some instincts there as well,” Mornhinweg said.

“We’ll see,” Mornhinweg said. “I probably put a little bit less thought into it than you suspect. Mark has had a terrific camp. He’s had some dips there. Geno’s had an outstanding camp for a rookie. He’s just had a little bit more than a couple of plays in a preseason game. We’ll see what happens in this next ball game.

Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by SouthTown; 08-22-2013 at 06:03 PM.

All League
    These two tweets from the MM interview I found to be the most telling if you read into this stuff like I do:

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 3h
    Marty says Sanchez has been more accurate in this preseason and camp than in years past. #nyj

Mornhinweg sounds like he's a vote for Sanchez #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    I know you put the question mark in the title but it is still misleading b.c of when the "IS" is.

I think you might be reading too much into it and the only person leading towards Sanchez is Rex.

Those tweets are comparing Sanchez to Sanchez. He had nowhere to go but up in terms of accuracy.

Jets Insider VIP
    It isn't a bad thing for Mark to start and bring Geno in when Mark falters. The Geno era will then start.

You're not wrong.

> "for a rookie"
    > "he lacks experience"
    > "Mark's had a fantastic camp"
    > "no substitute for experience"

Yes, we all know where this is going. Same thing, different year.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know you put the question mark in the title but it is still misleading b.c of when the "IS" is.

I think you might be reading too much into it and the only person leading towards Sanchez is Rex.

Those tweets are comparing Sanchez to Sanchez. He had nowhere to go but up in terms of accuracy.
    Apparently, Brian Costello is reading it the same way.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No reason in the world for Geno to start, it's Mark's job to lose.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You're not wrong.

> "for a rookie"
    > "he lacks experience"
    > "Mark's had a fantastic camp"
    > "no substitute for experience"

Yes, we all know where this is going. Same thing, different year.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Exactly.
    So you are sensing what I am sensing here.

MM wants Sanchez to trot out there week 1 and frankly, that is 1 too many weeks for me. Thank you very much. I can't stand the thought of this kid going out to start another game. I know that is knee-jerk and short sighted, but as a former Sanchez supporter, this kid has just taken the hope out of anything I had left. I can't believe I might have to watch him for another week, at the least.

oh noez mm is conspirating toos

For the record, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm saying we're going to be suffering through another year of Mark Sanchez' Disaster Theater.

In no way am I saying this was rigged in Mark's favor.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    These two tweets from the MM interview I found to be the most telling if you read into this stuff like I do:

[B]Marty says Sanchez has been more accurate in this preseason and camp than in years past. #nyj[/B]

Mornhinweg sounds like he's a vote for Sanchez #nyj
    How much water can this hold when it's Marty's first year with Sanchez? Unless he is counseling with Schotty & Sparano (in which case we are in REALLY deep ....).

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    How much water can this hold when it's Marty's first year with Sanchez? Unless he is counseling with Schotty & Sparano (in which case we are in REALLY deep ....).
    He stated before camp that he reviewed past footage of Mark, iirc.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    For the record, I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm saying we're going to be suffering through another year of Mark Sanchez' Disaster Threads.

In no way am I saying this was rigged in Mark's favor.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    Fixed.

And those threads will be warranted.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No reason in the world for Geno to start, it's Mark's job to lose.
    No reason other than horrible accuracy, awful turnovers weak arm and poor vision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who knows in the bigger scheme of things, Mark may surprise us and play well this season. Just perfect that damn screen pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    No reason other than horrible accuracy, awful turnovers weak arm and poor vision.
    That may very well be, however, that's not how the NFL works in this scenario.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Who knows in the bigger scheme of things, Mark may surprise us and play well this season. Just perfect that damn screen pass.
    That's what concerns me most passes out into the flat, quick six.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    What are you talking about? He already HAS perfected it. Every time he throws it, it goes for 6.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

this is getting confusing.

first, we were told there was a Rex-driven conspiracy to name Sanchez the starter no matter what and that the competition was fixed.

then, Manish comes out and confirms that there IS a conspiracy, but it's being perpetuated by Woody/Idzik to give Geno the starting spot.

now, it appears that MM is behind the conspiracy after all, but he wants to give the job to Mark.

LOLWHUT