Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mornhinweg is Leaning Toward Sanchez?

"SethWalderNYDNDavid Lee says if Geno is going to win job, the competition will have to extend through 4th preseason game. #nyj
    "

Let's not forget Lee who is clearly saying even if Geno kicks butt against the Giants he will only be bring things even, and we will need the 4th game as a tie breaker.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Who knows in the bigger scheme of things, Mark may surprise us and play well this season. Just perfect that damn screen pass.
    Dude I wish I had your optimism. I would have many more years on my life that I have lost over the past 20 years watching the Jets. That is HIGHLY unlikely to happen. Come on now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What are you talking about? He already HAS perfected it. Every time he throws it, it goes for 6.

#SwaggingWhileTalking
    You mean he's perfected his pick6; now he needs to perfect the +6.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You mean he's perfected his pick6; now he needs to perfect the +6.
    A scoring play is a scoring play.

#SwaggingWhileTalking

All League
    Sounds like Geno needs to be lights out on Saturday

the qb decision = was essentially pushed back an extra week when geno got hurt, tried to practice but it was clear he couldn't push through it, the coaching staff should have sat him and as a result he missed the jax game. then sanchez had a prime opportunity to put the competition to rest but didn't. so now they're in limbo, so they need to see if geno can step it up against the giants. if he does, his elevated play would basically pull him even with sanchez, with sanchez's experience balancing out his uneven play. if geno stinks this saturday that would basically mean sanchez wins by default and gives geno more time to learn the offense. if geno plays well it may entice the jet brass to start geno and see how he does vs. tampa.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Sounds like Geno needs to be lights out on Saturday
    and in his time in game 4 at Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this is getting confusing.

first, we were told there was a Rex-driven conspiracy to name Sanchez the starter no matter what and that the competition was fixed.

then, Manish comes out and confirms that there IS a conspiracy, but it's being perpetuated by Woody/Idzik to give Geno the starting spot.

now, it appears that MM is behind the conspiracy after all, but he wants to give the job to Mark.

LOLWHUT
    LOL half of this board is conspiracy theory and drama, there is no logic anymore, fans but into the media spun crap, it's a soap opera, and these same fans then go off and watch another episode of "As the world turns," to come up with the next one.

i think it would be really great if someone other than sanchez was qb but at the same time you need to give credit where it's due. right now sanchez is having a really good camp, for sanchez and smith is still very much an unknown. if the jets can win with sanchez then it will make smith all that much better next season. one thing i also see is that both mcelroy and simms are showing something and it's too bad both of these guys will be no better than no. 3.

also, we all wanted sanchez to be pushed in camp and it looks like it's been a fair trial. the best qb will be starting on week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Exactly.
    So you are sensing what I am sensing here.

MM wants Sanchez to trot out there week 1 and frankly, that is 1 too many weeks for me. Thank you very much. I can't stand the thought of this kid going out to start another game. I know that is knee-jerk and short sighted, but as a former Sanchez supporter, this kid has just taken the hope out of anything I had left. I can't believe I might have to watch him for another week, at the least.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    "SethWalderNYDNDavid Lee says if Geno is going to win job, the competition will have to extend through 4th preseason game. #nyj
    "

Let's not forget Lee who is clearly saying even if Geno kicks butt against the Giants he will only be bring things even, and we will need the 4th game as a tie breaker.

Exactly. We are screwed folks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL half of this board is conspiracy theory and drama, there is no logic anymore, fans but into the media spun crap, it's a soap opera, and these same fans then go off and watch another episode of "As the world turns," to come up with the next one.
    I don't believe in any conspiracy.

I believe in following key figures (Woody, Idzik, Rex, MM, Lee) and seeing where they stand on the issue and which way they are leaning. No conspiracy here. Just basic business and politics.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the qb decision = was essentially pushed back an extra week when geno got hurt, tried to practice but it was clear he couldn't push through it, the coaching staff should have sat him and as a result he missed the jax game. then sanchez had a prime opportunity to put the competition to rest but didn't. so now they're in limbo, so they need to see if geno can step it up against the giants. if he does, his elevated play would basically pull him even with sanchez, with sanchez's experience balancing out his uneven play. if geno stinks this saturday that would basically mean sanchez wins by default and gives geno more time to learn the offense. if geno plays well it may entice the jet brass to start geno and see how he does vs. tampa.
    Stop it!!!! You're making too mush sense

In the interview last week MM seemed like he was leaning away from Sanchez and said Sanchez needs to be able to play at a consistently high level which he hasn't.

I would not read anything into these comments other than they want both QBs to think the competition is ongoing. Does anyone really expect them to come right out and say " If Geno plays well than he wins the job"

No way they are doing that. What they are doing though is laying the groundwork to come out and say on Sunday or Monday "Geno really separated himself in that game"

These comments are very very similar to the comments made about Flynn and Wilson before the third game last year.

We just have to see how Geno plays. If he plays 2 quarters at a high level, I just see no way they go back to Sanchez. Also, competition or night if they were really leaning towards Sanchez he would start game 3, they wouldn't just uphold the competition for competition sake. They are giving Geno the opportunity to win it. Thinking anything else is ridiculous.

Veteran
    i completely understand all the hate for Sanchez, but lets face it, he hasn't been terrible this preseason. unfortunately for Geno, he had to sit out last game. that gave Sanchez some more first team reps and again, he didn't play terrible. when it comes to MM and David Lee, remember, this is his first year with them. he isn't judging this competition on prior performance. in their mind, their both first year QBs competing for the starting spot.

and as for the competition going into the 4th game, it should. Geno needs a little more time with the 1's to show that he deserves to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No reason in the world for Geno to start, it's Mark's job to lose.
    Totally agree. I'm expecting that to happen about week 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    In the interview last week MM seemed like he was leaning away from Sanchez and said Sanchez needs to be able to play at a consistently high level which he hasn't.

I would not read anything into these comments other than they want both QBs to think the competition is ongoing. Does anyone really expect them to come right out and say " If Geno plays well than he wins the job"

No way they are doing that. What they are doing though is laying the groundwork to come out and say on Sunday or Monday "Geno really separated himself in that game"

These comments are very very similar to the comments made about Flynn and Wilson before the third game last year.

We just have to see how Geno plays. If he plays 2 quarters at a high level, I just see no way they go back to Sanchez. Also, competition or night if they were really leaning towards Sanchez he would start game 3, they wouldn't just uphold the competition for competition sake. They are giving Geno the opportunity to win it. Thinking anything else is ridiculous.
    at this point if they're leaning towards sanchez it's b/c geno is a rookie who got hurt and missed a preseason game. there's nothing in sanchez's play that's wowed the jets, except for his td vs the lions suggesting he bounced back, but he didn't carry that over to the jax first half. they know what they have in sanchez and they're not thrilled but to justify starting a rookie they need to see him play well. that's all there is to it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Dude I wish I had your optimism. I would have many more years on my life that I have lost over the past 20 years watching the Jets. That is HIGHLY unlikely to happen. Come on now.
    Hey South town, I used to be an avid Mets fan but finally lost my faith in them; I used to usher at Shea stadium while in college for the Jet games. I've been with them ever since. It is an addiction. Every year I go to games and read everything I can about them. I prefer to see things while drinking the cool aide.

All League
    Everyone says the hardest thing to get used to in the pro game is its so much faster than college. Geno has to deal with that plus absorb the West Coast offense. Makes sense MM prefers Sanchez because he can probably absorb more of his playbook. Don't think its horrible we send Sanchez out there for first 5 games to see how he does cause Geno may be in over his head with that stretch of teams. At the worst we suck and Geno comes in. At the best Sanchez shows he is a decent QB with MM system.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

Smith has thrown all of 7 passes, in a game....... OF COURSE they want to see what he's got, FOR the sake of the COMPETITION. In no way does that mean they aren't leaning toward Sanchez. You think Idzik is coaching them on what to say, based on your "Seattle" reference? Talk about ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Everyone says the hardest thing to get used to in the pro game is its so much faster than college. Geno has to deal with that plus absorb the West Coast offense. Makes sense MM prefers Sanchez because he can probably absorb more of his playbook. Don't think its horrible we send Sanchez out there for first 5 games to see how he does cause Geno may be in over his head with that stretch of teams. At the worst we suck and Geno comes in. At the best Sanchez shows he is a decent QB with MM system.
    He just came out of college. He had to study for exams etc. Now he is dealing with the media, new surroundings, new playbook,new competition etc. I think it would be beneficial to go mid season; however, the fan in me wants him now. I'll let the coaches call this one.