Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good thing the Jets didn't hire Bill Cowher

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Sanchez should start, Geno can always be brought in if need be the Jets aren't going to the SB any time soon, let Sanchez hang himself. You bring Geno in on some plays and slowly acclimate him to the NFL maybe.
    Could be argued he did last year....and the year before that. If it werent for those 2 crapper seasons back to back, i think the leash would be extended a bit, but currently, i say you got to let the best man win.

Geno gets his chance to shine tomorrow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    There is 1/2 the preseason to go, and it appears Idzik is going to need both weeks upcoming to get this decision locked up.
    Man the media really has all the fans fooled. ITS NOT IDZIKS DECISION ON WHO WILL START. Rex is the one who has the say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Rex has a tattoo of his wife in a Jets jersey.

He did't go out and get a Sanchez tattoo.

Huge difference and means nothing to anyone without a point to try and make
    Doesn't change the fact. Its a friggen tat of his wife, not a Sanchez tattoo.

That he picked the best selling jersey, his starting QB for her to wear means nothing to those who don't want to it into a big deal.

Or just hate Rex
    The fact that you can't see the significance of the Sanchez jersey speaks volumes. Rex's handpicked QB that was supposed to become the face of the franchise for a decade.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The fact that you can't see the significance of the Sanchez jersey speaks volumes. Rex's handpicked QB that was supposed to become the face of the franchise for a decade.
    The fact that the poster boy for SOJF sees a tat of Rexs wife, in a classic pinup pose in a jet jersey and thinks its a Sanchez tattoo does say a lot.

That everyone still saw Sanchez as the face of the org so was the number used doesn't strengthen you point that its a Sanchez tat. Its a tattoo of his wife. How whiney do you have to be

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe in this case, that is exactly the problem. he can't seem to make the decision, so someone else might as well make it for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    PocketPat to the rescue!

And I wish Wesley Willis was still around... He would have SURELY wrote a song about Mark Sanchez, and it would be EPIC!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Cowher is massively overrated as a coach but I agree with him here. The very best outcome of this season for me would be this.

Sanchez starts most if not all of the games and plays well. Smith sits and learns for a year. The Jets smartly dump Sanchez on some unsuspecting team for a draft pick. We look at the draft and if there is a prime Qb there for us and it makes sense drat another QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Man the media really has all the fans fooled. ITS NOT IDZIKS DECISION ON WHO WILL START. Rex is the one who has the say.
    I disagree, its not solely Rex's call. You don't bring in a veteran OC like MM and give him no say on who he wants to run his WCO.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 08-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think Cowher is massively overrated as a coach but I agree with him here. The very best outcome of this season for me would be this.

Sanchez starts most if not all of the games and plays well. Smith sits and learns for a year. The Jets smartly dump Sanchez on some unsuspecting team for a draft pick. We look at the draft and if there is a prime Qb there for us and it makes sense drat another QB.
    With our luck the Pats are the team that trade for Sanchez; in a bizarro world , Brady gets hurt and Sanchez comes in to win a SB for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowher said he believes the Jets should give Mark Sanchez the starting job and ease Geno Smith into a role on the team.
    Its a work in progress, to be honest with you, Cowher, now an analyst with CBS, said when asked if he thought the Jets had enough talent to support a rookie signal-caller.
    I don't see how anybody can argue with that.

I mean, seriously, I remember the majority of this board acknowledging that 2013 was going to be a rebuilding type year. A 0-0 record in August shouldn't change that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't see how anybody can argue with that.

I mean, seriously, I remember the majority of this board acknowledging that 2013 was going to be a rebuilding type year. A 0-0 record in August shouldn't change that.
    I just dont know how much learning Geno can do on the bench? Its not like Sanchez is some wily Veteran, long in the tooth taking Geno under his wing. Mark sucks, and should have separated himself from Geno if he wants the job so much.

The only legitimate reason to start Sanchez if if one truly believes Mark can trun it around, MM will help him get grounded, etc; a Sanchite.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I just dont know how much learning Geno can do on the bench? Its not like Sanchez is some wily Veteran, long in the tooth taking Geno under his wing. Mark sucks, and should have separated himself from Geno if he wants the job so much.

The only legitimate reason to start Sanchez if if one truly believes Mark can trun it around, MM will help him get grounded, etc; a Sanchite.
    This is the reason many of us wanted to cut ties with Mark before training camp started. A health veteran who knew his role was short term and would work with Geno to get him up to speed. This would have been the perfect situation and even if the veteran started there would be none of the BS we are seeing now. Everyone including the veteran would have understood that getting Geno ready to start was the main goal of the season

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Meh... How the hell does he know?
    He DOESN'T

NONE of these analysts know a DAMN thing about the JETS.

Most of us on this board know WAY more about this current roster.

I hope Geno really shows all of these a$$holes that they don't know shlt
    Well said...who the **** cares what he thinks

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that the poster boy for SOJF sees a tat of Rexs wife, in a classic pinup pose in a jet jersey and thinks its a Sanchez tattoo does say a lot.

That everyone still saw Sanchez as the face of the org so was the number used doesn't strengthen you point that its a Sanchez tat. Its a tattoo of his wife. How whiney do you have to be
    Has anyone verified how old the tattoo is? Maybe Rex was just a big Ray Lucas fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Sanchez should start. It's not rocket science.
    Its pretty obvious that Sanchez should throw the ball away instead of Pick 6.
    Its pretty obvious Sanchez should not deconstruct after a pick.
    Its pretty obvious Sanchez should have started camp looking WAY better than Smith.

Its not rocket science...Sanchez continually fails at the things he SHOULD do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Its pretty obvious that Sanchez should throw the ball away instead of Pick 6.
    Its pretty obvious Sanchez should not deconstruct after a pick.
    Its pretty obvious Sanchez should have started camp looking WAY better than Smith.

Its not rocket science...Sanchez continually fails at the things he SHOULD do.
    yes, but what's your point?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He still is a Pitt guy never liked the jets why he didn't show any interest in the boatload of $ it was rumored woody would have game him.. So of course he wants what is worst for jets ha

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowher's insanely overrated. He rode Dick Lebeau's genius to a Super Bowl. Not worth whatever he would need to coach again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Sanchez should start. It's not rocket science.
    Of course. Sanchez is garbage but this team is going nowhere anyway. No reason to throw a rookie to the wolves (Revis week 1, Pats on 3 days rest) when he can sit back and learn for at least a few games.

As for Cowher, yes, what a great thing that the Jets kept Tannenbaum instead of going after a perennial winner like Cowher, who wanted to bring his own GM. When he takes over the Giants next year after Coughlin resigns, we can all laugh at their stupidity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Cowher's insanely overrated. He rode Dick Lebeau's genius to a Super Bowl. Not worth whatever he would need to coach again.

Of course. Whenever you can pass on the opportunity to hire a guy with 2 Super Bowl appearances (1 win), like 5 AFC title games, and too many division titles to count, you have to do it. Who wouldn't want Mike Tannenbaum instead of Bill Cowher? I mean, really.